closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    ND Sub in the Royal Exchange WoS window too, and a Black Bay Dark in the Fraser Hart up by St Paul's (can't remember the name of that shopping mall. 1 Exchange Place?)
    Surprised that branch has a sub!

ND Sub in Fraser Hart Kingston yesterday

Banned
    No dates subs seem to be available everywhere now, Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre have one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi46vr View Post
    No dates subs seem to be available everywhere now, Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre have one
    £5450.00 is the MSRP right? what do we think of this price?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Master
    Starting to feel a bit toppy for a no date watch given what the competition is offering.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Starting to feel a bit toppy for a no date watch given what the competition is offering.
    Out of interest what would you prefer to a ND Sub for similar money?

Craftsman
    Gotta say, other than the hulk of which there's been a single sighting only, the ND is my favourite sub. I can't think of any stand out alternatives so am interested in the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 x Sea-Dweller DS
    1 x SD4000

Michael Jones Jewellers in Banbury yesterday.
    A few DJ models and a previous gen Explorer 1, (can't recall the model ID, but you know the one), as well.
    No other sports models.

Journeyman
    Laings in argyle arcade Glasgow had every steel rolex except hulk batman Daytona and blue deep sea had loads in WOS had loads too including a pre owned hulk
    Last edited by Gmtmastertwo; 16th December 2016 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Out of interest what would you prefer to a ND Sub for similar money?
    In and around this segment I would prefer;

Omega SM300

Planet Ocean competes with the Sub in this segment but I would probably go with the Sub

You could get a pre-owned BP 50 fathoms for this money which would blow the Sub out of the water IMHO

But once the Sub is available at Heathrow again (and it will be soon) then at £4.5k it's a good buy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    In and around this segment I would prefer;

Omega SM300

Planet Ocean competes with the Sub in this segment but I would probably go with the Sub

You could get a pre-owned BP 50 fathoms for this money which would blow the Sub out of the water IMHO

But once the Sub is available at Heathrow again (and it will be soon) then at £4.5k it's a good buy
    Yep saw the ND Sub at Terminal 4 Heathrow last month, so should have bought it!!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmtmastertwo View Post
    Laings in argyle arcade Glasgow had every steel rolex except hulk batman Daytona and blue deep sea had loads in WOS had loads too including a pre owned hulk
    Do you know how much the hulk sub was?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

I just rang them said they have a new one and they don't sell pretty owned watches

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    I just rang them said they have a new one and they don't sell pretty owned watches
    Sound mate

Might be worth a shout at RRP then. Did you take it?

Blog Entries
    No I have one
    Friend wanted a pre owned one

Journeyman
    No I have one
    How much a saving would that be to your friend? Are pre owned now quite a lot less than new following price rise ?

Craftsman
    I actually think the ND Sub is probably the best value for money in the SS Rolex range. It is the same as the SubC bar the date, especially the great bracelet with glidelock, the maxi case, maxi dial, and ceramic insert. And I think it looks much nicer without the cyclops. The SubC Date is £800 more expensive and the GMTc is similar. Both offer not important complications for the extra money.

And more importantly it is the closest to the original one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dabear View Post
    I actually think the ND Sub is probably the best value for money in the SS Rolex range. It is the same as the SubC bar the date, especially the great bracelet with glidelock, the maxi case, maxi dial, and ceramic insert. And I think it looks much nicer without the cyclops. The SubC Date is £800 more expensive and the GMTc is similar. Both offer not important complications for the extra money.

100% agree on that. When you compare the sub to datejusts / basic green hand GMTs etc I think it's great value (if you can call a 5k watch value)

Master

When you're middle aged and can't retain the date for any more than 10 seconds it is a very important complication.
    Dates a must for me when its a daily watch.I agree the ND Sub is aesthetically a bit better.

No I have one
    Pretty sure that there was a used Hulk in the window at Jopsons in Carlisle the other day. Don't remember the price.

Journeyman

Lol yes tried it on 2013 model and they was asking £8000 almost fell over when I seen the price

Journeyman
    They do it was 2013 and just back from full Rolex service had it on my wrist and still could tel it was pre owned even after full service. Unless it wasn't WOS I came out on laings and went right and it was the 1st or 2nd shop as you go round the corner. Small shop with 3 little tables inside.
    Last edited by Gmtmastertwo; 16th December 2016 at 23:18.

Craftsman
    They do it was 2013 and just back from full Rolex service had it on my wrist and still could tel it was pre owned even after full service. Unless it wasn't WOS I came out on laings and went right and it was the 1st or 2nd shop as you go round the corner. Small shop with 3 little tables inside.
    I know where you mean. Not WOS now as that is at the top of Buchanan street. Would you believe that 8k watch was sitting in their window at 6k just two months ago

It used to be WoS second hand store but changed after not very long. Everything they stock is way overpriced like that LV. Just last week they had an old Explorer II with a polished centre link bracelet.

Journeyman
    I know where you mean. Not WOS now as that is at the top of Buchanan street. Would you believe that 8k watch was sitting in their window at 6k just two months ago

Yea crazy price seen one down England last week for £6200 only 6 months old that's why I wanted to try it on. Didn't like it on don't know what it is about the subs just always feel as if I would rather a sea dweller. Had a pre ceramic one years ago and always liked it.

Craftsman
    The SubC Date is £800 more expensive and the GMTc is similar. Both offer not important complications for the extra money.
    'Not important complications' are you serious? The GMT complication is a piece of genius and for £800 extra amazing value.

Master
    The watch shop on the side of the royal exchange had a 2016 Airking in the window for £4400. (Not WOS)

The unified Rolex in the window thread

I came onto this thread to post that too, just visited Laings Glasgow this morning. Got myself to the top of the BLNR list too (which surprised me), the several waiting lists I added my name to 6 months ago were obviously a complete waste of time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    I'd be careful trying to help members, it will get you banned from buying Rolex.

Only if hatsan14 reads the post!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
    'Not important complications' are you serious? The GMT complication is a piece of genius and for £800 extra amazing value.
    I agree, I was exagerating a little. The GMT complication is phenomenal. However whenever I travel, I always have a G-Shock in my bag which I use to set my mechanical watch. Doesn't take much time, and I do it during the flight. And if I want to see several timezones at once, which is rare, I just pull my smartphone.

So at the end I would prefer the better bracelet, the 60min bezel, and the 300m water resistance of the SubND.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rgwarden View Post
    +1 I agree completely.

Just a heads up, R L Austen in Chichester had a SS Sub, the tt blue Sub, GMT, both face colour Explorer IIs in addition to standard other non-desirable models (tt Daytona, choc Daytona, ice blue Daytona, rg yacht-master, green milgauss etc).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Last one I will post unless it's a rare model, however there is a SS sub date in the window of deacons Swindon. Both TT variety too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I came onto this thread to post that too, just visited Laings Glasgow this morning. Got myself to the top of the BLNR list too (which surprised me), the several waiting lists I added my name to 6 months ago were obviously a complete waste of time.
    The sub ND is still in the window. Looks like things are heading back to normal which is good news for everyone

Re: other non-desirable models

I would call those 'less sought after' because there are quite a few of those most people would love to own.

BTW,I think this thread is now pointless unless one spots a D-Blue or a BLNR or a Daisy or a Robin at list price in the window.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post

BTW,I think this thread is now pointless unless one spots a D-Blue or a BLNR or a Daisy or a Robin at list price in the window.
    +1 the drought is over.

Any LV Subs around ? (Not 2nd hand)

Master
    Blog Entries

I would call those 'less sought after' because there are quite a few of those most people would love to own.

What's a daisy or a robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    What's a daisy or a robin?
    Daisy - white dial Ceramic Daytona

Robin - black dial Ceramic Daytona

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Learn something new every day, cheers fella.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Any LV Subs around ? (Not 2nd hand)
    This is what I am after. Any new LV subs in the window ?

Craftsman
    Bizarre in watches of Switzerland in Glasgow. They don't do second hand but they had a steel Daytona (old version with the steel bezel) in the window - with no price ticket

Master
    Anyone on waiting lists will also find themselves shooting towards the top, after my recent hell with goldsmiths I had a call stating that a blnr was available at another store(I'm not naming names etc) people are just not willing to pay the increase in prices and I'm not willing to ever purchase another Rolex.

Anyone on waiting lists will also find themselves shooting towards the top, after my recent hell with goldsmiths I had a call stating that a blnr was available at another store(I'm not naming names etc) people are just not willing to pay the increase in prices and I'm not willing to ever purchase another Rolex.

A few AD's no longer have a wait list on the BLNR I've had a couple of calls but they do get snapped up pretty sharpish as more busy area AD do still have an extensive list but this in turn will reduce that.

Only one I'm struggling me with the black Daytona (not fussed about the D-Blue)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    A few AD's no longer have a wait list on the BLNR I've had a couple of calls but they do get snapped up pretty sharpish as more busy area AD do still have an extensive list but this in turn will reduce that.

Only one I'm struggling me with the black Daytona (not fussed about the D-Blue)
    I do like the white ceramic Daytona but I'm just not pursuing out of principal. The blnr is a good looking thing too.

Master

Completely agree.

I do like the white ceramic Daytona but I'm just not pursuing out of principal. The blnr is a good looking thing too.

Done with GS or Rolex as a whole?

From what I read Sub ND's are everywhere, there is one in Micheal Spiers in Exeters window this afternoon if any one is intrested.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Done with GS or Rolex as a whole?
    Just Rolex as a whole mate ATM, just think the brand is devaluating itself weather it be through its ADs or through the way it distributes it pieces, the discussions will continue and debates a plenty, been thinking about a change for a while now but feel like I need to offload my rolexes to validate my disgust with the rubbish that was pushed my way, I love the feel of the deep sea and the fit of the Daytona, just don't know what to do............