closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,400 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Yes agreed.

From my experience dealer buy watches in at approximately 20-30% of the price they are then retailed at unless it’s very new release which seems to be around 15%.

My point was these “in demand” watches all seem to be sitting in dealers at there over inflated prices not selling over the past 6 months or so, hence me thinking the market is shifting and due a correction. The dealers who seem to shift the watches are the ones who have them for sale at a reasonable price.

Just my opinion of cause.
    I recently bought a new sub been offered £3k over list and waiting on a platinum Daytona which retails at £60500 and have been offered £85k if it turns up from the trade. (Not for sale). All this within the last couple of weeks. Can’t see a downturn myself anytime soon. I called a correction a year ago as I couldn’t see how the market could keep rising but it has. And everything hot is selling. Albeit most pieces are touted as “investment” pieces. Green dial 5711 is circa £280k plus. For a steel watch. No, no price corrections here..

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post

What sort of Photoshop magic is this?
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

An AD December 31st 2013. Couldn’t decide on a BLNR or a hulk so I took a photo to ponder over lunch. Went BLNR. Discount of 4% at the time as well. If only I’d known eh I’d have had the lot :-)

A true 'blast from the past'; reminds me of yesteryear, when I walked into an AD, tried on a Date Sub, and the Kermit, only to realise the Kermit looked disgusting. I walked out of the AD with a Date Sub and Speedy, having spent just under £5k on my card.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I recently bought a new sub been offered £3k over list and waiting on a platinum Daytona which retails at £60500 and have been offered £85k if it turns up from the trade. (Not for sale). All this within the last couple of weeks. Can’t see a downturn myself anytime soon. I called a correction a year ago as I couldn’t see how the market could keep rising but it has. And everything hot is selling. Albeit most pieces are touted as “investment” pieces. Green dial 5711 is circa £280k plus. For a steel watch. No, no price corrections here..
    Staggering potential profits there. I can only see Rolex become increasingly a niche product for the very well off. Which will suit Rolex down to the ground. It's all a far cry from their early days when, yes, they were still a relatively expensive item - but they were attainable for the average person with a half-decent job. And they were still 'just' a watch to be worn and used.

But they are not just watches anymore. They transcended that 'level' a good while back.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    What sort of Photoshop magic is this?
    That’s how windows looked not so long ago.

Craftsman
    Most of the premium brands are the same now. When I bought my AP from Rox in Glasgow, there were maybe a dozen watches in the window, plenty of RO Chrono full gold, or with leather strap…now, the odd ROO if you’re lucky

There’s actually a better selection of PP in Laing’s next door, which is nuts when you consider how elusive PP is in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Staggering potential profits there. I can only see Rolex become increasingly a niche product for the very well off. Which will suit Rolex down to the ground. It's all a far cry from their early days when, yes, they were still a relatively expensive item - but they were attainable for the average person with a half-decent job. And they were still 'just' a watch to be worn and used.

But they are not just watches anymore. They transcended that 'level' a good while back.
    Agree 100%
    There is a gradual reduction in the number of AD’s
    Few AD’s voluntarily relinquish their status
    When Rolex recently demanded an expensive store refit, AD’s local to me all complied.
    The crown brings so much footfall, despite the onerous demands.
    Too many people at present will buy into the ‘relationship building’

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yacht Master 11 in the window of Lunns Jewellers, Victoria centre, Belfast (stainless Steel & blue) if anyone's interested?

M

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Yacht Master 11 in the window of Lunns Jewellers, Victoria centre, Belfast (stainless Steel & blue) if anyone's interested?

M
    Assuming that's at normal retail should be a good catch.

In Alicante for a long weekend, spied a hulk, Kermit, deep sea, sub and gnt in a shop window along with a bunch of djs, went in to have a look and there was a young Spanish guy trying very hard to get a discount for taking the hulk, Kermit and deep sea all together, he didn’t get it and left, asked how much for hulk, €17650, I left

Master
    Blog Entries
    That price is about what most are listed for, seems fine from a dealer presumably with some kind of warranty.
    Not saying it's good value of course, but it is market value.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m sure along the beach you’ll find all of those at a cheaper price :D

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    In Alicante for a long weekend, spied a hulk, Kermit, deep sea, sub and gnt in a shop window along with a bunch of djs, went in to have a look and there was a young Spanish guy trying very hard to get a discount for taking the hulk, Kermit and deep sea all together, he didn’t get it and left, asked how much for hulk, €17650, I left

Kingston Mappin & Webb today

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Looks very lonely there

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Looks very lonely there
    I've been to 3 Rolex AD recently, none of them had more than 3 watches in the window. One AD only had one in the window and 3 inside. Indeed all had more in the "pre-owned" section than new-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    I've been to 3 Rolex AD recently, none of them had more than 3 watches in the window. One AD only had one in the window and 3 inside. Indeed all had more in the "pre-owned" section than new-for-sale
    The Unified No Rolex in the window is a separate thread:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    The Unified No Rolex in the window is a separate thread:-)
    Much busier than this thread no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Much busier than this thread no doubt!
    Not sure about busy but free flowing wine aplenty there:-)

Craftsman
    Two tone 36mm Explorer in the window of Charles Fox, Bournemouth

Still there this morning

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Still there this morning
    Sign of the times to come…

Not really, it’s a TT SD, they do hang around.

Silver dial Yachtmaster 40mm in Goldsmiths Merry Hill today (and both black and blue BB58).

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Not really, it’s a TT SD, they do hang around.
    Well the fact I have seen 2 OP41’s in an AD window last week plus a Airking at a different AD would suggest otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Silver dial Yachtmaster 40mm in Goldsmiths Merry Hill today (and both black and blue BB58).
    If that was definitely the 40 and not the 37 that's very good.
    Well the fact I have seen 2 OP41’s in an AD window last week plus a Airking at a different AD would suggest otherwise!
    The sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    If that was definitely the 40 and not the 37 that's very good. The sky is falling.
    Sorry, good skills that man. It is a 37mm. I chrlecked whilst I had my new Speedy sized.

Master
    You should have shared that on this thread as it may have helped out a member here.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Still there this morning
    Can’t say I’m surprised with that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have shared that on this thread as it may have helped out a member here.
    Normally I would have but I had more important things going on at the time.

I don’t think any of these models are difficult to get though should people do a bit of phoning around.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Normally I would have but I had more important things going on at the time.

I don’t think any of these models are difficult to get though should people do a bit of phoning around.
    Not my experience tbh - from what i can see any all-steel Rolex is tricky to obtain via an AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Not my experience tbh - from what i can see any all-steel Rolex is tricky to obtain via an AD.
    I agree the steel professional range is more difficult to obtain without any spend history, however the OP’s or Airking have always been fairly easy to find with a bit of effort and even more so recently.

While people keeping buying into the hype and believing these watches are rare or hard to get they will continue to sell over RRP.

You have been expressing doom and gloom for Rolex prices and saying the bubble will burst for quite a few years now, one day you may be right..

Master
    Blog Entries
    The OPs are now on quite a list since the new dials dropped. I couldn’t get a 31 anywhere.

Kind of glad really as the date just is mist nicer with fluted bezel and jubilee.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    You have been expressing doom and gloom for Rolex prices and saying the bubble will burst for quite a few years now, one day you may be right..
    I am not spreading any doom & gloom. I was just saying there were a few steel Rolex watches in an AD window recently so they are clearly not that difficult to obtain.

It makes absolutely no difference to me if the bubble bursts or not but anyone who buys into paying over retail for these easy to obtain models must be crazy in my opinion.

I am sure with the number of covert dealers on the forum they will be happy while the hype continues.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 17th August 2021 at 15:11.

I don’t think so. It is not a popular watch. I was offered this for about £11k on a walk in to Robinsons in Liverpool a couple of years ago. I declined.

I agree the steel professional range is more difficult to obtain without any spend history, however the OP’s or Airking have always been fairly easy to find with a bit of effort and even more so recently.

While people keeping buying into the hype and believing these watches are rare or hard to get they will continue to sell over RRP.

I think you will find that the Oyster Perpetuals are not part of the Steel Professional range from Rolex.

And I'd agree that an Air King isn't a difficult watch to buy with some luck/leg work but the rest of the Professional range (in PM or S/S) are absolutely in very scare supply and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I don’t think so. It is not a popular watch. I was offered this for about £11k on a walk in to Robinsons in Liverpool a couple of years ago. I declined.

It's actually a much nicer watch in person than on-line but it does seem unloved amoung Rolex "fans", much like the new TT Explorer I guess.....

If they offered it in an Everose/Steel version I'd certainly buy one for my collection of daily wear pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    It's actually a much nicer watch in person than on-line but it does seem unloved amoung Rolex "fans", much like the new TT Explorer I guess.....

If they offered it in an Everose/Steel version I'd certainly buy one for my collection of daily wear pieces.
    There will probably come a time when we will all look back on these words and wish we bought one at this price, happened so many times in the past..

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    There will probably come a time when we will all look back on these words and wish we bought one at this price, happened so many times in the past..
    But not with TT, the only exception being the rootbeer GMT.

Agreed, and in the spirit of the forum.

Question

Which specific AD was this (OP41 x 2) please?

Which colours too pls

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Retracted.
    Last edited by Gavbaz; 18th August 2021 at 04:17. Reason: Forgetting this is watch talk

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Agreed, and in the spirit of the forum.
    More specifically - the reason for the thread.

Craftsman
    TBH im confused on what is and isn't in short supply.
    I was in my local AD in Cambridge the other month chatting in general and the sales girl got out a new 41mm DJ from out of the window display. I did really like it and with the Mrs saying yes I bought it.
    I got the usual " it's the only one we have got , cancelled order " story but was in the window ??
    Regardless as said I bought and as now out of my work life my daily wearer but its honestly very confusing what is classed as ' in short supply '

Master
    Blog Entries
    There was a two tone YMII in the window at Mallorys in Bath yesterday

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I was in Exeter this morning and MS has the grand total of 3 watches in the window, and it’s a large Rolex window too. 2 ladies and one gents both bi-metal something or other.

It looked a very sad state of affairs.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    I was in Exeter this morning and MS has the grand total of 3 watches in the window, and it’s a large Rolex window too. 2 ladies and one gents both bi-metal something or other.

All in the safe chap for the VIP’s!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

I really don't understand why any store would leave it's window empty. Where's all the Cellini's and other stuff that doesn't sell well? It's like they don't want any passing trade at all...

I really don't understand why any store would leave it's window empty. Where's all the Cellini's and other stuff that doesn't sell well? It's like they don't want any passing trade at all...
    To maintain the illusion of course…