closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 4067

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Managed to get a bit of sunshine today, so a few pics of the dial for you..
    Thank you, that is absolutely stunning and easy to see why that colour combination appealed to you. When you see what dealers are asking for the SS Daytonas, people would be better off forgetting about those and going after the WG.

Great watch 👍

Superb, I saw this very one in the window of Goldsmiths Trafford Centre last week sat next to a White Gold Sub and a very dramatic pair they made.

Sticker price was a bit eye watering but it has got me thinking about the ceramic version on Oysterflex as I just love this dial configuration. Congratulations on the pickup!

DMR quoting 12 months wait for the Oysterflex model, madness for PM.

Journeyman
    Managed to get a bit of sunshine today, so a few pics of the dial for you...

Soooo jealous.

Congratulations

Lovely, Enoch.
    It is crying for an Oysterflex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Lovely, Enoch.
    It is crying for an Oysterflex.
    Not a fan I’m afraid... I like the heft of the bracelet👍👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    When you see what dealers are asking for the SS Daytonas, people would be better off forgetting about those and going after the WG.

Great watch 
    Cheers... it was this, plus a bit of manmaths that gave me the justification🤪😎

Not a fan I’m afraid... I like the heft of the bracelet
    I like the heft too but with WG case and clasp, believe me it is not very light watch even with Oysterflex. It weighs about the same as aSubC with all links- roughly 160 GMs.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 18th November 2019 at 18:09.

After 14 months I have just received the call for my BLNR, excited is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    After 14 months I have just received the call for my BLNR, excited is an understatement.

Excellent, will that be the newer one on the Jubilee. Not really up on when the change over was or if both are still being done.

Craftsman

Congrats! Hope that’s not the amount of time I’ll have to wait for mine.. :(

Excellent, will that be the newer one on the Jubilee. Not really up on when the change over was or if both are still being done.
    Yeah the Jubilee, the change was March 19 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Congrats! Hope that’s not the amount of time I’ll have to wait for mine.. :(
    How long have you been waiting so far? I have had to hound my local AD where it got to the stage they recognised my number when I rang.

Journeyman
    How long have you been waiting so far? I have had to hound my local AD where it got to the stage they recognised my number when I rang.

I was told 4 months for a CHNR, (and longer for sub/BLNR which I am also interested in) popped in since then just to show my face. Went in Saturday after 4 months just to see if I was close to top of list only to be told 1 to 2 years..... Beginning to think I might not be on any list....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
    I was told 4 months for a CHNR, (and longer for sub/BLNR which I am also interested in) popped in since then just to show my face. Went in Saturday after 4 months just to see if I was close to top of list only to be told 1 to 2 years..... Beginning to think I might not be on any list....

From what I've seen over the years, the list order isn't necessarily sequential. I was on the BLNR list at my local AD for 3 years before it came through. I'm also on their list for a Pepsi but they did say that big spending VIPs will always get priority. Bit rubbish but that's the way it is.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    In Harry’s Jewellers, Galashiels (Scottish Borders)

Just arrived 2016 Unworn still in stickers Rolex Submariner Date in Stainless Steel.
    Complete with box and warranty card.
    Model number 116610LN.
    Please note this watch was presented to a director of the oil and gas company schlumberger therefore the case-back was engraved with the company name. Photo included.
    Price £8750.
    Viewing welcome in store but please call first 01896208050 or 07766634313

Not sure if this is a great deal or not, or whether a change in caseback in a couple of years might be a reasonable expense......
    He advertises on Facebook - find him there. It is a physical shop.
    The Schlumberger caseback engraved watch was on Facebook Marketplace for ages. Would have to price in a replacement back.

Craftsman

About 3 months now. During this period I’ve also managed to get a CHNR from another branch (in the same Aurum Group). The AD was pleased when I told them that - but wonder if they’ll delay my BLNR just because I’ve got a nice piece recently...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmagla View Post
    Beginning to think I might not be on any list....
    Probably the same list as me. The ones they call when they have tried everyone else!

WoS Royal Exchange

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Probably the same list as me. The ones they call when they have tried everyone else!
    Haha, yes I think so....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    WoS Royal Exchange
    Not a lot of love for the TT Yachtmasters then....

White dial Explorer 2 has come into an AD I know who offered it to me as everyone on the list turned it down. I have found someone who will take it but had that not happened it was going in the window tomorrow! Sign of the times?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    White dial Explorer 2 has come into an AD I know who offered it to me as everyone on the list turned it down. I have found someone who will take it but had that not happened it was going in the window tomorrow! Sign of the times?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hopefully... Im on the 'list of people who have noted their intention to buy' that one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    Hopefully... Im on the 'list of people who have noted their intention to buy' that one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I got one within 8 weeks recently albeit the black dial one.

Apprentice

Hi I’m new to this forum

Hi I’m not a watch collector I have just taken semi retirement and I thought it’s time to get a nice watch I think I deserve it  anyway I started looking at watches and decided I liked the Rolex sport watches and omega planet ocean.so I went in my local northern goldsmiths and I was shocked to hear there is a waiting list it seems to me if you can buy loads of Rolex watches you can have your pick but for someone like myself who has saved up for a nice watch I have to just wait for a year or two the world has gone crazy.i just thought I would have my say. Also like to say loving reading all your posts on here.keep up the good work 
    Last edited by Robr; 20th November 2019 at 21:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Robr View Post
    Hi I’m not a watch collector I have just taken semi retirement and I thought it’s time to get a nice watch I think I deserve it  anyway I started looking at watches and decided I liked the Rolex sport watches and omega planet ocean.so I went in my local northern goldsmiths and I was shocked to hear there is a waiting list it seems to me if you can buy loads of Rolex watches you can have your pick but for someone like myself who has saved up for a nice watch I have to just wait for a year or two the worl has gone crazy.i just thought I would have my say. Also like to say loving reading all your posts on here.keep up the good work 
    Hopefully you can buy the Planet Ocean you like though, or is there a list for the variant you're after for one of those too?

Welcome aboard.

Two tone sub w/ black dial and bezel in WoS Royal Exchange.

Hi I’m not a watch collector I have just taken semi retirement and I thought it’s time to get a nice watch I think I deserve it  anyway I started looking at watches and decided I liked the Rolex sport watches and omega planet ocean.so I went in my local northern goldsmiths and I was shocked to hear there is a waiting list it seems to me if you can buy loads of Rolex watches you can have your pick but for someone like myself who has saved up for a nice watch I have to just wait for a year or two the worl has gone crazy.i just thought I would have my say. Also like to say loving reading all your posts on here.keep up the good work 
    If they take your name down for a watch (a lot of shops don't even take names down from new customers) you will probably get what you want within 3-6 months if you pop in often enough (assuming it isn't a Daytona or Pepsi).

Craftsman
    Hi I’m not a watch collector I have just taken semi retirement and I thought it’s time to get a nice watch I think I deserve it 😀 anyway I started looking at watches and decided I liked the Rolex sport watches and omega planet ocean.so I went in my local northern goldsmiths and I was shocked to hear there is a waiting list it seems to me if you can buy loads of Rolex watches you can have your pick but for someone like myself who has saved up for a nice watch I have to just wait for a year or two the worl has gone crazy.i just thought I would have my say. Also like to say loving reading all your posts on here.keep up the good work 👍
    Welcome to the forum! My (now former) colleague at work has recently retired. When we catchup for a beer I will ask how he's marked the milestone. Buying a Rolex used to be a way to mark such occasions. I think that is starting to fade as it seems ridiculous all the hoops you have to jump through. The biggest hoop is the AD actually revealing to you that they have other models out back. Don't get too jaded by my whining as I'm sure other AD's will be more helpful

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    If they take your name down for a watch (a lot of shops don't even take names down from new customers) you will probably get what you want within 3-6 months if you pop in often enough (assuming it isn't a Daytona or Pepsi).
    No it was a hulk I will have to wait and keep fingers crossed. Or I would buy Any sub with date or deep sea with date or EXPLORER II or SEA-DWELLER all with cyclops date on so I’m not being to picky 

No it was a hulk I will have to wait and keep fingers crossed. Or I would buy Any sub with date or deep sea with date or EXPLORER II or SEA-DWELLER all with cyclops date on so I’m not being to picky 
    Hulk won’t happen. Steel sub possible but unlikely without buying history. Explorer 2 or Deepsea more likely.

Master
    A colleague of mine was telling me he was looking in Mcr this week and saw the usual Datejusts (mens and womens), no shortage there. Rockafellas had most of what you wanted but at a premium. They told him 'why wait?' Standard date-sub was £10k and someone came in and spent £23k on a Daytona. Only 3 yrs ago I was trying a Hulk on in Robinsons (at rrp) and deciding I wasnt that bothered. 20% down and 2 yrs interest free!

Not Rolex, but a rare Tudor - State of Qatar special / limited edition:

https://www.tdkwatches.com/product-p...ry-rare-ltd-ed

Wow, I was debating one of these two weeks ago for £5k. Price has shot up. Would love to know the sale price of half of these Chrono24 sales.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wow, I was debating one of these two weeks ago for £5k. Price has shot up. Would love to know the sale price of half of these Chrono24 sales.
    I wasn't aware of the Watch, I just remember some serious collectors get excited about Rolex watches with Arabic print on them or if they have some connection to a Sultan somewhere or other.

The seller could be trying his luck. Would you really wear it though?
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 21st November 2019 at 21:18.

Would you really wear it though?
    I would, but I realised I was being stupid paying twice the price just to have some fancy writing on the dial. I've never been been to Qatar and probably never will. Instead I bought a regular BBB from SC and put my name down for a Harrods Edition. I've tried to have safe queens twice before, it doesn't work, I just wear them.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Was in the Goldsmiths yesterday in Newcastle for about 45 minutes and the lady I spoke to has put me on the waiting list for a sea dweller and a deep sea I have no history with them but she did try and get me to buy something from them it did not need to be a watch she said anything so I have history with them but I declined and she said it might take a year to get the watch.anyway now just a waiting game at least I’m on the supposed waiting list.🤔

Was in the Goldsmiths yesterday in Newcastle for about 45 minutes and the lady I spoke to has put me on the waiting list for a sea dweller and a deep sea I have no history with them but she did try and get me to buy something from them it did not need to be a watch she said anything so I have history with them but I declined and she said it might take a year to get the watch.anyway now just a waiting game at least I’m on the supposed waiting list.樂
    Definitely best to have some purchase history. However a black Deepsea should be pretty quick.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Definitely best to have some purchase history. However a black Deepsea should be pretty quick.
    Yeah. I was offered a Black Deepsea but have turned down - it was sold the next day otherwise would’ve offered to pass details

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I am hoping to get the sea dweller first 👍

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Yeah. I was offered a Black Deepsea but have turned down - it was sold the next day otherwise would’ve offered to pass details
    Thanks for thinking about that I do appreciate it 👍

Two tone sub in the window of Goldsmiths Liverpool One yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Two tone sub in the window of Goldsmiths Liverpool One yesterday
    They've had a couple of interesting pieces over the last few weeks.

Journeyman
    Received a call from my local AD yesterday and picked up my Hulk at lunchtime today, absolutely made up, the watch is just stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanfisken View Post
    Received a call from my local AD yesterday and picked up my Hulk at lunchtime today, absolutely made up, the watch is just stunning.

Congrats, gorgeous watch

Craftsman

Congrats! How long did you have to wait?

Journeyman
    Thanks very much, I was like a kid in a candy shop . I went on the list around March, so not that long, maybe just lucky I’m not sure. I had purchased from them previously. I just love the dial it’s stunning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

Anyone received a call from HL Brown in past two years for Hulk?

Seems like been waiting forever, already have purchasing history as well.......

Journeyman
    Based on others experience I’m very happy to have got the watch. So pleased with it.

Craftsman
    Based on others experience I’m very happy to have got the watch. So pleased with it.

Lovely! I picked up mine last week. The dial is sublime

Apprentice

Good looking watch

Congratulations well done