closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 1,151 to 1,182 of 1182

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

  1. #1151
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    If you are feeling insane and don’t like money then there is a 2018 SubC Date for sale in Drakes in Plymouth for £10,950...

    I know we shouldn’t be surprised any more but Christ!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesus Christ

  2. #1152
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Guildford
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Martin & Co in Cheltenham have a Deep Sea in their window... first time I’ve seen a Sports Rolex in a window for ages.

    Beards have a Paul Newman in their window. First time I’ve seen one in the metal and it is lovely!
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Paul Newman? Daytona?

  3. #1153
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Explorer 1 currently showing in the Rolex store in St. Marks square Venice, 6050Euro.

    Panerai store appeared to be getting most of the action the time I was there.
    Well it is Italy.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  4. #1154
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Martin & Co in Cheltenham have a Deep Sea in their window... first time I’ve seen a Sports Rolex in a window for ages.

    Beards have a Paul Newman in their window. First time I’ve seen one in the metal and it is lovely!
    Which Deep Sea and is it still available?

  5. #1155
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???
    It’s 12 years for a Patel Nautilus and that is if you buy some of their other “complications” first. All the manufacturers say their concerned about people flipping their watches but they love it really

  6. #1156
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    197
    Love that in Singapore they have hulks, GMTS & daytona's with the words display only


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1157
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Love that in Singapore they have hulks, GMTS & daytona's with the words display only


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, just to further irritate lol

  8. #1158
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by optix View Post
    Love that in Singapore they have hulks, GMTS & daytona's with the words display only


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was there for work a few weeks ago and got really excited for all of a second, until I saw those dreaded words!

  9. #1159
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by RajLondon View Post
    I was there for work a few weeks ago and got really excited for all of a second, until I saw those dreaded words!
    I'm sure they have a camera filming people's reactions.

    Patek didn't have much either & the blue face overseas seems to be sold out in Singapore.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1160
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    97
    In Paris for weekend and stumbled across Jean Mick’s just off Champs Elysees











    Mick


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1161
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    Which Deep Sea and is it still available?
    Basic black dialled Deep Sea.

    No.

  12. #1162
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New York, London, Dubai
    Posts
    388
    Circa 20K for that Arabic dial Daytona seems very good value for money considering what the asking on a SS is these days

  13. #1163
    Master OliverCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South West London
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Basic black dialled Deep Sea.

    No.
    Just catching up with the thread... did you get it?

  14. #1164
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    Just catching up with the thread... did you get it?
    No. It was still there when they closed on Saturday, but as I was passing yesterday afternoon I thought I'd have a look and it was gone.

    I didn't fancy it, it was more out of academic interest to see if it was still sat there.

    They do however have a couple of OP39, in black and rhodium that are more to my liking (though I am being drawn to a steel DJ41 - perhaps it's an age thing)

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  15. #1165
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hove,UK
    Posts
    77
    Black dialled deep sea in Brighton today. Nice but huge!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  16. #1166
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Black dialled deep sea in Brighton today. Nice but huge!

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    They don’t wear as big as you’d think, about have tiny wrists and the new Deepsea feels fine.

  17. #1167
    Craftsman Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    LV426
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They don’t wear as big as you’d think, about have tiny wrists and the new Deepsea feels fine.
    Is that the 126660? Tried on a 116660 JC today, and wasn't sure about the bracelet - the watch was otherwise breathtaking and will try and find the 2018+ model to compare it to. Lots of SS Rolexes in the window in Wilmslow today - but then they were in Mark Worthington and The Cheshire Watch Company. Nowt beyond the usual in the Rolex Boutique

  18. #1168
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,422
    Yep the ‘new’ 126660. The bracelet and lugs are much better balanced than the 116660 IMHO having owned both.

  19. #1169
    Craftsman Megatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    LV426
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Yep the ‘new’ 126660. The bracelet and lugs are much better balanced than the 116660 IMHO having owned both.
    That's useful to know; thanks - it was the one thing putting me off whipping out my card then and there. Many congrats on yours - I'm highly envious! The search is on...

  20. #1170
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    That's useful to know; thanks - it was the one thing putting me off whipping out my card then and there. Many congrats on yours - I'm highly envious! The search is on...
    To me the difference is exaggerated, the bracelet on the 116660 is perhaps a little slim at the clasp, but it has never struck me as an issue. Face on it is tough to differentiate, apart from the crown at base of dial.
    And remember they are not making any more of the 116660.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  21. #1171
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,112
    There’s one of the sports models in Martin and co in Cheltenham in the window for those that are interested. Couldn’t tell you which one as they all look the same to me. But I know they’re sought after on here....

  22. #1172
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    There’s one of the sports models in Martin and co in Cheltenham in the window for those that are interested. Couldn’t tell you which one as they all look the same to me. But I know they’re sought after on here....
    Must be the sea dweller that someone else saw and posted on here last week.

  23. #1173
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    70
    Schipol airport yesterday looking a little bare..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #1174
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They don’t wear as big as you’d think, about have tiny wrists and the new Deepsea feels fine.
    When you say tiny, what are we talking about here. Less than 6.75 inches? I've always fancied one of these but worried it would look/feel too big on me. Looks good on you.

  25. #1175
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    338
    Yellow gold and blue sub and air king in Reading GS this morning.

  26. #1176
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Lake District UK
    Posts
    169
    I've skinny wrists and my DeepSea is fine, more surprising that the balance of the thing however is the ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE on the rehaut. I've always hated it but it just doesn't show up in real life like it does in the pictures.

    Can't explain it, it just disappears somehow?

  27. #1177
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    2,658
    Now become a Rolex discussion thread..........

    ”Ooh! It looks big on your wrists!”

    Not quite the intention.

  28. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.







    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Haha you can't imagine a window like this in 2019 anymore...

  29. #1179
    Ok, so a fairly esoteric one that won’t help many forum members, but GV Milgauss, Yachtmaster and Air King all in the only Yangon AD at the moment.

    I mention as I check every two weeks for the last couple of years and absolutely nada. I’ve been first on the list for a BLRO since Basel and still not a single one arrived in country.

    I’m hoping may be related to Ryan’s recent claims of a production increase/targeting of Asian markets to try and win back some customers who all seem to be going to Omega due to rolex total unavailability.

  30. #1180
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by sepsonto View Post
    Ok, so a fairly esoteric one that won’t help many forum members, but GV Milgauss, Yachtmaster and Air King all in the only Yangon AD at the moment.

    I mention as I check every two weeks for the last couple of years and absolutely nada. I’ve been first on the list for a BLRO since Basel and still not a single one arrived in country.

    I’m hoping may be related to Ryan’s recent claims of a production increase/targeting of Asian markets to try and win back some customers who all seem to be going to Omega due to rolex total unavailability.
    Worth checking the AD in Chiang Mai, Central Festival. They had a Cameron on display last month. Local market just buys TT Datejusts and the tourists haven't cottoned onto this AD yet - they only know the Bangkok mall ADs

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  31. #1181
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    5
    Michael Spiers Plymouth this afternoon

    Yachtmaster 40 s/s & blue face
    Daytona t/t gold face
    Yellow Gold GMT
    Yellow Gold Sub

  32. #1182
    Master MST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Byfleet, UK
    Posts
    2,445
    In terms of SS just a solitary Air-King in the window display at Bucherer on Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich at lunchtime today.
    Last edited by MST; 19th June 2019 at 19:07.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •