closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,500 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Most AD’s have a pm sky dweller it seems that whether ordered or not that model would have been bundled with 2 tone date just . As I said earlier 3 Ad’s I wandered past all have one in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    I am still surprised they made the Skydweller in steel. Its the high flyers piece and wish they would make a day date 2 in steel.
    RIAC

That would be a very beautiful elegant watch
    Similar to 2 tone nautilus and royal oaks

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I am still surprised they made the Skydweller in steel. Its the high flyers piece and wish they would make a day date 2 in steel.
    That'll be more popular than the sub

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Most AD’s have a pm sky dweller it seems that whether ordered or not that model would have been bundled with 2 tone date just . As I said earlier 3 Ad’s I wandered past all have one in stock.

Stock to purchase? Which ADs?

Master
    Not entirely unheard of...

https://www.phillips.com/detail/rolex/CH080221/52

Master
    I remember being in the AD shortly after they came out and was being encouraged to put my name down for one. I didn’t because I didn’t want one. (And I’m the lowest of low flyers.) The fact they were “offering” me tells the same story about changed times.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    What AD is this at?
    Rolex boutique in Belfast

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Master
    Also re the skydweller, WF had the same one at 50k plus six months ago. Well below 40 when last I checked.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Apart from the size, bezel and bracelet its almost perfect!!!!
    RIAC

The Steel/White Gold Rolesor Skydwellers were launched (in 2017) as the initial 2012 launch of the precious metal only Skydwellers resulted in very poor sales for the brand and it was rumoured it might have been discontinued given how just poor those 5 years of sales were.

And now the Rolesor Skydweller (especially with the Blue or new Mint dial) is right up there with the Stainless Steel Daytona as the most sought after and difficult to get watches. For me it’s best complication/watch that Rolex make and I love mine.
    Last edited by Gareth-W; 22nd June 2023 at 18:22.

I took the SkyDweller off my list a few weeks back because the AD said it was the least likely out of anything on my list. No point clogging the wish list when you can go down for other things. Lovely watch though.

Craftsman
    Tried on a gold blue dial skydweeller today

Bloody loved it but unfortunately it’s not something I would be able to pay for!

Tried a couple of day dates that I liked

Had a good chat for an hour or so with the sales executive.

No watches to sell but enjoyed popping in

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

Bloody loved it but unfortunately it’s not something I would be able to pay for!

It’s a bit wonderful that new Everose Skydweller you tried on. Did you see any hint of Green in the dial or is it really Blue Andy?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    It’s a bit wonderful that new Everose Skydweller you tried on. Did you see any hint of Green in the dial or is it really Blue Andy?
    It looked more blue than green to me but a slight hint. First PM watch I’ve tried on! Dangerous for the wallet!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

I have one of these on order.

I have asked that it doesn't come before the new year as I am skint 😂

Would love to see one in the flesh. What AD is this in? I asked mine for a call when they got their first in to have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I have one of these on order.

I have asked that it doesn't come before the new year as I am skint 

Would love to see one in the flesh. What AD is this in? I asked mine for a call when they got their first in to have a look at it.

Ditto 👍

Most AD’s will, maybe, only be getting one of those this year from what I understand.

Master
    The Goldsmiths of Chelmsford DayDates and Explorer aren't selling (it's no surprise). I think we will start to see a lot of solid gold watches going through auction etc as below retail.

Bodrum had one AD and now has none. The store had a full Rolex refit in Sept 2018 but relationship over it seems.

What was in the window? Absolutely everything. They even had rose gold rainbow Daytona. All available for the market price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No point clogging the wish list when you can go down for other things.
    There are a couple of stainless steel models I’d like but I’m not doing that to get one.

Master
    Seems like its time for me to fly to the UK to get a PM Rolex. In Japan, the PMs are impossible to find...(From AD).

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Seems like its time for me to fly to the UK to get a PM Rolex. In Japan, the PMs are impossible to find...(From AD).
    The Skydweller Everose on Oysterflex (Slate dial, yes?) is pretty much available at an AD if you have any kind of relationship or pre empt a trip back here to buy by calling around Jordan.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    The Goldsmiths of Chelmsford DayDates and Explorer aren't selling (it's no surprise). I think we will start to see a lot of solid gold watches going through auction etc as below retail.

The day date was still there today

Master
    The Skydweller Everose on Oysterflex (Slate dial, yes?) is pretty much available at an AD if you have any kind of relationship or pre empt a trip back here to buy by calling around Jordan.
    Thank you. Probably due to the Japanese Yen being so weak in Japan no Rolex is available in particular PM Rolex is just impossible to get. I have managed to get a SS Daytona and SS skydweller from my AD here but for the life of me just cannot get a PM rolex. The one I want aren’t even the hottest ones such as the Skydweller Slate oyster flex, and YM 40 on the Oyster flex. The price differential is massive at msrp between the UK and Japan but I rather get at an AD.

Thread is back in business. Bunch of stuff for sale in Mappin Cambridge.

Prices on what's for sale Vs exhibition.

On a similar note to Wiley and yes I know this isn't Rolex but since the madness started the GP Laureatos were selling way over RRP and had become very hard to get.

Bucherer has all the SS models available to buy via its website including the new and supposedly scarce green dial and with 5 years IFC also!

https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/watches/girard-perregaux

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    On a similar note to Wiley and yes I know this isn't Rolex but since the madness started the GP Laureatos were selling way over RRP and had become very hard to get.

Bucherer has all the SS models available to buy via its website including the new and supposedly scarce green dial and with 5 years IFC also!

https://www.bucherer.com/uk/en/watches/girard-perregaux
    Grey isn't for everyone, but think you can get 30%+ off retail from grey dealers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    Grey isn't for everyone, but think you can get 30%+ off retail from grey dealers these days.
    I know before all the madness happened that was de rigeur with the Laureatos but then they started trading at 30% above list. I'll check out the greys as 30% off today would be hard to turn down

Edit just did a check on C24 and for minters a few months old there's a massive depreciation so it seems normality is resumed! Makes a pre owned buy a necessity I think
    Last edited by ryanb741; 22nd July 2023 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I know before all the madness happened that was de rigeur with the Laureatos but then they started trading at 30% above list. I'll check out the greys as 30% off today would be hard to turn down

Edit just did a check on C24 and for minters a few months old there's a massive depreciation so it seems normality is resumed! Makes a pre owned buy a necessity I think
    Power of Rolex is such that the IG fuelled Rolex hype carried with it everything- the mightier Holy Trinity , other mid level brands and all kinds of Indies like Ming, Kurono Tokyo as well smaller micro brands who all used to sell out their batches.
    Now that Rolex is down everyone is floundering and AP most of all.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Thread is back in business. Bunch of stuff for sale in Mappin Cambridge.

Prices on what's for sale Vs exhibition.

Never thought I would say this but I quite like the 2 tone sub, possibly because I’m bored of the black lot but it keeps catching my eye
    RIAC

Almost nothing in David M Robinson in Liverpool today. Trying to work out if my DateJust expression of interest might lead to a watch I actually want. Having spent some time with a Wimbledon dial 36mm / fluted / Jubilee, I’m really not convinced.

Supply still seems constrained

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    Almost nothing in David M Robinson in Liverpool today. Trying to work out if my DateJust expression of interest might lead to a watch I actually want. Having spent some time with a Wimbledon dial 36mm / fluted / Jubilee, I’m really not convinced.

I think gray prices and so supply will normalise for the vast majority of models. If someone had told you 6 years ago you'd have to beg to get on a list for a DJ, you'd have thought they'd taken leave of their senses.

WF are currently having a "flash sale" of Rolex models they've not managed to shift.

No idea how reliable a guide Watchcharts is for UK prices but ...

https://watchcharts.com/watch_model/...16234/overview
    Last edited by David_D; 23rd July 2023 at 21:19.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

D

I think the Wimbledon is still tough to get.Blue and Green dial would also be tough, but the rest should be relatively attainable within 6-12 months without a relationship.

Indeed, although I’m pretty clear I don’t want one. Wearing my rather old 14270 tonight, and that is a much more compelling watch.

D

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I think gray prices and so supply will normalise for the vast majority of models. If someone had told you 6 years ago you'd have to beg to get on a list for a DJ, you'd have thought they'd taken leave of their senses.

WF are currently having a "flash sale" of Rolex models they've not managed to shift.

No idea how reliable a guide Watchcharts is for UK prices but ...

https://watchcharts.com/watch_model/...16234/overview

I’d respectfully suggest that any Watchfinder “flash sale” removes a proportion of the 10/20% “Watchfinder comedy asking price tax” on used Rolex prices David….

Grand Master
    Look at Skydwellers on watchfinder, they have 43 of which they actually own 13 many discounted to look competitive but actually ask them for a price to buy and see how they react! The last 3.5 years have been a silly session. Normal service now resumes much to the disappointment of some and delight of others. What’s made things appear to be worth more? Lack of availability ? Same watch silly games, I would respectfully encourage people to remember the last 35 years of Rolex sales not the last 3.5
    RIAC

Master
    I’d respectfully suggest that any Watchfinder “flash sale” removes a proportion of the 10/20% “Watchfinder comedy asking price tax” on used Rolex prices David….
    That’s the point. They’re having to dream up ways of trying to reduce prices to sell watches without actually saying the words “we were (are) trying it on”.

Look at Skydwellers on watchfinder, they have 43 of which they actually own 13 many discounted to look competitive but actually ask them for a price to buy and see how they react! The last 3.5 years have been a silly session. Normal service now resumes much to the disappointment of some and delight of others. What’s made things appear to be worth more? Lack of availability ? Same watch silly games, I would respectfully encourage people to remember the last 35 years of Rolex sales not the last 3.5
    Would I be searched out with flaming torches and pitchforks if I said I just don't see the clamour to own a Sky Dweller.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    Would I be searched out with flaming torches and pitchforks if I said I just don't see the clamour to own a Sky Dweller.

Not by me. I have always found that thing hideous.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Not by me. I have always found that thing hideous.
    Ahh, glad it's just not me.

Grand Master

Not at all its individual tastes but some will get emotional if they think their ‘investment’ is being degraded
    RIAC

Ahh, bet you will rediscover its true beauty if AD selects you to have one. Such a nice feeling.

I think they are nice when seen in the metal but they could do with being shrunk by a few mm in diameter

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Ahh, bet you will rediscover its true beauty if AD selects you to have one. Such a nice feeling.
    Err.. no. I think not.

Master
    The Reading Goldsmiths has gold Rolex watches for sale, I think they were sky dweller ones. They reckon datejust and OP will be almost available on the day towards the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    The Reading Goldsmiths has gold Rolex watches for sale, I think they were sky dweller ones. They reckon datejust and OP will be almost available on the day towards the end of the year

Reported production and availability is gaining momentum that’s for sure, coupled with a significant reduction in demand from the prospectors and maybe we can get back to buying what we actually enjoy rather than what makes a few quid and makes us feel special having been ‘chosen’.
    RIAC

Err.. no. I think not.

I was being sarcastic.

Master
    Blog Entries

I went into Goldsmiths and they actually went into the back to check if there were any Ops. There wasn't but the fact they checked without me asking was a bit of a surprise.

Journeyman

Interesting. Wouldn't mind picking up a blue OP when that time comes!

Master
    They said the blue and the green OPs are likely to still be a little trickier to obtain.