closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
    The blue was when they were struggling to put red on Cerachrom and limited the amount of pepsis sold by making it WG/Pepsi/Blue dial.
    It was originally a white gold and black dial, but when they released the Pepsi in steel, then they changed the white gold dial to blue and introduced a meteorite dial too

New bimetal Sub in window of Mappin and Webb kingston. I was offered the new ND Sub by another AD today without being on a list so I suspect they won't be hard to get (turned it down)

Any observations on the new “royal blue” dial Ryan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies the 'Sub'TT is a Seadweller TT

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I was offered the new ND Sub by another AD today without being on a list so I suspect they won't be hard to get (turned it down)
    Was that an AD that you know? I would have thought that dozens of people have asked for one already.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Was that an AD that you know? I would have thought that dozens of people have asked for one already.
    Yep a Thai AD. But they are getting a few in. No news on the date subs or Kermits. They will get an absolute ton of the OP41s in a few weeks but as I tried to advise on another thread if people are spending nearly £5k on the OP41 instead of a Grand Seiko or even an Aqua Terra then I'd suggest doing some research! :) Sub ND is nice but I'm trying to justify my purchases and is it nicer than my Breguet 5817? Not by a long chalk so I passed on it

Master
    Your Breguet is quite special so I see your point. If it had been me I’d have still taken the sub knowing that it could easily be moved on at no loss - that said I’m sure you could easily get another one.

Yep a Thai AD. But they are getting a few in. No news on the date subs or Kermits. They will get an absolute ton of the OP41s in a few weeks but as I tried to advise on another thread if people are spending nearly £5k on the OP41 instead of a Grand Seiko or even an Aqua Terra then I'd suggest doing some research! :) Sub ND is nice but I'm trying to justify my purchases and is it nicer than my Breguet 5817? Not by a long chalk so I passed on it

Notice that Hulk posted yesterday was £14,750. So much for the £20k+ hype!

Craftsman

OP41

Agree on the OP41, appear to be hitting all the stores without lack of supply on that model. Limit the Instagram favourite, the Rolex sports to create the illusionary hype but ensure they have a ton of the other models in store to sell. Who doesn’t want a Orange OP!

Unfortunately having seen the OP41 in the flesh, a lot of internet talk on Stella dials and Rolex’s nod to the past etc etc, these releases are disappointing on the wrist. Colour, Yes but the colours are flat and these are going to get pretty boring very soon. Some watches age well and rightfully become a classic for generations to come, the OP41 colours are not it but will undoubtedly please the fashion crowd wanting to match their outfits to their watch.

Rolex was never a trend setter but more so than ever is becoming forced into being a trend follower.

So many better options from other manufacturers at this price point than the OP range.

They will get an absolute ton of the OP41s in a few weeks but as I tried to advise on another thread if people are spending nearly £5k on the OP41 instead of a Grand Seiko or even an Aqua Terra then I'd suggest doing some research!
    I think this is very subjective, yes GS finishing is nice but often they are very shiny so not to everyones taste and the AT are very thick. I personally would take an OP all day every day on looks alone over a GS or AT of similar style.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 6th September 2020 at 19:15.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I think this is very subjective, yes GS finishing is nice but often they are very shiny so not to everyones taste and the AT are very thick. I personally would take an OP all day every day on looks alone over a GS or AT of similar style.
    Agree about GS. Would take an OP over most of them. Even if OP is not really my thing.

Master
    Is the two tone Skydweller easily available from most AD's? Plan to try one on Friday. If I love it, and they are freely available, I would ask for a discount. They can only say no.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Notice that Hulk posted yesterday was £14,750. So much for the £20k+ hype!

Should try a Kermit instead.

https://prideandpinion.com/collectio...mariner-kermit

Master
    I’m not aware that it’s hard to get so worth a try although I think discounts are harder to come by with Rolex nowadays.

QUOTE=Robsmck;5527516]Is the two tone Skydweller easily available from most AD's? Plan to try one on Friday. If I love it, and they are freely available, I would ask for a discount. They can only say no.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I like the OP green dial. The white text looks better in my opinion than the black text on the other dials.

Craftsman
    Didn’t necessarily want to start a new thread on this but it kind of links in with availability of Rolex / Rolex in the window

A couple of years ago I got a new Rolex from an AD and they kept the warranty card

Just picked up a new SS rolex from the same AD. New style warranty card which was scanned on a phone reader to activate.

The difference this time was I had to sign a disclaimer that said if I had bought the watch for the purposes of selling for a profit then they would end their relationship with me I.e not sell another watch to me

I thought it was a good happy medium if I’m honest. You get everything away with you but if you are buying from them with the purpose of selling for profit you won’t get another (I’m keeping the watch btw)

He said that they will only sell to people in the local area now which I also understand

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    Didn’t necessarily want to start a new thread on this but it kind of links in with availability of Rolex / Rolex in the window

A couple of years ago I got a new Rolex from an AD and they kept the warranty card

Just picked up a new SS rolex from the same AD. New style warranty card which was scanned on a phone reader to activate.

The difference this time was I had to sign a disclaimer that said if I had bought the watch for the purposes of selling for a profit then they would end their relationship with me I.e not sell another watch to me

I thought it was a good happy medium if I’m honest. You get everything away with you but if you are buying from them with the purpose of selling for profit you won’t get another (I’m keeping the watch btw)

He said that they will only sell to people in the local area now which I also understand

Which watch out of interest?

Agree that is a happy compromise although if you had signed that contract or not, the rule would apply, i.e. if you had sold it for profit and they found out, they would not supply you again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Which watch out of interest?

Agree that is a happy compromise although if you had signed that contract or not, the rule would apply, i.e. if you had sold it for profit and they found out, they would not supply you again.
    That’s very true point well made

It was a BLNR

That’s very true point well made

It was a BLNR

Any time limit before you can sell? Is 3 or 5 years reasonable etc?

Craftsman
    Yes 3 years

The thing is if I wanted to sell it I could it would just mean I don’t have much of a chance of getting a Rolex there again. I just don’t want to sell it. I hope that the tactic of signing the agreement would scare off a few people who would just buy to flip

I think ADs are in between a rock and a hard place. Imagine you were a customer with a genuine passion for watches and spent a bit of cash with the AD to find out that they were selling willy nilly to people who were punting in the grey market.

Flip side is if you don’t have purchase history you would struggle

Dunno what a solution is

Master
    Interesting...but what if you hadn't bought 'for purpose of selling for profit' but after a month you realised the watch didn't sing to you as you thought it would and hence sold at market value!? Which happened to be a profit!

Having said all that, making you sign would surely have a psychological impact. Was it a large group or independent?

No idea if this correlates with what will happen in the UK but a Northern Thai AD I know has a waiting list of 4 people for the new ND Sub. They had 3 arrive on monday meaning only 1 person left on the list. They are expecting a steady flow of the ND. No news on the Sub Date. They had 1 Kermit through which went to someone on the list (longer list) but those are expected to be harder to get. But the ND Sub is likely to be a window piece there.

Their hardest to get watch is a Daytona but NOT the SS - it is the Everrose with Green dial
    Last edited by ryanb741; 10th September 2020 at 23:00.

Yes 3 years
    Seems fair, thanks for sharing

Master
    No idea if this correlates with what will happen in the UK but a Northern Thai AD I know has a waiting list of 4 people for the new ND Sub. They had 3 arrive on monday meaning only 1 person left on the list. They are expecting a steady flow of the ND. No news on the Sub Date. They had 1 Kermit through which went to someone on the list (longer list) but those are expected to be harder to get. But the ND Sub is likely to be a window piece there.

Their hardest to get watch is a Daytona but NOT the SS - it is the Everrose with Green dial
    Has this new Rolex super facility you were talking about a few months back materialised?
    I think you mentioned it was to take up the slack for the far eastern market.

Prestons in Wilmslow finally took the covers off their new refurbished Rolex boutique this morning. It’s certainly looks very smart, but rather amusingly it now has a significantly larger window display area...except there’s nothing to put on display apart from a gaggle of ladies watches and a Yacht Master II which has seemingly been there forever.

Master
    AD’s must realise that not all of their regular buying clients keep every watch that they’ve ever bought off them - I’m sure the odd one does but no way would everyone, which leads me to think they after x amount of time they aren’t bothered what you do with your watch. I’m guessing that they are worried that a brand new highly desirable model for sale on eBay or wherever with their name all over it is the concern. Probably a year old watch isn’t a concern.

Master
    Is that the John Meyer watch? Not particularly in demand and could be bought under RRP then he does one of his watch podcasts telling everyone that the green dial Daytona was the next big thing and bang you cant get hold of one.

I mentioned him to my AD at an event last summer and he replied ‘John who?’.

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Is that the John Meyer watch? Not particularly in demand and could be bought under RRP then he does one of his watch podcasts telling everyone that the green dial Daytona was the next big thing and bang you cant get hold of one.

I mentioned him to my AD at an event last summer and he replied ‘John who?’.
    Yes that’s the watch. They seem to be £45,000 now! I think it’s yellow gold though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Yes that’s the watch. They seem to be £45,000 now! I think it’s yellow gold though.

I remember seeing one in an ADs window in Liverpool and it looked very ordinary. It always looked superb in photos, but in the flesh it was nothing to write home about. It just sat there at list price unloved and unwanted. Can't believe the hype surrounding it now.

Journeyman

I'd have 0 problems doing that. I think the ADs really should do everything that can do discoruage flippers.

Craftsman
    I’ve bought Rolex for the last 20 years and Patek for the last 7 years. I love the hobby of finding a watch and waiting for it to arrive. However, I’m now starting to gradually lose interest and it is becoming impossible to buy a stainless steel sports watch. I’m not buying grey as the premium is unrealistic though acknowledge some are prepared to pay it. I didn’t get the Hulk, Pepsi, Skydweller etc. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Daytona’s and my wife was lucky enough to get a new root beer. Since then, zip. I understand things need to be shared around but it seems likely that aspirations will remain unfulfilled and then the unattainable is a reminder that the hobbyists are excluded in favour of serial investors.
    I know there is no answer but it is horrendously frustrating not being able to actually interact with the core items of your hobby. Looks like I’m closer to an MG Frontline than I thought...

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    I’ve bought Rolex for the last 20 years and Patek for the last 7 years. I love the hobby of finding a watch and waiting for it to arrive. However, I’m now starting to gradually lose interest and it is becoming impossible to buy a stainless steel sports watch. I’m not buying grey as the premium is unrealistic though acknowledge some are prepared to pay it. I didn’t get the Hulk, Pepsi, Skydweller etc. I was lucky enough to get one of the first Daytona’s and my wife was lucky enough to get a new root beer. Since then, zip. I understand things need to be shared around but it seems likely that aspirations will remain unfulfilled and then the unattainable is a reminder that the hobbyists are excluded in favor of serial investors.
    I know there is no answer but it is horrendously frustrating not being able to actually interact with the core items of your hobby. Looks like I’m closer to an MG Frontline than I thought...

For those starting out a watch collection with a stainless steel Rolex has so far for me been fruitless.

As long as there is a significant premium on the preowned market, I would be VERY surprised at the professional range being in the shop windows.
    Out of the three AD's putting me on their 'list', only one I am reasonably confident I will get a Sub. This will take a while, mind you that was before the September release

If I was a 'one and done' and my heart was set on a Submariner, then I would consider preowned.

My advice is to keep trying, but if like me you plan to buy at least 2-3 watches a year, then look at buying other brands (but don't settle)

Just back from Kingston-Upon-Thames. There is a white dial 2 tone sky dweller in the window of Mappin & Webb if anyone's interested. Now if it was black dial it would be on my wrist now.
    Last edited by zen123; 21st September 2020 at 00:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Just back from Kingston-Upon-Thames. There is a white dial 2 tone sky dweller in the window if anyone's interested. Now if it was black dial it would be on my wrist now.
    Tried one of these on in Rolex boutique in Belfast last week. Was a bit meh to me, although i much preferred it to the black dial ( I am a white dial guy ).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just back from Kingston-Upon-Thames. There is a white dial 2 tone sky dweller in the window if anyone's interested. Now if it was black dial it would be on my wrist now.
    They had a green OP41 earlier in the day so I guess it went. Also had that red dialled Day Date.

Craftsman
    Just back from Kingston-Upon-Thames. There is a white dial 2 tone sky dweller in the window of Mappin & Webb if anyone's interested. Now if it was black dial it would be on my wrist now.
    Thanks for the heads up but I’m after the unobtainable blue dial...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    For those starting out a watch collection with a stainless steel Rolex has so far for me been fruitless.

As long as there is a significant premium on the preowned market, I would be VERY surprised at the professional range being in the shop windows.
    Out of the three AD's putting me on their 'list', only one I am reasonably confident I will get a Sub. This will take a while, mind you that was before the September release

If I was a 'one and done' and my heart was set on a Submariner, then I would consider preowned.

My advice is to keep trying, but if like me you plan to buy at least 2-3 watches a year, then look at buying other brands (but don't settle)
    I also plan 2-3 watches a year and do look at other brands but I always stop myself as I feel I’m making a concession as I cannot get what I really covert...

Cardiff is awash with pre-owned sports Rolex models.
    The shop in the Royal Arcade has a hulk a snip at £17,500 and a gold daytona on leather for £12,000
    Spotted a sub in Laings as well only £12,000

RG YM and Green Dial OP41 in my local AD. Not a fan of the AD after being treated appallingly. If anyone is in South West London this may be of interest however I can't buy it

Master
    Green Dial OP41 in my local AD.
    That's surprising! Would have thought someone would have that on eBay for £6,500 by now!

RG YM and Green Dial OP41 in my local AD. Not a fan of the AD after being treated appallingly. If anyone is in South West London this may be of interest however I can't buy it
    Green OP41 has hit the window? That’s surprising as ADs have told me the green is the most enquired about colour. Are you sure it wasn’t a “display only - not for sale” piece?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Green OP41 has hit the window? That’s surprising as ADs have told me the green is the most enquired about colour. Are you sure it wasn’t a “display only - not for sale” piece?
    Tried it on Saturday, I liked it. Nice entry level Rolex

Master
    Agree, very unlikely that it has hit the window for sale... must be display only..every AD I have spoken to about the new ranges has lists for all subs and all OPs except perhaps smaller sized OPs...why would this AD be so incompetent not have the same level of interest?

Nope it was for sale. This AD frequently ahs harder to get stuff in the window (Explorer, WG YM, SS Skydweller etc but not Hulk!) It is going to a member here - I won't divulge the AD name until the deal has completed (just in case anyone is tempted to swoop in and bypass the member). The AD treated me appallingly so I hate giving them money but at least it helps someone get a watch they want

Shame it isn’t a 36mm green or 41mm yellow or I would’ve been over there waiting for the doors to open.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Tried it on Saturday, I liked it. Nice entry level Rolex
    Damned by faint praise

Saw one in an antique dealers near the Cathedral at Winchester last week BNIB £6,000

Master
    I'm on 2 'lists' for 41mm Green OP's

I'm never expecting the call by the way

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    I'm on 2 'lists' for 41mm Green OP's

I'm never expecting the call by the way
    Your best bet is to keep your eye on this thread. Fingers crossed for you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Damned by faint praise

True though! If you'd said 3 years ago people would put their names on a "waiting list" for an OP, you'd have been accused of having taken leave of your senses!