closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 62 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 4067

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Were they Rolex? I’ve been on a list for nearly two years for a CHNR with an AD I’ve bought several watches from. If it’s possible to actually buy watches from ADs with no history I’ll give a different AD a try!
    Yes OP36 and Explorer 1.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    Yes OP36 and Explorer 1.
    Congratulations 🎉 Great score.
    Let us see those beauties.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Congratulations 🎉 Great score..
    I wouldn’t say it’s anything great. Give it a few months and they will be available from the AD windows!

I wouldn’t say it’s anything great. Give it a few months and they will be available from the AD windows!
    I’m not sure they will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I’m not sure they will be.
    And why do you think that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    And why do you think that!?
    I think Rolex work so hard to protect their brand. If supply finds its way onto shelves, I think they’ll throttle supply to rectify it.
    I genuinely don’t see displays full of available watches again (at least not steel/sports models)

Just my opinion, and of course, I could be wrong.

Yes OP36 and Explorer 1.

Thanks. Think I’ll have to try a different AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    Thanks. Think I’ll have to try a different AD.
    Me too…

Which AD was this at Kieran?
    And how long did you wait?

Mate of mine quoted 2 years on a OP and Ex1
    If I told him your story he’d cry
    Last edited by John Wall; 13th June 2022 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wall View Post
    Me too…

Which AD was this at Kieran?
    And how long did you wait?

Mate of mine quoted 2 years on a OP and Ex1
    If I told him your story he’d cry
    It was roughly 2 or 3 months for the OP36 and while collecting it mentioned an Explorer. The following day received a call asking did I want a Explorer as it had been turned down by a few on the list.

Last edited by boring_sandwich; 13th June 2022 at 12:49.

It was roughly 2 or 3 months for the OP36 and while collecting it mentioned an Explorer. The following day received a call asking did I want a Explorer as it had been turned down by a few on the list.

Great results

Is it still possible to buy Gold Rolex models or are they as hard to get hold of as SS models now?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Is it still possible to buy Gold Rolex models or are they as hard to get hold of as SS models now?
    Think it depends exactly which models but certainly plenty of PM models get listed at above list/RRP.

Master
    I picked this up this weekend. I have been on Ze List since August 21. So not terrible considering this is my first purchase from the shop.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I picked this up this weekend. I have been on Ze List since August 21. So not terrible considering this is my first purchase from the shop.
    That's lovely. I'm such a sucker for blue dials.

Yes, good timing. There is hope.

Smile

Yes…

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Yes…
    You may need to specify which question you’re answering, could go either way

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Maybe.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

Well, I was always brought up to not answer a question with a question……

But I think it’s all about the fuller context for the questions posed. Which PM model? Compared to what S/S model? Which AD? Buying history? (Sorry, but it counts) Define what’s “easier” and expectations for lead times (given the response to the earlier questions maybe)

Think that covers it.

All valid points!
    Will enquire with my local, they have told me I can only have 1 watch on order at a time, 37mm YM is due anytime for the Wife.. so will see what they say when we have collected that 😄

Question

All valid points!
    Will enquire with my local, they have told me I can only have 1 watch on order at a time, 37mm YM is due anytime for the Wife.. so will see what they say when we have collected that 

Ok, so they are valid points (questions)

And the answers?!

In the past 18 months I’ve managed to purchase a DJ41, Deepsea and more recently blue BiMetal sub. The latter was with a three month wait.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfupanda View Post
    In the past 18 months I’ve managed to purchase a DJ41, Deepsea and more recently blue BiMetal sub. The latter was with a three month wait.
    Deepsea is probably the least loved Rolex which is a shame as I think it’s fabulous. Think I mentioned at the time but I was offered one last year (might have been 2020). I hadn’t asked as I already had one!

DJs and TT Subs list above RRP so you’ve done well.
    Last edited by David_D; 27th June 2022 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Deepsea is probably the least loved Rolex which is a shame as I think it’s fabulous. Think I mentioned at the time but I was offered one last year (might have been 2020). I hadn’t asked as I already had one!

DJs and TT Subs list above RRP so you’ve done well.
    I love Deepseas too. I’ve flipped so many. I remember my first one was around £5.5k used. Aaahh those were the days.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I love Deepseas too. I’ve flipped so many. I remember my first one was around £5.5k used. Aaahh those were the days.
    Think got a nice discount and VAT off mine. Those were the days lol

Just to add my experience. The wait for a blue dial DJ36 was 8 weeks without purchase history. I had purchased one watch there before but too long ago for it to count towards history for this one.

There was someone else near me in the AD trying to get 5 watches on his list (limited to 3). The AD said the wait for a SS Daytona was 10 years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Just to add my experience. The wait for a blue dial DJ36 was 8 weeks without purchase history. I had purchased one watch there before but too long ago for it to count towards history for this one.

There was someone else near me in the AD trying to get 5 watches on his list (limited to 3). The AD said the wait for a SS Daytona was 10 years.
    I think the DJ36 blue on jubilee with fluted bezel would be my next dream watch.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I think the DJ36 blue on jubilee with fluted bezel would be my next dream watch.
    I tried that model on (without the blue dial) and it was very nice! I went for an oyster bracelet and smooth bezel but I’m pleased with it.

Master
    Think that’s what I paid, give or take (“pre-owned”). They initially and briefly commanded a premium, from memory. Not sure what list was when I bought but think it was more than I paid. Those were the days!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post

I think that AD needs to stay off the drugs. I appreciate there is a wait but ten years, come on.

Craftsman
    Really … I have been waiting for a Daytona for 16 years … with a purchase history etc etc and my AD says that I’m not alone

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    Really … I have been waiting for a Daytona for 16 years … with a purchase history etc etc and my AD says that I’m not alone

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I would say stick that watch somewhere else. 16 years bs.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I think that AD needs to stay off the drugs. I appreciate there is a wait but ten years, come on.
    You’re correct. I guarantee that if you get on “the list” today and then return in 10 years time, you will not be getting one.

If lists were ever a thing, they aren’t now and you need a lot more than just patience to get any of the professional models.

Daytona is the most overrated watch ever! If it wasn’t for stupid Insta crowds….

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Daytona is the most overrated watch ever! If it wasn’t for stupid Insta crowds….
    Nonsense.

Daytona has been a hard to source watch for many years pre- instagram

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Nonsense.

Agreed, it was always difficult to get a Daytona even when ever other watch was in the window and offered at a discount.

Master
    Way before the insta crowds.

I tried to buy one in Vegas in 2002 when I went into Tourneau in Caesars. They told me I needed a ‘personally in store spend of $100k’ to get one. Over the next 10 years whenever I was anywhere on holiday that had a Rolex shop I’d pop in and ask. Waste of time but I quite liked browsing so wasn’t any effort.

In 2013 I decided I wanted a green sub so ‘googled’ it and found out there was a Rolex shop in Taunton which was about 60 miles away. Called them and they didn’t have one but said they would check with their other shops. They called me back and said they could get the sub sent to them and it was agreed I’d go after the weekend. I joked about a Daytona that I’d buy one if they had one. A few hours later they called me and said they had one and the buyer had pulled out. A few days later it was mine. Zero history and never even knew the shop existed.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Nonsense.

Yup, a lot of tosh:-)

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Yup, a lot of tosh:-)

And will be even harder to get a Daytona in 2023 when it's the 60th Anniversary. Even though they wear a tad small I do love my Daytonas as it's a very handsome chrono, plus I actually prefer the fact it lacks a date function and hope Rolex don't add that next year. Chrono dials are "busy" enough (in my view) without working a date window onto the dial too.

Just because is hard to get eh? What else makes it special?

Craftsman

Might be more interesting if you tell us all why you don’t like it ?

For the record I bought mine in 2002 after a near 4 year wait , well before Instagram was up and running.

Question

Have you ever owned/bought one?

Their long term rarity is well deserved (and understood) in the market as most owners will attest to.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    Lovely, on my want list for sure

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Have you ever owned/bought one?

Their long term rarity is well deserved (and understood) in the market as most owners will attest to.
    I probably could have, if I actually wanted one 5-6 years ago. But was never interested.

Have tried a few and never understood the appeal.

Submariner (not the date model) and polar Explorer II are the only two current Rolex I genuinely like.

Journeyman
    Nipped into Lister Horsfall in Ilkley today in pursuit of a non date sub. They had a few sports models in the window, display only of course. Was told I couldn't try any on or take them off the cushion, a new policy apparently, so didn't even bother asking for them to be removed from the window. They advised 4 years for anything in stainless steal but that could be reduced down to three if I purchase other non Rolex items in advance. She did say that they only receive three or four of each stainless steal model a year and they of course go to their most loyal customers. Obviously thought this would be the case before going in.

But I kept telling myself that they might have just had a delivery of a non sub date, and so far everyone on their list they had contacted had turned them down, pathing the way for me to snap it up. I really must stop fantasising.

Craftsman
    This was in the window at the AD now on my wrist

Out for it’s maiden voyage

Last edited by forest172; 3rd July 2022 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Wasn't exhibition? Looks great.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Wasn't exhibition? Looks great.
    Yes it’s been in the window about 8 plus weeks. Never considered the white face until I saw one. Always wanted a skydweller think the complication is awesome. They let me try it on and then I was smitten. Got the call yesterday now the exhibition replacement sky dweller has arrived

Journeyman
    Congrats

Yes it’s been in the window about 8 plus weeks. Never considered the white face until I saw one. Always wanted a skydweller think the complication is awesome. They let me try it on and then I was smitten. Got the call yesterday now the exhibition replacement sky dweller has arrived
    Great timing, congrats

Master

Out for it’s maiden voyage

Congrats - the white dial is stunning and any pictures never do it justice.