closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Journeyman
    Bullring Goldsmiths always seems to have an Explorer on display whenever I walk past, give them a call.

I was speaking to the Fraser Hart store manager in Solihull over the weekend, had a short but pleasant chat with him and not the usual brushed off responses most get from ADís. They have received 5 Pepsi GMTís since they were released this year, which is actually more than I was expecting

Craftsman
    Surely people who really want a Daytona would just bite the bullet and pay the premium from a grey dealer , who would wait 5 years or more , or buy £50000 of unwanted watches.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantastic View Post
    Need an Explorer for xmas!! Anybody in Bham or Manchester Liverpool could please pm me if they see one....thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had a watch regulated by Mappin & Webb last week and casually enquired about the availability of a Rolex Explorer. They said they could likely get me one quite quickly if I wanted one. I guess they draw on group stock, which includes Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland. So my top tip is don't wait to see one, go in and ask!

Ant

Journeyman
    Mappin and Webb Chester have a bi metal sub in the window today.. just arrived and available

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Enquired about a new Daytona and said it was a 7 year wait
    But then there's the usual 'do lists exist'/'do "good" customers get preference' overlay.

I hope that you put your name down and took a note of the name of the person you dealt with. The years will fly by.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I had a watch regulated by Mappin & Webb last week and casually enquired about the availability of a Rolex Explorer. They said they could likely get me one quite quickly if I wanted one. I guess they draw on group stock, which includes Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland. So my top tip is don't wait to see one, go in and ask!

Ant
    There was one in the window of Goldsmiths in Leeds yesterday afternoon along with a GMT LN (which I have seen some chancers trying to sell at a premium on eBay).

EDIT: This clown asking £7,000 for a 2012!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-GMT...I/273599383469
    Last edited by David_D; 7th December 2018 at 18:42.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    But then there's the usual 'do lists exist'/'do "good" customers get preference' overlay.

I hope that you put your name down and took a note of the name of the person you dealt with. The years will fly by.
    The local AD says ten years...and he's wearing a new ceramic Daytona, so he must have been very patient.

Journeyman
    This is what I hate about this..its created and nurtured an attitude in the AD outlets also..
    There is a Yachtmaster a Mil and a Airking in Chester... nearly went for the air king but cant convince myself on the 5 10 3 20 25 6 erc etc
    Looks pointless

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The local AD says ten years
    Probably get to year 9 and they lose their dealership. How annoying would that be?!

Journeyman
    Lovely explorer 1, steel yacht master and Milgauss in Harrods

Craftsman
    No Sports watches at LHR T2 just now. OP36 in Blue and Rhodium if youíre after one

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app