closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Apprentice
    In the last few days I rang every AD in the greater Lomdon area and not one said that they had a 39mm Oyster Perpetual in stock!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHalfMeasures View Post
    In the last few days I rang every AD in the greater Lomdon area and not one said that they had a 39mm Oyster Perpetual in stock!
    Best to try outside London.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Best to try outside London.
    Where would be likely? Any particularly good ADs elsewhere?

Craftsman
    Plenty of English market towns have Rolex ADs that the tourists can't reach. Take a train one hour out of London and you have more choice.

Master
    There is the new explorer at westfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont really know what people expect asking about one of the most desirable watches on the market at a Canary Wharf AD, probably the first dealer in the whole of the UK to run out of stock of any Rolex and the rest of the inner M25 isnt far behind.

As for the ceramic Daytona, they are out there but you just have to pay over the odds, I can see one now at a respected dealer, black dial, brand new for just under 15K.

The long waiting lists are lots about the mystique of owning a desired piece and making the customer feel special, you get told 7 years, 18 months later you get a call, we have had Joe bloggs drop out and thought we would call our prefered customers first for refusal, the customer is eating out their hand before they see the watch and hopefully many more sales will follow from you..

Journeyman
    Similar business model to Porsche GT/limited run cars; waiting lists and customer 'vetting'

Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Agreed

Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

It's a watch FFS.
    Do you not think that from a pure business angle this is a good way to get customer loyalty though? If you buy a new watch every year or so and use the AD to get them back to Rolex for services, then you must develop a loyalty towards that AD and what would cement that further than being offered something rare (or the opportunity to be on the shortlist for something rare) as a reward?

I know that the Daytona has always been on a waiting list so it seems like market manipulation, but the one I think could have been an accident initially is the BLNR. A friend bought one when they first came out (no trouble getting hold of them back then he said) and he said he wanted a GMT but hated the way that the ceramic bezel looked on the other models. Same seems to be the case for many people as you can easily find the other colour combinations in windows. So now I guess that Rolex are continuing to produce to just undercut market demand because this idea of a watch as an investment must fuel demand.

Agreed that the whole thing is ruddy weird: but they clearly know what they're doing as the majority of new models get uglier and more gauche with every release (for other markets I suppose) and yet I still see a fair number on the sort of wealthy chap who can get on the shortlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???
    In Tibet?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Cool DZZZZZZZZZZZZT

Ooops... sorry.

The shortage is currently mainly due to supply and everyone in the world coming to the UK to buy our luxury goods at the most discounted prices in the world. This will not change till all the prices go up and then they will be available again as before, with only the rarer models still being scarce.

Master

Deep Blue Premium

Just stopped on a cruise in Gibraltar and wandered into AD on off chance a Deep Blue might be lurking.

Yes they have one, not on display, but at £10,900. Didn't think a AD could grey market their own stock, nice work if you can get it. Girl serving was almost worth the premium though; blimey!

Had loads of other good stuff in stock but didn't even bother with the D question at those mark ups

Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    Just stopped on a cruise in Gibraltar and wandered into AD on off chance a Deep Blue might be lurking.

Yes they have one, not on display, but at £10,900. Didn't think a AD could grey market their own stock, nice work if you can get it. Girl serving was almost worth the premium though; blimey!

Had loads of other good stuff in stock but didn't even bother with the D question at those mark ups
    She is the owner (or rather part of the family of the owners) last time I chatted to her she said she gets a new daytona in about one a month.... with a waiting list of about 20 people

They just have such a high turnover they can get hold of anything they want and charge what they want to as their family have been the main dealer for over 50 years now they have a very good relationship with the factory
    They have no competition in the area
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 17th October 2016 at 14:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    She is the owner (or rather part of the family of the owners) last time I chatted to her she said she gets a new daytona in about one a month.... with a waiting list of about 20 people

They just have such a high turnover they can get hold of anything they want and charge what they want to as their family have been the main dealer for over 50 years now they have a very good relationship with the factory
    They have no competition in the area
    Not sure how an AD gets away with it, although I'd let her away with murder.never seen so much flesh on show in any watch shop, distracted me from the extensive collection and that takes some doing!

Master
    Not sure how an AD gets away with it, although I'd let her away with murder.never seen so much flesh on show in any watch shop, distracted me from the extensive collection and that takes some doing!
    I bet you it doesn't.
    Pretty face,cleavage and a shapely ass in a tight dress.Job done-distracted you are.

And she is a watch nut too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I bet you it doesn't.
    Pretty face,cleavage and a shapely ass in a tight dress.Job done-distracted you are.
    Jesus, any photos of this woman?
    I feel like a trip to Gibraltar.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Jesus, any photos of this woman?
    I feel like a trip to Gibraltar.......
    I bet you it doesn't.
    Hood, you've described her very well! One for the Boy's Room.

go to somewhere like Rome and most women dress like that - its a mediterranean thing...

anyhow you should have let me know you were in the area and I would have sent you to my mates second hand shop....

Master
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    go to somewhere like Rome and most women dress like that - its a mediterranean thing...

anyhow you should have let me know you were in the area and I would have sent you to my mates second hand shop....
    Thanks, wasn't really planning on watch shopping but thought a Deep Blue might fill a gap in the collection if at list price unfortunately not to be, also tried in Cadiz today without luck.
    I'm meant to be slimming down the collection but the occassioal itch needs scratching!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, wasn't really planning on watch shopping but thought a Deep Blue might fill a gap in the collection if at list price unfortunately not to be, also tried in Cadiz today without luck.
    I'm meant to be slimming down the collection but the occassioal itch needs scratching!
    Oh well if you're stopping in Galicia (Vigo or A Coruña or somewhere like that) you might have better luck they're used to selling to the shipping industry that bring the oil over from south america etc...

Michael Spiers Plymouth has a Sub C ND for £5k, inside the showroom not the window. Correct as of 3pm

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHalfMeasures View Post
    Rolex AD in Westfield Stratford City had a few in the window couple of days back. I'd be surprised if they were sold already. Give them a call

Craftsman

Air King

Michael Jones (Banbury) has the new Air King in the window. Not sure if it's particularly hard to find, just that I've not seen it there before. Plus the usual OPs, Sea Dweller, DSSD (black only!) and DateJusts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I was in my AD today & they had these in the window. I don't know whether these versions are particularly hard to come by or not?

Last edited by trident-7; 24th October 2016 at 15:29.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I was in my AD today & they had these in the window. I don't know whether these versions are particularly hard to come by or not?

Available everywhere and you can get discounts on it too.

Sub ND in Lunns Belfast (Queens Arcade branch) at lunchtime today.

Journeyman
    Cavendish jewellers in Stonegate in York had a Hulk yesterday at £5,850 for a 2011 model. Only viewed through the window so didn't get a good sense of condition but looked fine. Cheaper than the £6,500 Watchfinder Leeds were asking for a 2010 model that I tried on there recently.
    Last edited by Yorky; 26th October 2016 at 16:11.

Craftsman
    I am on the waiting list for a Rolex bi colour rose gold yacht master. AD has called me to say I am first on the list however I am not in a position to buy now

If anyone is looking for one let me know. Would probably have to pick it up myself otherwise they would just call the next person on the list

Andy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Plenty of English market towns have Rolex ADs that the tourists can't reach. Take a train one hour out of London and you have more choice.
    Quite. But the local dealers prefer to sell locally, to maintain business. No repeat business in selling to a tourist.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Barcelona yesterday...

Nice display but unless you have euros these are too much.

Master
    Just seen a new Explorer with longer minute hand in Whittles Preston. I know these were hard to find a few weeks ago but not sure what supply is like now.

Mark

Master
    Bit further afield than most but Dubai Duty Free yesterday had at least 2xBLNR, one at A gates watch store and another at the B gate equivalent. Lots of other models as well as you would expect. Price for the BLNR was just under 29,000 AED as I recall so approx £6500 prior to visiting the customs person on your return-not cheap!!

Master
    €6000 for an EXP-39? That's just bonkers

Blog Entries
    SD4000 and white gold Daytona in Northampton

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    I am on the waiting list for a Rolex bi colour rose gold yacht master. AD has called me to say I am first on the list however I am not in a position to buy now

If anyone is looking for one let me know. Would probably have to pick it up myself otherwise they would just call the next person on the list

Andy

What's the list price on this?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    What's the list price on this?
    £9350

Master
    I'd suggest we limit this thread to the UK. ADs have most models aplenty pretty much everywhere else in the world. In Singapore I could go out and happily buy two of any Rolex model tomorrow.

The reason that this thread was started was that UK ADs are utterly out of stock, because the GBP (and consequently the comparable international price of UK Rolexes) is so low.

This is uniquely a problem in the UK. No need to take photos and post them here every time someone sees a bleedin Submariner in Bahrain.
    Last edited by ddm27; 28th October 2016 at 17:27.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post
    I'd suggest we limit this thread to the UK. ADs have most models aplenty pretty much everywhere else in the world. In Singapore I could go out and happily buy two of any Rolex model tomorrow.

The reason that this thread was started was that UK ADs are utterly out of stock, because the GBP (and consequently the comparable international price of UK Rolexes) is so low.

This is uniquely a problem in the UK. No need to take photos and post them here every time someone sees a bleedin Submariner in Bahrain.
    Totally agree. Lets stick to UK stock otherwise its pointless. Its not that these watches are RARE and hard to get. Its just hard to buy AT RETAIL in the UK.

£9350
    Gulp

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Gulp
    It will be 10% dearer come Tuesday so might be a good chance to buy it lol

Quote Originally Posted by ddm27 View Post

Couldn't agree more.

There's a DSSD black dial at Mappin & Webb in Chester, I believe. It may not be in the window, but they had one around lunch time today.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a DSSD black dial at Mappin & Webb in Chester, I believe. It may not be in the window, but they had one around lunch time today.

Journeyman
    I was in Manchester most of this week. DMR, M&W nor Goldsmiths in the Trafford Centre had any stainless pro models on display. Rockefeller's had one GMTIIc LN in the window but no price shown. I don't understnd why Rolex are apparently happy to lose sales to other manufacturers.

Craftsman
    Westfield Stratford just now. Only Explorer II white and Milgauss blue in the vitrine. But nice selection of Tudor including all the new black bays and the black bay bronze. The new black bays look really nice and at £2510,are not bad value.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by dabear View Post
    Westfield Stratford just now. Only Explorer II white and Milgauss blue in the vitrine. But nice selection of Tudor including all the new black bays and the black bay bronze. The new black bays look really nice and at £2510,are not bad value.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Woahhh...they have BB Bronze in the window & I'm registered on their waiting list! I'll be down there in the morning having a scream up!

I was in a provincial shopping mall (Cambridge) this weekend and the jewellers had some Rolex watches in their window.

Hope that helps.

Charles Fox in Bournemouth had a blue Milguass and Pepsi GMT as of yesterday - don't think the Mil is as sought after these days, but not sure about the Pepsi?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Miocene View Post
    Charles Fox in Bournemouth had a blue Milguass and Pepsi GMT as of yesterday - don't think the Mil is as sought after these days, but not sure about the Pepsi?
    Only if you've got a spare 25k!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycey View Post
    Woahhh...they have BB Bronze in the window & I'm registered on their waiting list! I'll be down there in the morning having a scream up!
    That's very poor form on the shop's behalf. Hope you get a good result.

Craftsman
    Is it worth buying a Sub date in black at todays prices?? Decisions decisions

Thing is I`ve got a green