Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Apologies you’re right, Date just 31!

This one but with a grape dial, which I can’t find on the Rolex website

https://www.rolex.com/watches/config...8240-0013/dial
    Even the list prices are crazy!!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    @RJM25R

Did you buy it?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Need pics of you in that wearing a white Calvin Klein jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Winning comment.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Hard to feel sorry for having that problem as a sales person ….
    It is a struggle to see how hard it could be compared to many other occupations.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 26th August 2021 at 16:00.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    @RJM25R

Did you buy it?

No, tried it and it felt too small. Walked round for half an hour and went back for another look but it was gone.

He he he!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No, tried it and it felt too small. Walked round for half an hour and went back for another look but it was gone.

He he he!!!
    I assume not the CK jacket

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I assume not the CK jacket
    :-)

What was the RRP? Watch Centre have one for £11,250..

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    What was the RRP? Watch Centre have one for £11,250..
    £8700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Dodged a bullet there, unless you were planning to try and flip it.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Dodged a bullet there, unless you were planning to try and flip it.
    I initially ridiculed it, but on reflection I think it's one of the nicer looking 2-tone Rolex's to be honest. Everyone (myself included) complained that a 2-tone made no sense for an 'Explorer' themed watch, but then it doesn't make any less sense than a 2-tone Sub or Sea Dweller really.

Now don't all rush out at once... but I saw this today at Bluewater.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Now don't all rush out at once... but I saw this today at Bluewater.

Damn was at Bluewater today very busy and first time out with the little one wear everyone was pretty much maskless. Forgot to check out M&W

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Was in Goldsmiths at Trafford today and although they had little to nothing in, I was surprised when I enquired about a WG blue dialled Daytona and he said he'd pop my name down as they did get them through fairly regularly. Put my name down for a 36mm DJ with Wimbledon dial, fluted bezel and oyster bracelet. We'll see. A shop accross the way, I forget its name had EVERY hot Rolex in the window. It was nice to see them all together. Never owned a Sky-Dweller no tried one on. The blue looked very nice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    Was in Goldsmiths at Trafford today and although they had little to nothing in, I was surprised when I enquired about a WG blue dialled Daytona and he said he'd pop my name down as they did get them through fairly regularly. Put my name down for a 36mm DJ with Wimbledon dial, fluted bezel and oyster bracelet. We'll see. A shop accross the way, I forget its name had EVERY hot Rolex in the window. It was nice to see them all together. Never owned a Sky-Dweller no tried one on. The blue looked very nice.
    “Watches by TimePiece” I think it’s called pal!

Master
    BOTB currently have 12 brand new steel sports Rolex to be won inc Batman, Daytona, Deepsea etc, wonder where they get them?

Journeyman
    I initially ridiculed it, but on reflection I think it's one of the nicer looking 2-tone Rolex's to be honest. Everyone (myself included) complained that a 2-tone made no sense for an 'Explorer' themed watch, but then it doesn't make any less sense than a 2-tone Sub or Sea Dweller really.
    Still can't work out how these 36mm bi metal explorers are selling for above retail! Market is crazy right now

Apparently women's 31mm SS Datejusts with fluted bezels and jubilee bracelets are going for above retail, I enquired with a couple of traders if they could get a discount before purchasing one for my wife from the AD

Journeyman
    A friend of mine is starting his journey as a flipper and has been told by an AD in London that they will only sell him a DJ41 as part of a "package" consisting of an Omega and a Cartier! The plan is two sell the two watches at a loss and DJ41 with a £500 profit to build a relationship with the AD in order to get on the list for SS sports models to flip!

The AD who I've bought two watches from has quoted me a 4 year wait on either a non date / date Submariner!
    Last edited by 25807st; 31st August 2021 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by 25807st View Post
    A friend of mine is starting his journey as a flipper and has been told by Bucherer in Westfield that they will only sell him a DJ41 as part of a "package" consisting of an Omega and a Cartier! The plan is two sell the two watches at a loss and DJ41 with a £500 profit to build a relationship with the AD in order to get on the list for SS sports models to flip!

The AD who I've bought two watches from has quoted me a 4 year wait on either a non date / date Submariner!
    That deal will also end his journey as a flipper - good riddance.

A friend of mine is starting his journey as a flipper and has been told by Bucherer in Westfield that they will only sell him a DJ41 as part of a "package" consisting of an Omega and a Cartier! The plan is two sell the two watches at a loss and DJ41 with a £500 profit to build a relationship with the AD in order to get on the list for SS sports models to flip!

Can i tell you from experience with that specific AD that there will be no SS sports to be had even with significant purchase history. He’s better off just buying what he wants grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    BOTB currently have 12 brand new steel sports Rolex to be won inc Batman, Daytona, Deepsea etc, wonder where they get them?
    Just had a look out of interest on BOTB and if you win the 126610LV you can choose a cash alternative of £6,000 instead.... yeah right!

Craftsman

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    Just had a look out of interest on BOTB and if you win the 126610LV you can choose a cash alternative of £6,000 instead.... yeah right!
    If it’s anything like other similar sites they don’t

They agree a price with a dealer and then buy it if need be but in my experience most people seem to opt for the cash alternative to save aggravation (maybe not £6k tho)

(I’m in no involved with these type of offers)

You don’t think BOTB own all those cars do you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalky

Master
    Blog Entries
    Blue dial datejust 31 in Deacons Swindon

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Blue dial datejust 31 in Deacons Swindon
    Bonkers it’s come to this!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I agree, I only posted as it took some time to hunt something down in 31mm for the Mrs. OPs are even more scarce in that size.

Depending on colour I’ve seen a few 31mm OP’s in windows recently, mainly the starburst pink and black.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post

According to the AD who sold my wife's DJ31 with grey roman numeral dial, the 31mm DJ are fairly popular and can have a wait time, especially the green baton dial which is selling for approx £1k over RRP on the grey market!

Master
    Blog Entries

The unified Rolex in the window thread

According to the AD who sold my wife's DJ31 with grey roman numeral dial, the 31mm DJ are fairly popular and can have a wait time, especially the green baton dial which is selling for approx £1k over RRP on the grey market!
    Some chancer on eBay asking for £10k a while back for a green baton. Cracking watch though and the dial is lovely in the light, my wife loves her’s.
    Rolex are getting a big silly though, £1k extra for the fluted bezel.
    Last edited by Middo; 4th September 2021 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Some chancer on eBay asking for £10k a while back for a green baton. Cracking watch though and the dial is lovely in the light, my wife loves her’s.
    Rolex are getting a big silly though, £1k extra for the fluted bezel.
    Could be worse, if you want one of the 3 hand AP divers in white gold on a rubber bracelet it's an extra £32,400. Doesn't even have a white gold bezel. A lot of money for a case upgrade.

Master
    Picked up a datejust as a birthday gift for my wife today and my AD told me they were about to put ‘most of the sought after SS models in the window’. They were not specific but mentioned ‘GMT’s’ and ‘Daytona’.

Now before we all get excited they are all sold! Why put them out then I asked. ‘To give people a chance to try them on and see if they really do want one’ was the reply. Seems like a reasonable enough thing to do given they apparently contact people who have been on the list for say a DSSD for them to come in and turn it down as it’s too large

Anyway unlike many on here I have a great relationship with my AD, so will give them credit for at least giving people the chance to see if they genuinely want a watch they may never have actually physically handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Picked up a datejust as a birthday gift for my wife today and my AD told me they were about to put ‘most of the sought after SS models in the window’. They were not specific but mentioned ‘GMT’s’ and ‘Daytona’.

Now before we all get excited they are all sold! Why put them out then I asked. ‘To give people a chance to try them on and see if they really do want one’ was the reply. Seems like a reasonable enough thing to do given they apparently contact people who have been on the list for say a DSSD for them to come in and turn it down as it’s too large

Anyway unlike many on here I have a great relationship with my AD, so will give them credit for at least giving people the chance to see if they genuinely want a watch they may never have actually physically handled.
    On the flip side I’m not sure I’d be too happy if loads of people ended up trying on a watch I’d waited 5+ years to receive.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Awful idea - risks some very upset customers for no real good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    On the flip side I’m not sure I’d be too happy if loads of people ended up trying on a watch I’d waited 5+ years to receive.

That's life. Couldn't care less who or how many tried on my watch so long as when it comes to me it's still new, unsized, and has stickers on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    I've seen this done before and they all usually have a "for display only" sign next to them. Won't upset anyone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post

Not sure it would bother me if it was still brand new. My friend was asked if he wanted to try on a Patek at a different AD at the weekend, which he did with absolutely no intention of purchasing so it seems common enough practice.

Get the stickers off, size the bracelets up, get a few micro scratches and grubby fingerprints on them and make them less attractive to the VIP flippers

Master
    Blog Entries
    Being honest if I’d waiting years for a piece and found they let all comers try it on while awaiting pick up, during a pandemic, I’d be pretty pissed. Even moreso as these watches will have likely been fully paid for.

When my Rolex watches have arrived they have taken payment immediately and always told me they are in the safe in the coffin until I get here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Being honest if I’d waiting years for a piece and found they let all comers try it on while awaiting pick up, during a pandemic, I’d be pretty pissed. Even moreso as these watches will have likely been fully paid for.

When my Rolex watches have arrived they have taken payment immediately and always told me they are in the safe in the coffin until I get here.
    Back in the day when you could buy out of the window did it bother you then? I know the pandemic offers another argument but if you purchased a watch out of the window now would it still be a problem?

In terms of waiting, I saved up, or in other words waited a good few years before I got my first Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Get the stickers off, size the bracelets up, get a few micro scratches and grubby fingerprints on them and make them less attractive to the WhatsApp group
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

Once paid for definitely. While reserved and waiting to be paid for, different story imo.

On the other hand, how many punters are likely to turn down a Daytona at RRP just because a some other folk have tried it on or it's got a few micro-scratches?

Master
    FTFY

Once paid for definitely. While reserved and waiting to be paid for, different story imo.
    I think that’s fair. Other watches get tried on before being paid for, not sure why Rolex should be any different.

FTFY.
    Don’t mention the WhatsApp group, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it

Master
    Don’t mention the WhatsApp group, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it
    How do you get into this what’s app group?

The only thing I’ve managed to bag in a what’s app group is some honey!

P.S. it’s not even really a group, it’s just me messaging Martyn!

P.P.S. Bloody good honey too :-)

My girlfriend was in San Francisco last week. She found the Rolex AD and got quite excited as there were rows and rows of gents sports models in the window. After speaking to a sales assistant it became apparent that the models were all dummies. The assistant said that they literally had zero stock. Zero. Everything had been purchased.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Imagine walking past an AD window and seeing loads of daytonas and subs, more chance you'll probably faint
    than go inside to enquire about them

Mappin & Webb just off the Burlington Arcade in London. Before you get too excited, read the sign!

Mappin & Webb just off the Burlington Arcade in London. Before you get too excited, read the sign!
    What is the point of that. Here’s the watches that you cannot buy. Reminds me of the end of Bullseye on TV - here’s what you could have won.

What is the point of that. Here’s the watches that you cannot buy. Reminds me of the end of Bullseye on TV - here’s what you could have won.
    #Hype

Master
    Blog Entries
    I remember buying my first sub, discussing that I couldn’t see it for size and we joked they needed dummy watches like you get in mobile phone shops, the dealer agreed it was awkward especially on things like explorer 2 and skydweller with larger sizes.

Perhaps they are awaiting collection but if I had one of those (let alone a few) with my name on it I’d be there in a flash to pick up.