closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 4070

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I've tried a few dealers and always asked what have you bought from us before.
    That's item 1 in the "let's get this guy out of the shop" guidebook.

I've tried a few dealers and always asked what have you bought from us before.
    For a Milgauss they are chancing their arm. I asked about a Patek at an AD yesterday and was told "it's a journey, and we're happy to take you on that journey" aka buy a load of other stuff. But for a milguass... No way.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    That's item 1 in the "let's get this guy out of the shop" guidebook.
    I once walked into Fraser Hart in Brent X and that's exactly what saleperson asked me.
    He even scolded me " You can't just walk into the store and ask for SS Professional model without previous purchase history with us!"

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just lie. I've bought all my watches from you. They are never going to check.

Master
    Just lie. I've bought all my watches from you. They are never going to check.
    WoS have a CRM system that can tell them exactly how much you've spent with the Aurum group, so don't be so sure.

WoS have a CRM system that can tell them exactly how much you've spent with the Aurum group, so don't be so sure.
    Goldsmith's Watford two weeks ago could see my purchases there and at Mappin& Webb on the same screen.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There's lots of dealers out there, and they won't have data going back that far under data retention rules.

"I bought my speedmaster off you in 2008"

Master
    Then they would be far better of surreptitiously checking rather than upsetting a prospective customer from the get-go.

Master
    There's lots of dealers out there, and they won't have data going back that far under data retention rules.

"I bought my speedmaster off you in 2008"

They could tell me that I bought an IWC in 2002................

Master
    Blog Entries
    If they are that's very poor form.

According to the WOS privacy policy it's 10 years from data of transaction for transaction details (i.e. What you bought and even) other than your name which is permanent.

But then they say they keep details of "by appointment" permanently.

I think they are keeping Rolex purchase details but not other, possibly by Rolex request?
    Last edited by pete-r; 2nd May 2019 at 16:38.

Master
    If they are that's very poor form. I'd ask for your data to be removed under GDPR.
    And never stand a chance of getting anything ever again because you have no "history"?

I don't have an issue with it personally.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I see the point of view but I think most of these dealers arent so bothered.

I walked in to a AD and told them I bought my speedy from them in 2008 (which was true).

No one checked though so I could have bought it anywhere, and they put me on the list for a GMT, ND sub and polar exp2.

I had a call within 2 weeks about the sub.

Master
    I'll keep every advantage I can get!

Master
    In fairness, very few Rolex ADs seem to be able to resist telling tall stories where the brand is concerned so I can see absolutely no reason why you shouldn't return the favour

Green and Blue Milgauss both in the window of the Rolex boutique on New Bond Street. Walked past just now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    36mm Black Dial Oyster Perpetual in David M Robinson Liverpool, not that common. Also a 114060 Sub albeit on the wrist of a member of staff...

Ant

DJ 41 white gold bezel Wimbledon dial in Fraser hart Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by paulrlx View Post
    If anyone sees a Datejust 126300 on a jubilee with blue dial in central London, please drop me a line.
    Anyone seen one in the West End? I’m in London for a few hours tomorrow so won’t have time to scout one out. Thanks in advance

FFS. At Terminal 4 Heathrow and saw through the window of the closed Rolex store that they had the new blnr on Jubilee. Store opened at 6am, flight was called for boarding at 5.50 (to Milan) early as it's a full flight. The missus couldn't countenance waiting as 'we might miss the flight'. Grrr.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    FFS. At Terminal 4 Heathrow and saw through the window of the closed Rolex store that they had the new blnr on Jubilee. Store opened at 6am, flight was called for boarding at 5.50 (to Milan) early as it's a full flight. The missus couldn't countenance waiting as 'we might miss the flight'. Grrr.

Torment!

Hope it doesn't spoil the break.

Get another flight!

Craftsman

Should have told her to enjoy her flight haha!

I would have missed the flight and paid for the next one! Are you sure they had the new blnr for sale? They haven’t even had the preview showings yet lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    I would have missed the flight and paid for the next one! Are you sure they had the new blnr for sale? They haven’t even had the preview showings yet lol!
    My AD had his first delivered earlier in the week. Nice looking watch but even at RRP (north of £7k) they look expensive. Not far off the RRP of a SS Daytona 5 years ago. Anyway, imagine they’ll be double that at WF next week.

Interesting that an AD I met this week referred to the new blnr as the "batgirl". Hillarious.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    I've seen these in Windows a couple of times. Bought one in Goldsmiths and a few weeks later another was in the window.

They have one in the Trafford centre and perhaps Fraser Hart in Brent Cross will still have one too.

It has been replaced by the 126655 with a £1000 price increase so act quickly if you really want one.
    Thanks for the tip. I didn’t realise that there was an update - £20k is an awful lot for that watch now 😅

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Interesting that an AD I met this week referred to the new blnr as the "batgirl". Hillarious.
    Lol

2 places in Milan have had the new BLNR on jubilee as a walk in as they have just arrived in and they don't do lists. But more expensive than UK price - around £7500 here

2 places in Milan have had the new BLNR on jubilee as a walk in as they have just arrived in and they don't do lists. But more expensive than UK price - around £7500 here

You buying both?

Craftsman

I did not want to return back to Milan after visiting but this makes me want to go and buy one ha. Imagine they’d be sold by now anyway.

An AD in Stuttgart does the same thing, they put them in the window and sell to the public. Good practise but difficult if your not there when the watch you want arrives

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You buying both?
    He wont sell to me unless I buy a Roger Dubuis. Also has a SS Daytona and all 3 dial variants of the Skydweller. All on display. All no lists. And wont sell me any unless I buy something hideous and expensive. It's right next to the Cathedral in Piazza Del Duomo so I suspect they ensnare enough wealthy tourists with this ploy

He wont sell to me unless I buy a Roger Dubuis. Also has a SS Daytona and all 3 dial variants of the Skydweller. All on display. All no lists. And wont sell me any unless I buy something hideous and expensive. It's right next to the Cathedral in Piazza Del Duomo so I suspect they ensnare enough wealthy tourists with this ploy

Seemed too go to be true. Wonder if he would compromise and sell with a DJ28 ha.

Master
    Bi metal sky dweller gold face in goldsmiths highcross

Not exactly in the window but managed to secure a Milgauss Z Blue in W.O.S Knightsbridge.
    Salesperson initially told me they don't have anything in stock but after a few conversations I've mentioned that I have previous purchase history with Goldsmiths and he said they have one reserved for a customer.
    Anyway, I told him that I was a serious customer and it was a happy ending.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Master

Not sure what’s worse - lists or that!

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Not sure what’s worse - lists or that!
    At least with that it's rather more transparent...unless it's actually the same as most lists, which seem to require the person to have bought a lot of watches in the past to even get on the list!

He wont sell to me unless I buy a Roger Dubuis. Also has a SS Daytona and all 3 dial variants of the Skydweller. All on display. All no lists. And wont sell me any unless I buy something hideous and expensive.
    I wonder how Rolex would feel that their watches are being used to sell higher priced rival watches? Can understand them saying you need to buy a white gold Daydate as it keeps the money in house but not another company..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I wonder how Rolex would feel that their watches are being used to sell higher priced rival watches? Can understand them saying you need to buy a white gold Daydate as it keeps the money in house but not another company..
    Exactly the same way they feel about warranty cards being retained, bracelets being sized, watches being de-stickered etc.

Craftsman
    A shop in Glasgow Argyll Arcade today had 2x pepsi, 1x Hulk and a BNLR in stock today and likely have them for a while given the prices of between £12k-£15.5k. I think it was called Jewellery Cube. I think one of the pepsi dials had a year date of 1966 next to it. One with a faded bezel.
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 6th May 2019 at 21:01.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Exactly the same way they feel about warranty cards being retained, bracelets being sized, watches being de-stickered etc.
    Is this warranty card thing really happening? 🙃

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast3d View Post
    Is this warranty card thing really happening? 
    Most definitely in the West Midlands. In one Independent AD and a large chain they certainly hold onto them (while you enquire they just drop in about the warranty card thingy) cant imagine the stickers will remain either. As for sizing ‘what happens if you buy the Rolex as a gift for someone?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast3d View Post
    Is this warranty card thing really happening? 🙃
    Yes it is commonplace now

Master
    I got the warranty card with my last Rolex purchase, about 6 weeks ago. Maybe as I am well known as a regular buyer to the AD.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bought two watches recently. One was my second purchase and the card was held for two months. The other was a first purchase and card held for one year. Most stickers removed, no resizing done as didn't need it to fit my fat wrist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    A shop in Glasgow Argyll Arcade today had 2x pepsi, 1x Hulk and a BNLR in stock today and likely have them for a while given the prices of between £12k-£15.5k. I think it was called Jewellery Cube. I think one of the pepsi dials had a year date of 1966 next to it. One with a faded bezel.
    Service hands on the 66 and an 'inclusion' in the plexi...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I got the warranty card with my last Rolex purchase, about 6 weeks ago. Maybe as I am well known as a regular buyer to the AD.

Was that before or after Basel?

I may be wrong but I get the impression that Rolex spoke to AD's over there as quite a few ore have now implemented the holding back of warranty cards since then, even to long standing customers.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Theres a 16760 in the window of banks Lyon in Lancaster.
    Case is nice and sharp, lovely patina on the indices and hands.
    Bracelet utterly shagged. 8250

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Was that before or after Basel?

I may be wrong but I get the impression that Rolex spoke to AD's over there as quite a few ore have now implemented the holding back of warranty cards since then, even to long standing customers.
    I got it at the end of March AFAIR.

Michael Spiers Plymouth have a new 2019 two-tone Sea Dweller (126603) in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Michael Spiers Plymouth have a new 2019 two-tone Sea Dweller (126603) in the window.
    Blimey!!

But having said that my SS Pepsi was on display in a case (inside the store) too for a few hours until I picked it up...