closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Ceramic Seadweller and both sizes of the yacht master rose gold with the black rubber straps in Goldsmiths Liverpool One.

Master
    Not quite Rolex but I didn't want to start a new thread.

Tudor bronze bay in WoS in T5.

Looks like Rolex have also forced them not to offer the VAT equivalent discount if the buyer isn't flying outwith the EU.

I don't think Rolex are actually in charge of VAT...

Master
    No, they're not (yet) but they can stop watch sellers at airports giving discounts equal to the VAT element to travellers not going outwith the EU, which is exactly what they did about 2 or 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    No, they're not (yet) but they can stop watch sellers at airports giving discounts equal to the VAT element to travellers not going outwith the EU, which is exactly what they did about 2 or 3 years ago.
    Ridiculous, control freaks!

Master
    Because they can!

Just like buses.. I put a deposit down for a Hulk to collect from Torquay this weekend and Mallory's in Bath have just called to say a Sub Date C 116610LN has come in and do I still want it? Well I don't, so before I ring them back to say no thank you, does anyone here want it? RRP obviously
    Last edited by Matt.D; 30th November 2016 at 10:55. Reason: I missed a 1 out :o

A hat trick of Daytonas in my local AD window

Out for a walk at lunch time and lo and behold as if by magic, the Rolex AD in Belfast has magically found all of that stock that they'd lost before the price increase!!

A trio of Daytonas top it all off.......

Can't get Flickr to wake up this lunch time but will upload a phone pic soon as I can. Surely a rare enough sight in an AD window?.....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Out for a walk at lunch time and lo and behold as if by magic, the Rolex AD in Belfast has magically found all of that stock that they'd lost before the price increase!!

Can't get Flickr to wake up this lunch time but will upload a phone pic soon as I can. Surely a rare enough sight in an AD window?.....
    Presume it's not ceramic daytonas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Presume it's not ceramic daytonas

Honestly... and excuse my Rolex ignorance... but I don't know.

1. Light blue burst dial with what looked like a chocolate brown bezel
    2. All steel - black dial with silver/gold sub dials
    3. Bi-Metal (steel/gold) with a gold dial, gold sub dials.

My phone pic is pretty crap... but 2 and 3 above are reflecting heavily on the bezels, whilst 1 above is clear to see, so my uneducated guess is that 2 and 3 are ceramics.

I'll upload the pic soon as I can.

Here you go... could be bezel protectors on the RH two?...

Rose gold, platinum and bi-metal!

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Rose gold, platinum and bi-metal!
    Given the talk of such long waiting lists... I was surprised to see them. Could be the retail version of click bait I suppose... all sold, but sat in the window for a while?..

Master
    Given the talk of such long waiting lists... I was surprised to see them. Could be the retail version of click bait I suppose... all sold, but sat in the window for a while?..
    they are avaialble everywhere.....even PRE price increase....the waiting list is for the STAINLESS STEEL ones.

Craftsman
    Here you go... could be bezel protectors on the RH two?...

That is a nice 116655

I enquired 3 months ago at the same dealer about a Hulk and was told I was number 18 on the waiting list as they are a very rare and desirable watch. Then 2 weeks ago, I got a call saying that one had just come in and my name was top of the list. Whilst buying it the salesman told me how lucky I was as there are plenty more names on the list after me. I just laughed, paid my money and left. The nonsense that some of the sales people in that dealer come out with is unbelievable. In fact several years ago, one of their sales people tried to tell me the original Speedy Pro was an automatic!

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I enquired 3 months ago at the same dealer about a Hulk and was told I was number 18 on the waiting list as they are a very rare and desirable watch. Then 2 weeks ago, I got a call saying that one had just come in and my name was top of the list. Whilst buying it the salesman told me how lucky I was as there are plenty more names on the list after me. I just laughed, paid my money and left. The nonsense that some of the sales people in that dealer come out with is unbelievable. In fact several years ago, one of their sales people tried to tell me the original Speedy Pro was an automatic!
    A load of their pre owned stock went out of the window and off their website.... To appear back with a 15% increase! Way over priced compared to people like Blowers online. Mind you.... The watches I had my eye on have sold (unless they are in hiding again!)

Master
    Mapin & Webb, Blue water yesterday, apparently all the people on the waiting list flaked. I probably would have bought it if they hadn't told me a couple of hours earlier they didn't have any steel sports and they were all waiting list only except Explorer II (which they also had).

There was a BLNR going available with no list at GS Middlesborough yesterday.

Sub C date, in Micheal Spiers Exeter window on Saturday and Sunday. I was in buying something else, might still be there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    There was a BLNR going available with no list at GS Middlesborough yesterday.
    The salesman in Mapin & Webb Bluewater was wearing one, I commented and he said they've stopped adding names to their 'list' as they have "over a hundred" on it, I never know whether this is all B/S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    The salesman in Mapin & Webb Bluewater was wearing one, I commented and he said they've stopped adding names to their 'list' as they have "over a hundred" on it, I never know whether this is all B/S.
    Yeah I'd call BS or in the highly unlikely event there is as it's a very high demand area he knows full well a lot will be on multiple lists so that list will get worked down very easily.

I believe the one I just posted about is now gone but it's the second one they have had and no one on a list for it!

Master
    I think after the price rise, apart from the Ceramic daytonas, pieces are much more available now. There is no "massive" list anymore, at least for BLNRs. It may still be a challenge to get one in central london ADs but outside its very possible.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    I think after the price rise, apart from the Ceramic daytonas, pieces are much more available now. There is no "massive" list anymore, at least for BLNRs. It may still be a challenge to get one in central london ADs but outside its very possible.
    Large list at Sheffield AD they haven`t had any SS sports for a while now neither

Master
    If anybody's looking for a BLNR, I've just spotted one available at Hacketts for 7250 - unworn with stickers.

Master
    I though Dom had sold that a few days ago, unless it's another one he's managed to find.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    I though Dom had sold that a few days ago, unless it's another one he's managed to find.
    Maybe he hasn't updated his website.

Saw a ceramic hulk in window of Watch Club London this afternoon. New and stickered for 7450. I am no rolex
    expert so be gentle if its not rare or a good price. I just havent seen one in a window before.

Chronext in mayfair had a few batmans too but i didnt enquire about price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM35F View Post
    Saw a ceramic hulk in window of Watch Club London this afternoon. New and stickered for 7450. I am no rolex
    expert so be gentle if its not rare or a good price. I just havent seen one in a window before.

Chronext in mayfair had a few batmans too but i didnt enquire about price.
    Lets keep it to ADs please. The Hulk is not as difficult to find. But thank you.

Master
    Explorer 1, new version in Colchester yesterday evening, will post a pic later.

Craftsman
    Explorer in Stock at Stratford Upon Avon

Journeyman
    Steel non date sub and explorer in Winsor Bishop Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    Lets keep it to ADs please. The Hulk is not as difficult to find. But thank you.
    No worries, Sorry about that.

Craftsman
    I think the only thing missing from the window of Joyeria Saphir in Maspalomas in Gran Canaria is the D-Blue. BLNR, Hulk, SDc, white gold sub, Ceramic Daytona. Everything...

Journeyman
    Laings in Glasgow had a blue dialled 116622 when i was in at the weekend but apart from that....nothing out of the ordinary. Generous selection of new oyster perpetuals if you'require after one of those.

Master
    Blog Entries
    GMT ceramic in goldsmith Cribbs Causeway.

Ceramic Daytona in Berry's Leeds. Marked up as £16k!!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    GMT ceramic in goldsmith Cribbs Causeway.
    I was just in there trying on the WG and RG DD40's

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow small small world, we should have gone a beer. I hate that shopping mall.

Wow small small world, we should have gone a beer. I hate that shopping mall.
    Sod's law I was trying to waste time while the wife was off shopping with her friend.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ha Ha

Currently in central Manchester. Mappin and Webb have a black SS GMT in the window.

David M Robinson have an Air King and a Sub (no date).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    I think the only thing missing from the window of Joyeria Saphir in Maspalomas in Gran Canaria is the D-Blue. BLNR, Hulk, SDc, white gold sub, Ceramic Daytona. Everything...
    I'm going there 9th January what was the prices like compared to uk ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    So bar the ceramic Daytona, D blue and to some extent the BLNR. I think the drought is now over post price hike, bar London.

Craftsman
    So bar the ceramic Daytona, D blue and to some extent the BLNR. I think the drought is now over post price hike, bar London.
    Glasgow definitely isn't back to normal - a year or so ago I saw quite a few hulks and amazingly Xmas 2015 I saw a d blue on watches of Switzerland. Doubt that will ever happen again

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Just like buses.. I put a deposit down for a Hulk to collect from Torquay this weekend and Mallory's in Bath have just called to say a Sub Date C 116610LN has come in and do I still want it? Well I don't, so before I ring them back to say no thank you, does anyone here want it? RRP obviously
    I'd be careful trying to help members, it will get you banned from buying Rolex.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some places are starting to get cheaper again for us, UAE for example, however peeplevisitingbtbe UK are on a winner with the VAT back.

Crouch Cardiff had a ND Sub in the window yesterday also as an aside Goldsmiths had a Black Bay Dark in the window not seen one before.

ND Sub in the Royal Exchange WoS window too, and a Black Bay Dark in the Fraser Hart up by St Paul's (can't remember the name of that shopping mall. 1 Exchange Place?)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    ND Sub in the Royal Exchange WoS window too, and a Black Bay Dark in the Fraser Hart up by St Paul's (can't remember the name of that shopping mall. 1 Exchange Place?)
    It's called One New Change.