closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

There’s a freshly serviced, 2007 16610 submariner in Brufords in Eastbourne at £6k if anyone’s looking for one!

Master

Schiphol today.

Hulk and BLNR were being sold as I passed. They still had a couple of sub dates.

Craftsman
    Dawson Jewellers in Dublin have four second hand GMT Masters in their window, two Batmans, one Pepsi and a rootbeer. They also have a second hand stainless steel date Sub.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Schiphol today.

Hulk and BLNR were being sold as I passed. They still had a couple of sub dates.
    Is that the new TT Rose Gold GMT second from right?

Master
    Blog Entries
    nope its a yachtmaster

Apprentice
    Wonderful 116613ln kicking around in the window at Prestons Guildford.

Stumbled across it on my quest to find a non date sub 114060. Anyone seen any of these recently?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pj196 View Post
    Wonderful 116613ln kicking around in the window at Prestons Guildford.

Stumbled across it on my quest to find a non date sub 114060. Anyone seen any of these recently?
    There's also one in the window of Mappin and Webb Cambridge last week. Gone now so may have sold, but last time I went past there was still a two-tone GMT.

Explorer 1 in the window of Goldsmiths in Meadowhall today

New to this not seen before thread and not really a rollie savant, but for what it's worth, there were 4 Daytona's, an Air King and a couple of yacht masters in the window of Rolex at Siam Paragon Mall and Department Store in central Bangkok today. I'll take a pic next time I'm in town in 2/3 weeks!

I only looked because I am keen to see the lesser spotted blue dialled yacht master in the flesh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Caller View Post
    New to this not seen before thread and not really a rollie savant, but for what it's worth, there were 4 Daytona's, an Air King and a couple of yacht masters in the window of Rolex at Siam Paragon Mall and Department Store in central Bangkok today. I'll take a pic next time I'm in town in 2/3 weeks!

I only looked because I am keen to see the lesser spotted blue dialled yacht master in the flesh.
    Unlikely they will be the stainless steel versions. There's TT Daytonas and YM in my local AD - not hard to get.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caller View Post

So if that’s Midas Time it will be precious metal Daytona in the window but they categorically will have a few SS Daytona available, it’s just that you have to know the right people to get one. White dial will be particularly available. That’s one of the ADs where I was getting my hard to source Rolexes fromand am trying to source another for a member here. It’s just that 4 Daytonas in 3.5 years is looking a bit dodgy Particularly as they are supposed to source me a Pepsi GMT for July.

The other handy AD is in Central Festival in Chiang Mai but again - ya gotta know people.

Btw thai prices will be more expensive even at RRP than UK, plus then you WILL have to pay VAT in the UK (the Thai authorities share the VAT details with the UK authorities now when you fill in the paperwork you use to get a VAT refund at the airport) so at the end of the day you will pay 21% more on average than UK prices - it’s just that for some folk it’s worth the premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unified Rolex in the window thread

This is in the window in Sandton City:

In fact plenty more:

Last edited by willie_gunn; 6th May 2018 at 11:13.

Master

Like most displays. PM pieces with a few bi-metals and the odd SS.

SS Sub and Pepsi GMT.

Numerous Explorer and Explorer II’s as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Is that Sandton in Joberg?

Is that Sandton in Joberg?
    Indeed.

Being a Sunday there’s also a “flea mart”, though any flea mart with several vintage Rolexes, IWC’s, JLC’s and others is not the same as flea markets back home!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Indeed.

Being a Sunday there’s also a “flea mart”, though any flea mart with several vintage Rolexes, IWC’s, JLC’s and others is not the same as flea markets back home!
    You be careful with any nice watches in that town!

You be careful with any nice watches in that town!
    If I’m wandering around I will just be wearing my Hamilton beater!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Btw thai prices will be more expensive even at RRP than UK, plus then you WILL have to pay VAT in the UK (the Thai authorities share the VAT details with the UK authorities now when you fill in the paperwork you use to get a VAT refund at the airport) so at the end of the day you will pay 21% more on average than UK prices - it’s just that for some folk it’s worth the premium.
    I'm always in the various watch stores when in Bkk (quite regular as my missus works there) so pretty clued up about prices. My favourite AD is PMT opposite Rolex at Paragon (where I bought my Chopard). I only look at Rolex to tot up the score on sports watches I see at the various AD's and boutiques in Bangkok, when they seem as rare as hens teeth in the UK - and in the forlorn hope of seeing the blue yachtmaster.

And as I live here, I sadly don't qualify for a VAT refund. But as VAT is much less in Thailand, wouldn't it be worth foregoing the VAT refund before heading home?

Craftsman
    In the VERY unlikely occurrence that anyone knows of a 114060 at a UK AD i would be eternally grateful for a PM!

Indeed.

Do you mean the market in Rosebank? Or is there one in Sandton? Whereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by himpossible View Post
    Do you mean the market in Rosebank? Or is there one in Sandton? Whereabouts?
    In Sandton City mall. The stands are on the lower level. The only way I can describe where it is, is that if you walk from the robots on the corner of Maude Street there are some steps on the left hand side that take you up to Nelson Mandela Square. At the top of the steps don’t take the escalator straight ahead, but bear slightly left and then walk up the steps. This brings you into the mall and the flea mart is just there. There is a stand with vintage watches. Sadly I didn’t grab the guys card.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 9th May 2018 at 18:17.

In Sandton City mall. The stands are on the lower level. The only way I can describe where it is, is that if you walk from the robots on the corner of Maude Street there are some steps on the left hand side that take you up to Nelson Mandela Square. At the top of the steps don’t take the escalator straight ahead, but bear slightly left and then walk up the steps. This brings you into the mall and the flea mart is just there. There is a stand with vintage watches. Sadly I didn’t grab the guys card.
    Thanks Willie, I'll check it out this weekend.

I have recently bought some Rolex from Worlds Finest Watches in the square and Arthur Kaplan in the main mall (both part of the same group).

Not sure if it’s on every weekend or not, but was certainly there last Sunday. I was surprised how many Rolex were available “off the shelf” but I am guessing the exchange rate explains a lot of that.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I hate all these Rolex threads.

But I thought if you cant beat them join them so I went for a little ride around Stratford on Avon and visited some shops,I found 3 in close proximity to each other with a good selection.

I found all the watches you seem to like 60s GMT with faded bezel,a 70s version and yet another with an all black bezel.
    White and black faced Daytona’s etc.etc.please excuse me if I described them wrong.

I tried lots on and tried very hard to like them I failed they left me cold.

I tried other vintage brands on which I did like and one very old white dialled small Rolex I liked [but struggled to read the dial].

So it’s back to my IWC for me for now

If you hate all of these Rolex threads then why read and comment on them. No one cares about your iwc either. Maybe start a thread on where people can buy them from instead.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The idea was you might be interested in theses watches even if I wasn’t and I was telling you where they where.

Master
    Just to annoy everyone, this was some of the selection on sale at the Aurum event last night... Bit of a bun-fight with people trying to get their names on a watch first and the AD staff only had 10mins warning that they could sell the watches from the current range that were on display! I just missed out on the No-date Sub apparently. I was told this is harder to get than the date version at the moment, typically 18 months wait (though the ADs said they never really know what's coming month to month). They also had a GMT BLNR, all versions of the Explorer, Deep Sea (black and the Cameron edition) some Milgauss variants etc. All gone within 5mins or so.

Ant

Geez I bet that hulk didn’t last long.

Master
    None of them did. Incidentally I noticed at least 4 Hulks being worn by other guests last night...

Craftsman
    What happened to the warranty cards for the watches, lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    What happened to the warranty cards for the watches, lol
    Retained by the AD for 12 months of course. What did you expect?!

Ant

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    Retained by the AD for 12 months of course. What did you expect?!

Ant
    I was supposed to go last night but got stuck on the M6 coming home from work for 3 hours DOH

Did you try the new Pepsi gmt on ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawbreaker5000 View Post
    I was supposed to go last night but got stuck on the M6 coming home from work for 3 hours DOH

Did you try the new Pepsi gmt on ?
    I had a good luck but didn’t try on due to the orderly queue. However it did look far better than I imagined. Unfortunately I’d rarely use the GMT function and tend to be drawn to the divers.

Ant

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I had a good luck but didn’t try on due to the orderly queue. However it did look far better than I imagined. Unfortunately I’d rarely use the GMT function and tend to be drawn to the divers.

Ant
    Thanks for the reply.

I know what you mean my first love is always the divers.

I like the Pepsi but not sure about the jubilee.

A white face explorer 2 is in Oxford Goldsmiths today.

Sent from my Bergeon #2834-C using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Bluehase284; 3rd June 2018 at 08:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    A white face explorer is in Oxford Goldsmiths today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    They’re hard to find ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    They’re hard to find ?
    My Mother always told me that sarcasm is the.......
    We all know your thoughts on what Rolex watches should and shouldn't be mentioned on this thread.
    This thread was created for all members to peruse and the clue is in the title!
    If you don't like what you read, move on to the next topic.

I've not seen one in any window for the last year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Deacons in Swindon had an Explorer I and a Millgaus on Friday.

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    They’re hard to find ?
    I appreciate the heads up. Maybe not impossible to find but still nice to know for someone who hasn’t been able to try one. Why don’t you open your own exclusive Rolex thread?

Craftsman
    Explorer I and Milgauss at Geneva airport - no Basel 2018 until August

SDDS black dial and blue gold steel sub on display at whittles preston . Goodluck if anyone interested .

Master
    Sub no date, Black Gmt and bi metal black Gmt in the window at Atlantis, Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Sub no date, Black Gmt and bi metal black Gmt in the window at Atlantis, Dubai.
    I'm going to Dubai later in the year, whats RRP over there?

Journeyman
    Just been walking around Vienna. Slim pickings, but had some Explorer I’s, white Milgauss, white Explorer II.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by figureeight View Post
    Just been walking around Vienna. Slim pickings, but had some Explorer I’s, white Milgauss, white Explorer II.
    Blimey, the Miguass must have been there a while! When was the last production of the white dial? Pity I'm not in Vienna(!), I've thought I could quite fancy a white Milgauss as something a bit different (Rolex wise).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Blimey, the Miguass must have been there a while! When was the last production of the white dial? Pity I'm not in Vienna(!), I've thought I could quite fancy a white Milgauss as something a bit different (Rolex wise).
    My thoughts exactly! Think it must have been late 2016 / some time in 2017...

I have to say, it actually looks really good in person.

Was €7050 at on Kärntner Str. if anyone’s interested. Bit pricey, but there’s surely discount potential there...

Apprentice
    Am in the Algarve, just one AD and they had quite a selection: sub date, sub no date, black gmt, white explorer, yachtmaster, yachtmaster 2. And not a Rolex, but even a steel nautilus in the window.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    I'm going to Dubai later in the year, whats RRP over there?
    About 10% higher than the UK.