closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Nice work Kippax. Some of these watches are becoming completely unobtainable. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

As said above there will be many who disagree with your strategy but actually those who are brave enough to do it may end up better off eventually as prices may still increase further!

Look forward to the wrist shots.

Well done Wes.
    I agree with many of the recent comments, about availability and the fact that dealers are now having to fill their cabinet with "Dummy" watches.
    I have spent God knows how much money at my AD, and like others waiting for a S/S Sub date to arrive, but it will be at least 3 years!
    If I buy one now via the grey market at say £11,000 in three years time the MRSP will probably be closer to that anyway.
    So why wait?
    However, I am now looking to acquire one of the older 5 digit Subs or maybe 168000.
    Wes, wear it in the knowledge of not waiting for your AD, to give you look down on you and give you the opportunity of getting one in many years time. LOL

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think that’s a good point on RRP creep.

Unsure if anyone has any resource on this but RRPs have more than doubled in the last 10ish years, so if you can afford it and really want one why not. YOLO.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I had to book appointments with Laings (Argyle Arcade) to drop off & collect a couple of repairs. Laings have a standalone area for service & repair drop-offs/collections which is upstairs, away from the main retail area.

Initially, appointments were required because there was no permitted walk-in access to the shop. When that was permitted, it was to allow for cleaning etc. between clients. Then, I was told it was because of reduced staffing due to absences because of Covid.

All completely bogus reasons when the Security guard won't let too many into the shop in the first place. Laings have disappeared up their own fundament.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    All completely bogus reasons when the Security guard won't let too many into the shop in the first place. Laings have disappeared up their own fundament.
    Yeh COVID has definitely affected them…..

Spoke to the AD earlier to ask about something else and they mentioned they have exhibition pieces in.

Gives me a reason to go down there and l try on some nice watches, see what fits, what I want to try to on a list for. I'm all for it but can see the continued frustration with lack of supply.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 14th September 2021 at 18:38.

Smile

Prestons in Guildford after a Rolex delivery;

Is that their old site? 🤔

Master

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Goldsmiths in Reading getting a huge makeover, big new Rolex room and also stocking Hublot too.

Lots of sports watches in the window as examples to try on, but not for sale. Tried on the SD43 that I was yet to see in the flesh.

Angry that I liked it and put my name down for one. I was meant to be done buying jewellery.

ETA…although they still have to sell me one!

Was interesting to try it on & the chat about lists etc. My wife walked in towards the end & asked what number I was on the list, very amusing to watch her genuinely ask questions on availability, timings and how lists work
    Last edited by Mj2k; 15th September 2021 at 18:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Is that their old site? 🤔

Yes, the new one opposite is in the reflection mate…..

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Goldsmiths in Reading getting a huge makeover, big new Rolex room and also stocking Hublot too.

Lots of sports watches in the window as examples to try on, but not for sale. Tried on the SD43 that I was yet to see in the flesh.

Angry that I liked it and put my name down for one. I was meant to be done buying jewellery.

ETA…although they still have to sell me one!

Was interesting to try it on & the chat about lists etc. My wife walked in towards the end & asked what number I was on the list, very amusing to watch her genuinely ask questions on availability, timings and how lists work
    I was going to call them tomorrow to find out about the exhibition watches. Do you happen to remember if they had an Explorer 1 in?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbit View Post
    I was going to call them tomorrow to find out about the exhibition watches. Do you happen to remember if they had an Explorer 1 in?
    I’m afraid I did not see it & would be surprised if they did - I talked about being on the list for a 36mm & still not seen one; would have expected her to have got it out if it was there.

They now have security on the door too, which might have been due to stock being in windows again / their temporary location.

Good luck with getting yours! They only seem to have tracked the last few purchases on the system / when they started it, so I’ve only got 2 Tudors and a Master of G on my record.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I’m afraid I did not see it & would be surprised if they did - I talked about being on the list for a 36mm & still not seen one; would have expected her to have got it out if it was there.

They now have security on the door too, which might have been due to stock being in windows again / their temporary location.

Good luck with getting yours! They only seem to have tracked the last few purchases on the system / when they started it, so I’ve only got 2 Tudors and a Master of G on my record.
    I visited around 6 weeks ago to put my name down for the Explorer, the SA Emma seemed to think the watch wasn’t really in high demand in the Reading store so fingers crossed. I have limited buying history too, she didn’t see that as a problem, at least not as much as it would be for a Gmt for example.

Good luck getting yours too! It’s going to finish off my small collection hopefully 🙏

There is nothing of note you can buy in any AD window, anywhere.

Rinse and repeat for the next 1000 posts.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 16th September 2021 at 16:05. Reason: damn autocorrect!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbit View Post
    I visited around 6 weeks ago to put my name down for the Explorer, the SA Emma seemed to think the watch wasn’t really in high demand in the Reading store so fingers crossed. I have limited buying history too, she didn’t see that as a problem, at least not as much as it would be for a Gmt for example.

Good luck getting yours too! It’s going to finish off my small collection hopefully 
    Pretty much my exact situation, though a little longer than 6 weeks, so that is reassuring. If there is any truth in it though, we’ll have to wait and see! Can’t remember the name of the SA I spoke to there, but she was very helpful. Good luck!

Master
    As has been said 1 million times, no watches in windows, sometimes a few display only watches. Really off putting.

I went into Goldsmiths earlier this year to buy a DayDate and they wouldn't even put me on a waiting list. No interest in selling me a watch which wasn't a DateJust.

Time for me to buy from other brands.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    Pretty much my exact situation, though a little longer than 6 weeks, so that is reassuring. If there is any truth in it though, we’ll have to wait and see! Can’t remember the name of the SA I spoke to there, but she was very helpful. Good luck!
    Could just buy a Patek from your AD, I bet then they'd find you the 36mm Explorer more quickly ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post

I went into Goldsmiths earlier this year to buy a DayDate and they wouldn't even put me on a waiting list. No interest in selling me a watch which wasn't a DateJust.
    I’m surprised they wouldn’t even put you on a list for a Day-Date. I didn’t realise things were that bad for PM models!

Master
    Just when you think things can’t get any more crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Well I’ve gone and done it and purchased a GMT Pepsi at a grey.

Couldn’t be arsed with hoops I had to jump through after spending a small fortune with them and they still laughed at me when I suggested could I have a Pepsi.

I’ve paid double over list. Yes some will call me a fool however I have always wanted one so I’m picking up next week. Can’t wait for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. I picked up the new Kermit as well.

Master
    As has been said 1 million times, no watches in windows, sometimes a few display only watches. Really off putting.

I went past goldsmiths in nots today and they had every hard to get model in a large window display till I looked closer and every one had display model only, don’t know if these are the real things or dummy watches but they looked just like the real thing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    There is nothing of note you can buy in any AD window, anywhere.

Rinse and repeat for the next 1000 posts.
    There's absolutely plenty where I am. Pretty much every DJ configuration in 36 and 41 (SS as well as TT), YG sports models, the RG Yachtmaster, a few Sky Dwellers, etc.

Master

I felt the same way about Rolex until I recently moved away from the UK. I think the horrible experience you all have is partly due to the UK scene.

Let me know what configuration you're after and I'll let you know if I see one here - I've seen a few DDs in the window recently (WG blue, YG champagne, RG chocolate, YG white).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I went past goldsmiths in nots today and they had every hard to get model in a large window display till I looked closer and every one had display model only, don’t know if these are the real things or dummy watches but they looked just like the real thing
    They're real watches, just without a working movement.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    They're real, with real movements.

WoS Broadgate had all of their window models running and were letting people try them on. 100% real, just no supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???

Closer to ten years unless you're spending over 100k in jewellery and watches with the ASD per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyjohn View Post
    Closer to ten years unless you're spending over 100k in jewellery and watches with the ASD per year.
    He's awake again

Master
    Blue 31mm date just at DMR Canary Wharf

no stainless steel sports models even on exhibition around Canary Wharf

https://www.rolex.com/watches/config...-0017/discover

Goldsmiths at the Oracle, Reading:

Not sure if they're actually for sale though.
    Last edited by DMC102; 1st October 2021 at 17:03.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post

I think the sign in the bottom right of the 2nd picture tells you everything you need to know

Master
    I have seen a few exhibition windows now. The funny thing is that even the exhibition pieces are limited. Haven’t see an LV or Daytona or even a GMT. SD and date justs seem to be out there.

At least this thread remains useful everyone now knows where to go to try on a JC SD!

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    I think the sign in the bottom right of the 2nd picture tells you everything you need to know

Plus they are all set to the exact same time too.......

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I have seen a few exhibition windows now. The funny thing is that even the exhibition pieces are limited. Haven’t see an LV or Daytona or even a GMT. SD and date justs seem to be out there.

At least this thread remains useful everyone now knows where to go to try on a JC SD!
    Exhibitions I’ve seen include the small OP ( green face), the root beer, sea dweller, DJ41, sub and Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post

Exactly, although that was quite a long way away from the SDs.

I didn't have time to go in and enquire but I think it's pretty unlikely that they're actual stock

Exactly, although that was quite a long way away from the SDs.

I didn't have time to go in and enquire but I think it's pretty unlikely that they're actual stock
    The lack of price is also a sign.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I have seen a few exhibition windows now.
    Genuinely, what is the point?! Generating interest in a product they have no intention of creating supply for. Most of us who have an interest in watches/Rolex know what a Rolex looks like - and we can’t get one either!

Free advertising for WF, I suppose.
    Last edited by David_D; 1st October 2021 at 19:38.

They had a few exhibition watches in Nottingham Goldsmiths last week too. TT Sub, rootbeer 18K, a few others I can’t recall. I’d love to get the 36mm Explorer 1 in steel but not really interested in any of the others. I’m just about ready to give up on the Explorer 1 now too - pay c.£8k or go without.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Genuinely, what is the point?! Generating interest in a product they have no intention of creating supply for. Most of us who have an interest in watches/Rolex know what a Rolex looks like - and we can’t get one either!

Lets you try them on at least.

Of course they’re not for sale LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Plus they are all set to the exact same time too.......
    You mean the actual time the pic was likely taken…

They are clearly working models, that were set and put in the window. Albeit as the date is wrong they were set on a previous day.

Non working demonstration models that ADs have for customers to try on at events, e.g. like the ones that some ADs used to host after Baselworld, are all fixed at 10:10:31, with date of the 28th.

These “demonstration” models will end up being sold to customers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Lets you try them on at least.
    Your wrist will have changed beyond recognition by the time the call comes!

Your wrist will have changed beyond recognition by the time the call comes!
    Yes please Mr AD, I'll need a few extra links removed...

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Haha. That’s funny!!

It’s frustrating, I’ve been looking for a watch for my wife’s 40th. She likes the DJ and wants to try a few on, it’s made in a range of sizes, bezel and bracelet options and dial colours. But the best most ADs can do is show you one or two examples then they get the iPad out.

That’s next to useless, we can view the Rolex website at home on an iPad, what we want to see is how the actual item looks and feels. ADs want stock too, empty display cabinets are not worth paying rent and rates for. So they’re ordering what models they can, keeping them on display for a short while before offering them up to ‘the next on the waiting list’ or whomever they feel worthy.

But I also believe Rolex as a company are making as many watches as they’re geared up to make, and demand is simply outstripping supply. And for this I think social media is a major driving factor.

Watches are available though, if you try hard. I’ve a 2021 Submariner and after a successful trip to Whitby this week we found the latest model DJ in the configuration she wanted. Neither watch was bought over RRP.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    ADs want stock too, empty display cabinets are not worth paying rent and rates for. So they’re ordering what models they can, keeping them on display for a short while before offering them up to ‘the next on the waiting list’ or whomever they feel worthy.
    ADs can sell anything Rolex now with no discounts, I guess, so the rent and rates will be taken care of!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Watches are available though, if you try hard. I’ve a 2021 Submariner and after a successful trip to Whitby this week we found the latest model DJ in the configuration she wanted. Neither watch was bought over RRP.
    You presumably got the Submariner new from an AD then? Not really sure what you mean about trying hard. You either have access via an AD as a big spending and/or very longstanding customer or pay over list at a grey dealer. There isn’t a third way, is there?
    Last edited by David_D; 2nd October 2021 at 13:18.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Of course they’re not for sale LOL
    I all so went to GS Reading today You missed all the subs and GMT’s and daytona in the case inside. But nothing for sale not even a 28mm TT date just with diamonds 😆😆😆

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    The lack of price is also a sign.

On the exhibition displays I’ve seen the prices have been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    On the exhibition displays I’ve seen the prices have been shown.
    Me too, no consistency

Cameron and TT Daytona in Kingston both for sale not display only.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Cameron and TT Daytona in Kingston both for sale not display only.
    I’d be straight in for the James Cameron if I could free some funds up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk