closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,050 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Given SC is now in Rolex offloading mode to try and catch the top of the market, you never know, you may actually be soon able to buy a relatively unpopular model from the ADs window soon.

Another 10-20% off each of the Nasdaq, S&P and Dow will seal this trinkets fate.

I had a nice chat with Maria in WoS next to Liverpool Street station and put my name down for an OP36 - they had a datejust 36 and OP 41 to try on (not available to buy). I was offered a drink and we chatted about watches for a bit. A better experience than I expected!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Rolex shop in Geneva airport
    Incredible selection including Steel Daytonas

That reminds me on another thing.
    I was over in Geneva a few weeks ago and was amazed how helpful the staff were in the high end watch shops.
    Never once did you get the feeling it was a chore.
    The PP store is quite a place.
    More information please! I checked and a flight is maybe 150€ from here.. Where they for sale (PP and Rolex)?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    More information please! I checked and a flight is maybe 150€ from here.. Where they for sale (PP and Rolex)?
    Display only in the Rolex shop at the airport or to b.e more specific I heard the lady say to a guy that they were all customers watches.
    Basically not for sale.
    The shops in the centre are fantastic.
    Not sure if any PPs were available as I was only in for a browse

Some great indy vintage stuff too.

LOL

Master
    Take a roll of the dice Martyn, book a flight, get yourself over there and hope there’s a steel Daytona or two languishing in an AD window, calling out for you to chap it up

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Take a roll of the dice Martyn, book a flight, get yourself over there and hope there’s a steel Daytona or two languishing in an AD window, calling out for you to chap it up
    Setting the poor dude up for failure there LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Setting the poor dude up for failure there LOL
    Isn’t that what this whole thread is about these days? Folk posting about seeing watches that are not for sale?

Master
    Reading Goldsmiths...three GMTs, DSSD, bi-Colour SD, sub no-date and Sub date - all "Exhibition Only" Heard the salesperson taking on the phone...."you have to come in and create a relationship with us to be considered for a GMT....."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    "you have to come in and create a relationship with us to be considered for a GMT....."
    That really, really makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Isn’t that what this whole thread is about these days? Folk posting about seeing watches that are not for sale?
    Like "Twitchers".............................

"Great spotted Daytona in Goldsmiths, Bond Street - showing well"

Lame.

Red face

TZ Group Buy/GTG in Geneva?!

Hit the watch shops and hoover up the stock!

Master
    Reading Goldsmiths...three GMTs, DSSD, bi-Colour SD, sub no-date and Sub date - all "Exhibition Only" Heard the salesperson taking on the phone...."you have to come in and create a relationship with us to be considered for a GMT....."
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That’s an understatement. It’s also obviously cobblers. Pretty clear it’s about spending a lot. That’s fine but just say so and stop messing everyone around.

It’s not just uber cringe but also arrogant, we could be on a long slippery slope to recession where the goods they sell are not important to 99% of the country, that leaves a very small percentage that will have funds to create a relationship with..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    It’s not just uber cringe but also arrogant, we could be on a long slippery slope to recession where the goods they sell are not important to 99% of the country, that leaves a very small percentage that will have funds to create a relationship with..
    Indeed, alas I am fed up with the merry dance. Been offered 2 explorers recently, but nothing that I really want and am now a little bored after seeing all the prices increase again.

My ‘watch bonus’ from work went into my pension to avoid the tax - I am that fed up.

Just come back from NYC and the Rolex part of WOS in Hudson Yard was shocking. Every window / display area labelled as display only…but only about 3 watches for display in the entire area. Looked like it had shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Just come back from NYC and the Rolex part of WOS in Hudson Yard was shocking. Every window / display area labelled as display only…but only about 3 watches for display in the entire area. Looked like it had shut down.
    Its got to the point where the big gold Rolex sign in the window is enough to pull people inside, don't need their product in the window anymore!

Fair play to Rolex, they certainly know the strength of branding..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Its got to the point where the big gold Rolex sign in the window is enough to pull people inside, don't need their product in the window anymore!

Fair play to Rolex, they certainly know the strength of branding..
    I think Rolex are well aware they're struggling with production; pulling people in to a store is useless if they don't / can't buy your product.

Covid and factory closures have left them a long way behind the supply curve. Rolex know they look stupid with empty display windows and have openly said it's something they're trying to address.

Equally, I think some other brands should be worried for their lack of sales. Consumers aren't moving to these other brands, they're simply not buying. Right now dealers are full of Speedmasters of every type and spec - and they're not selling. But you can be sure the Omega factory is still pumping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    I think Rolex are well aware they're struggling with production; pulling people in to a store is useless if they don't / can't buy your product.

Covid and factory closures have left them a long way behind the supply curve. Rolex know they look stupid with empty display windows and have openly said it's something they're trying to address.

Equally, I think some other brands should be worried for their lack of sales. Consumers aren't moving to these other brands, they're simply not buying. Right now dealers are full of Speedmasters of every type and spec - and they're not selling. But you can be sure the Omega factory is still pumping them out.
    Does this mean I can get an affordable Speedmaster somewhere soon? I've always wanted to try one

Blog Entries

Blue dial Yachtmaster bought on the spot from AD -- allegedly

From Reddit: "My wife walked in on a Yachmaster blue face at an AD and called me to ask if I wanted it. I said hell yeah so she picked it up for me. I asked some friends about it and they told me it’s considered flashy. I don’t care though because it’s my first one and it’s amazing!"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/rolex/comme...ue_face_at_an/

Doesn't way where. USA presumably, but anywhere in the world is something of an improvement.

Master
    From Reddit: "My wife walked in on a Yachmaster blue face at an AD and called me to ask if I wanted it. I said hell yeah so she picked it up for me. I asked some friends about it and they told me it’s considered flashy. I don’t care though because it’s my first one and it’s amazing!"

Doesn't way where. USA presumably, but anywhere in the world is something of an improvement.

Seem to be a lot of people claiming to have got Rolex watches with minimal wait and little history!

Someone bought a “Tiffany” blue 36mm OP with no history and only 14 month wait. And someone bought an SD43 out of the dealer’s window, allegedly!!

EDIT: There’s pages of it! Either a lot of people lying or explains why no UK supply!
    Last edited by David_D; 28th May 2022 at 18:58.

Master
    We have been led to believe that ADs had no stock to sell as they had sold it all. I.e. They were still getting the same amount of stock in from Rolex but were just selling it before it hit the windows.

Is this AD saying that they are really getting less stock in from Rolex than previously? If so, it seems possible that they are being shut out by Rolex.

Hasn't that always been the case with Rolex? I.e. They send what they want you to have.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding. If they really do terminate their Rolex dealership then you'll know they were telling the truth about restricted supply. If they are still a Rolex AD in, say, six months then it was just marketing.
    I thought I would revisit this post from 6 months ago with an update and say the shop appears to no longer be a Rolex AD so, they were telling the truth. Their website now only lists Grand Seiko, Ball, Oris, Montblanc and Seiko. It looks like Tudor went with Rolex. Shame but understandable perhaps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I thought I would revisit this post from 6 months ago with an update and say the shop appears to no longer be a Rolex AD so, they were telling the truth. Their website now only lists Grand Seiko, Ball, Oris, Montblanc and Seiko. It looks like Tudor went with Rolex. Shame but understandable perhaps.
    Thanks for the update. I'd been wondering what the outcome would be.

So it would seem that they did terminate their Rolex dealership themselves (or perhaps jumped before they were pushed anyway). Good luck to them with their new/remaining brands.

I get the impression that Grand Seiko is becoming something of a post-Rolex staple.

I've never run a jeweller's shop but I would have thought that Omega as well as something more quirky (Nomos? Pequinet? Maurice Lacroix?) would be beneficial in their line up, if they could get it. I'm just thinking about what would attract me as a WIS into the store. ;-)

It’s worse than that. From my experience with one AD, after you have cemented the relationship you need to keep in touch and pop in regularly to show you still have the watch.

Whatever they’re doing it works from an interest perspective though, there are almost endless discussions and topics on this subject or similar.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    It’s worse than that. From my experience with one AD, after you have cemented the relationship you need to keep in touch and pop in regularly to show you still have the watch.
    Absolutely barmy. :-(

I saw a 37mm YM available to buy in a Spanish AD last year October, so some do make it to the window!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    Thanks for the update. I'd been wondering what the outcome would be.

So it would seem that they did terminate their Rolex dealership themselves (or perhaps jumped before they were pushed anyway). Good luck to them with their new/remaining brands.

I get the impression that Grand Seiko is becoming something of a post-Rolex staple.

I've never run a jeweller's shop but I would have thought that Omega as well as something more quirky (Nomos? Pequinet? Maurice Lacroix?) would be beneficial in their line up, if they could get it. I'm just thinking about what would attract me as a WIS into the store. ;-)
    As far as I am aware, they have had Omega and Breitling previously but no longer, not sure why. I think IWC would work well for them and I agree with maybe something like Nomos as well or even Sinn would be very cool, especially at their price point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I think IWC would work well for them and I agree with maybe something like Nomos as well or even Sinn would be very cool, especially at their price point.
    Good ideas.

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Seem to be a lot of people claiming to have got Rolex watches with minimal wait and little history!

Someone bought a “Tiffany†blue 36mm OP with no history and only 14 month wait. And someone bought an SD43 out of the dealer’s window, allegedly!!

EDIT: There’s pages of it! Either a lot of people lying or explains why no UK supply!
    To be fair I bought a palm dial DJ36 on a walk-in last year; it was sitting in the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ddm27; 30th August 2022 at 19:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    To be fair I bought a palm dial DJ36 on a walk-in last year; it was sitting in the case. Although our island was closed to tourists at the time, so that helped!
    Pretty sure I’ve not seen any SS models in windows for 3 years. And that includes ladies DJs!!

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Pretty sure I’ve not seen any SS models in windows for 3 years. And that includes ladies DJs!!
    Crikey. The state of things…

Last edited by ddm27; 29th August 2022 at 13:30.

A full collection available at the jewellers in the hotel I’m staying at in Turkey. Cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    A full collection available at the jewellers in the hotel I’m staying at in Turkey. Cheap too.
    Surely not?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Surely not?

Let's just put it this way, they're not the kind that you'd send off to Rolex for a service

Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Let's just put it this way, they're not the kind that you'd send off to Rolex for a service
    Yep, I was quite surprised to see them blatantly on display in a 5* hotel. There are plenty of people in the pools wearing genuine ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Yep, I was quite surprised to see them blatantly on display in a 5* hotel. There are plenty of people in the pools wearing genuine ones.
    On many levels I am lost for words.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    DMR Manchester has a huge amount of “exhibition only” units to try on and regiseter your interest.

All subs,

GMT BLNR/BLRO

SKYDWELLER

YACHTMASTER S/s and gold

Airking

Milgauss

OP all sizes

Various DJ

DSSD

Sdweller 43

Explorer and exp 2

At the very least you can have a look and a play

Master
    WoS today Brent Cross - 4 windows of watches, all exhibition only. Felt like asking if they sell watches or just look at them. If you’re after a Rolex - good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    WoS today Brent Cross - 4 windows of watches, all exhibition only. Felt like asking if they sell watches or just look at them. If you’re after a Rolex - good luck.
    Plenty for sale they are just not in the windows!

Master
    Loads of exhibition only watches at Mappin & Webb in Bluewater.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    DMR Manchester has a huge amount of “exhibition only” units to try on and regiseter your interest.

At the very least you can have a look and a play
    “Very least” sums it up! I reckon there’s little point in even looking. If you do ever get to the top of “the list”, it’ll probably be the next model/iteration - or the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Their allocations will go to preferred clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Their allocations will go to preferred clients.
    To their mates or those who spend enough where the commission exceeds the gain from selling to their mates

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    Or what!?

Are they going to come round to your house and take it back?

Worse then that... they'll cross your name off the list!

Best watch brand in the world.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

It won’t be long now until those exhibition models are offered for sale the way the market is tanking.

I'm on a list for a white Daytona and was on the list for a Milgauss. 3 days ago I popped into the AD and asked to change the Milgauss list for a ND Sub. I was quoted a year or more (background is having spend of £42k in the last 12 months at the AD and its various chains - WOS group).

They called yesterday and offered the Sub however as I'd just bought a Zenith and pre ordered a new Grand Seiko my funds are depleted so I turned it down and asked for one in 6 months or so

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm on a list for a white Daytona and was on the list for a Milgauss. 3 days ago I popped into the AD and asked to change the Milgauss list for a ND Sub. I was quoted a year or more (background is having spend of £42k in the last 12 months at the AD and its various chains - WOS group).

They called yesterday and offered the Sub however as I'd just bought a Zenith and pre ordered a new Grand Seiko my funds are depleted so I turned it down and asked for one in 6 months or so
    There are certainly coming through from the AD’s with like to no effort. I understand from the SA many people who have been on lists are now passing.

I have received 2 watches over the last week both from an AD with no prior spend history.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    There are certainly coming through from the AD’s with like to no effort. I understand from the SA many people who have been on lists are now passing.

I have received 2 watches over the last week both from an AD with no prior spend history.

Were they Rolex? I’ve been on a list for nearly two years for a CHNR with an AD I’ve bought several watches from. If it’s possible to actually buy watches from ADs with no history I’ll give a different AD a try!