closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hugofount View Post
    Am in the Algarve, just one AD and they had quite a selection: sub date, sub no date, black gmt, white explorer, yachtmaster, yachtmaster 2. And not a Rolex, but even a steel nautilus in the window.
    What sort of prices?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by figureeight View Post
    What sort of prices?
    Not sure on the steels im afraid, I’m on the hunt for a hulk or deep sea blue so we only really looked at a moonphase Cellini and the rose gold yachtmaster on rubber. They were each around €21-23k for reference before discussing discounts which would have been offered at somewhere between 5 and 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by hugofount View Post
    Am in the Algarve, just one AD and they had quite a selection: sub date, sub no date, black gmt, white explorer, yachtmaster, yachtmaster 2. And not a Rolex, but even a steel nautilus in the window.
    A steel Nautilus, in a shop window, wow that’s a rarity. How much was it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    May have been the mid size

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    I'm going to Dubai later in the year, whats RRP over there?

RRPs on both of the watches I saw were around £300 higher than in the U.K.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    May have been the mid size
    Yep I believe so, didn’t get the price I’m afraid as it wasn’t displayed and I’m not in the market for a Patek at the moment. One day though hopefully.

Journeyman
    If anyone’s interested in an Explorer I, Explorer II white, Explorer II black, air king, Milgauss ZBlue or YM40, its a bonanza in central London at the moment.

Master
    Nothing stainless steel but a black and a blue dial Milgauss in my local AD, as of yesterday ....

Master
    I saw a SubC in an AD window in Alassio, Italy last week. They had quite a few other sports models as well.

Craftsman
    Just had a call from my AD. Could get my hands on a Sub Date.
    Not wanting it myself but anyone on here fancy it??
    Sorry to say this watch has now gone from the AD.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SiSetts; 28th June 2018 at 17:24.

Master
    Black dial explorer 2 in goldsmiths leicester highcross

Edit: if anyone is after one of these I’m happy to purchase and send on
    Last edited by Hooshabak; 30th June 2018 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    There was a white one in the window of MS in Truro avalible , a little while ago, I did a heads up on the Patek thread and one of the chaps came down from London to get it. It was when list was approx 17.5k.

Spoken to a few people in the know since and a chap in another AD who said you should have bought that you would have made a good return. Umm, not my thing to be fair, fine with others doing it but was happy to do a heads up.

Chap said fair play, that is what we like to hear.

Another, shop knew I did a heads up on a sub date, sub Nd and a black blue gmt in there window last year, I know one of the forum drove down and got the gmt at list he was after. Shop was fine when I popped in a few weeks later, I did ask them if I were happy with a heads up post, they were cool.

Speaking to someone in a AD a while back, they get people ringing all day asking what stainless sports have you got, they do not do lists for people they do not know who have not bought from them in less they seem genuine and look to build a future buying relationship.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Black dial explorer 2 in goldsmiths leicester highcross

Edit: if anyone is after one of these I’m happy to purchase and send on
    Is that the one one SC?

Master
    Explorer 1 at H L Brown in Sheffield. Was on hold for moi but I don’t have the funds just now unless I sell my Speedy Tuesday. I can’t decide if it’s worth doing or not

In Glasgow if anyone’s interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post

In Glasgow if anyone’s interested.

£13k! Wow is that what these are pulling second hand now!!

Someone has done a WTB for one of these this morning. I will cross reference it.

Craftsman
    Polar explorer 2 in DMR Canary Wharf, along with all the other usual suspects.

D-Blue in Charles Fish, Chelmsford if anyone wants one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm after a Milgauss Z-Blue if anyone spots one.

Thanks

Gary

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post

Thanks

Gary
    Try calling Wempe in London. They always seem to be well stocked with Milgauss and AK

Craftsman

Thanks

Gary
    Pretty sure there was one in the window of David Robinson in Canary Wharf when I went in earlier today.

Apprentice

Thanks

Gary
    Mappin & Webb on Fenchurch Street London had one last week.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyp View Post
    Mappin & Webb on Fenchurch Street London had one last week.

Ta.. will give them a ring!

Master
    Explorer, Airking and the new OP 39mm in black and white at Charles Fox in Bournemouth.

Thanks

Gary
    One in the window of Fraser Hart in Kingston just the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    One in the window of Fraser Hart in Kingston just the other day.
    Still there now. They have a ND Sub too as long as you are a repeat customer spending a decent amount (it's not in the window). Explorer is in window as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Still there now. They have a ND Sub too as long as you are a repeat customer spending a decent amount (it's not in the window). Explorer is in window as well
    I've been told on several occasions that their ND Sub list is infinitely long and I couldn't possibly be placed on it.

So either there is no list and they're all saved for their mates, or even those on the fabled list still don't get a sniff at half the stock that comes in. And no, I don't know why I am complaining like this is news

Craftsman

New thread

We could maybe start a new thread, unworn brand new Rolex professional in secondary market dealers window or online shop with no waiting!

As been stated many times on this thread, Milgauss, Explorer and Yachtmaster not a difficult pick up from any AD and even less so from a secondary dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    I've been told on several occasions that their ND Sub list is infinitely long and I couldn't possibly be placed on it.

So either there is no list and they're all saved for their mates, or even those on the fabled list still don't get a sniff at half the stock that comes in. And no, I don't know why I am complaining like this is news
    Maybe you haven't spent a lot there recently? I could have walked out with one yesterday.

Master
    Maybe you haven't spent a lot there recently? I could have walked out with one yesterday.
    I haven’t spent a penny with them. But I’ve asked to be placed on a list in order to spend several pennies and they’ve refused me. I don’t mind going to the back of the list, I didn’t ask for any special treatment.

My point is that it seems that it doesn’t matter if you’re on a list anyway, because they’re holding them back. If I had been important enough to have crawled my way to the top of the list, hearing that they’ve got one sat in the safe would be somewhat frustrating.

Master
    I haven’t spent a penny with them. But I’ve asked to be placed on a list in order to spend several pennies and they’ve refused me. I don’t mind going to the back of the list, I didn’t ask for any special treatment.

My point is that it seems that it doesn’t matter if you’re on a list anyway, because they’re holding them back. If I had been important enough to have crawled my way to the top of the list, hearing that they’ve got one sat in the safe would be somewhat frustrating.
    Maybe knowing how hard they are to get, they’ll only sell them to existing customers regardless of asking to go on a list or not? Maybe quite a few AD’s won’t sell professional SS Rolex to people who haven’t bought before? It will change but in the current climate not for some time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I keep saying I don’t like Rolex, but if I had the money I would buy that Rolex Cellini moonphase on the sales corner without hesitation.
    It Stands out a mile compared to the standard fare and to my eye it oozes class.

If anyone is in Funchal, Madeira the AD there has a no date Sub in the window. It’s listed as reserved but I got the impression that it could be available.
    Also had a BB GMT in which was also reserved but was able to try. Confirmed my view that it’s a much nicer watch than the new Rolex GMT. This one wasn’t available but they could get me one in within a few days. It’s nice but not worth paying £600 over UK list for when I think these will be readily available very soon.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    If anyone is in Funchal, Madeira the AD there has a no date Sub in the window. It’s listed as reserved but I got the impression that it could be available.
    Also had a BB GMT in which was also reserved but was able to try. Confirmed my view that it’s a much nicer watch than the new Rolex GMT. This one wasn’t available but they could get me one in within a few days. It’s nice but not worth paying £600 over UK list for when I think these will be readily available very soon.
    I bought a BLNR from this AD earlier this year. It wasn't on display, I just asked and they produced one that was 'reserved'.

Gmt master 2 in the window of Maplin & Webb Chester now. Warranty card will be kept.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I keep saying I don’t like Rolex, but if I had the money I would buy that Rolex Cellini moonphase on the sales corner without hesitation.
    It Stands out a mile compared to the standard fare and to my eye it oozes class.
    All of the modern Cellinis exude class; they all have the same solid gold case, same basic design and just offer different complications. My favourite is the dual-time. Lovely on the wrist.
    But, fatally for the forums, they're not 'sports watches.'

Master
    Blog Entries

Choice is spend lots of €€$$€ on watches you don’t really want (at inflated prices that drop the minute you buy) in order to buy a “rare one” at list

Or

Pay over rrp from grey or second hand.

I suspect what ever over the RRP the second options costs that it will be less than the ££££ wasted pursuing option 1.

Still there in the window today.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Gmt master 2 in the window of Maplin & Webb Chester now. Warranty card will be kept.
    Thanks for this info. Unfortunately I was too late and it has long gone. I do appreciate people contributing to this thread :-)
    Last edited by beechcustom; 12th August 2018 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Thanks for this info. Unfortunately I was too late and it has long gone. I do appreciate people contributing to this thread :-)
    Shame. What time did you get there? I posted on here as soon as it went in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Shame. What time did you get there? I posted on here as soon as it went in the window.
    I rang earlier today with the intention of BACS then collecting it this afternoon in the unlikely event that it was still there. Cheers anyway!

Master
    Both Milgauss models and white explorer 2 in Heathrow T5. Appreciate these are getable elsewhere, but not at this price if flying internationally.

I'm in Dubai and stopped into the Dubai mall yesterday. The only sports models they had were an Explorer I and Z-blue Milgauss. They also had a black dial steel skydweller in stock which I was surprised by. All prices were roughly 8% over uk RRP.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    RRPs on both of the watches I saw were around £300 higher than in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    I'm in Dubai and stopped into the Dubai mall yesterday. The only sports models they had were an Explorer I and Z-blue Milgauss. They also had a black dial steel skydweller in stock which I was surprised by. All prices were roughly 8% over uk RRP.
    Was this the Skydweller? I'm quite tempted by one:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/sky-dw...6934-0005.html

The unified Rolex in the window thread

It might not be the right thread for this post, but I just saw these in the window of a Swiss shop ... Mostly second hand stuff of course, but still interesting, even if just to compare prices between CH and the UK. I understand prices are somewhat negotiable.

CHF1 = GBP.79
    “Nuovo”= new
    “Occasione” = used

Last edited by o u t a t i m e; 14th August 2018 at 16:09.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    It might not be the right thread for this post, but I just saw these in the window of a Swiss shop ... Mostly second hand stuff of course, but still interesting, even if just to compare prices between CH and the UK. I understand prices are somewhat negotiable.

CHF1 = GBP.79
    “Nuovo”= new
    “Occasione” = used

Now that’s a selection

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Damn Tapatalk

Yes that’s the skydweller
    Last edited by WhopperSenior; 14th August 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Ignore

Very tasty Mark 1 Explorer there with the straight seconds hand.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Very tasty Mark 1 Explorer there with the straight seconds hand.
    For some reason it reminds me of the dreadnaught!

Stunning watch though