closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 1405

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    The unified Rolex in the window thread

    Hi all,

    Just a heads up for anyone searching but I have just seen a number of SS Rolex in the window of WoS in Canary Wharf, from what I could tell, they have:
    - Explorer II
    - green and white milgaus
    - Sea dweller

    Enquired about a new Daytona and said it was a 7 year wait
    Last edited by FreeAgent; 14th October 2016 at 12:23.

  2. #2
    Craftsman Croftrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    542
    A seven year wait???

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???
    I was in that store last week and put my name on their list. The salesman told me "about three years". I told him that's fine as I will probably be able to get away with it in 3 years!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Master Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fascination Street
    Posts
    4,992
    David M Robinson in Liverpool won't take any more names for the Daytona or GMT BLNR.

  5. #5
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    19,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???
    In Tibet?

  6. #6
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Southern Spain
    Posts
    22,955
    Blog Entries
    1

    Cool DZZZZZZZZZZZZT

    Ooops... sorry.


    When the going gets tough, the DAF gets going.

  7. #7
    The shortage is currently mainly due to supply and everyone in the world coming to the UK to buy our luxury goods at the most discounted prices in the world. This will not change till all the prices go up and then they will be available again as before, with only the rarer models still being scarce.

  8. #8
    Is there another thread for 'non-Rolex spotted in the window' ? I spotted a zenith big date pilot on shark mesh for £3800 down from £5300 today, maybe somebody is after one?

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftrock View Post
    A seven year wait???
    Itís 12 years for a Patel Nautilus and that is if you buy some of their other ďcomplicationsĒ first. All the manufacturers say their concerned about people flipping their watches but they love it really

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    7 year wait
    Hilarious!

  11. #11
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    64
    7 year wait? Tempting as It sounds I think I'll pass.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    1,119
    I you pay upfront in 7 years it will be worth 40k... ;)

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Inverness UK
    Posts
    580
    A new model might be out by then!

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    311
    Now that sounds crazy, I'd have changed my mind 10 times over by then....

  15. #15
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by troymcclure72 View Post
    I you pay upfront in 7 years it will be worth 40k... ;)
    How does it work with pre orders, do you pay the price of the watch or the day you pre order or the day you receive it?

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    .
    Posts
    689
    Goldsmiths Newcastle (Eldon Square) have a ND sub, black and white Explorer II, a rhodium dialled new yachtmaster (looked midsize) and either a DSSD OR a SD4000 (didn't get a proper look).

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Goldsmiths Newcastle (Eldon Square) have a ND sub, black and white Explorer II, a rhodium dialled new yachtmaster (looked midsize) and either a DSSD OR a SD4000 (didn't get a proper look).
    They have a DSSD and a GMT LN.

  18. #18
    Master Optimum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fascination Street
    Posts
    4,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmtmastertwo View Post
    How does it work with pre orders, do you pay the price of the watch or the day you pre order or the day you receive it?
    The day you receive it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmtmastertwo View Post
    How does it work with pre orders, do you pay the price of the watch or the day you pre order or the day you receive it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    The day you receive it.
    Depends!

    What do you mean by preorder?

    If you are referring to a wait list or a wait for an allocation piece you have a deposit on then yes typically you pay the price when it lands.

    But if the preorder is say a special piece like a PM model or something not always held in stock and the AD and has to requested directly from Rolex UK stock or from another branch then the price you would pay would be the price on confirming the order, some AD's may try it on but from my recent enquiries into a DD40 I was told the price I pay is the price it is on the day I confirm the order.

  20. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    The day you receive it.
    Yea that's what I thought, was thinking about putting my name down for a new Daytona if you payed the price on the day you ordered it, then selling it for a nice profit when it arrived a few years later.

  21. #21
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East midlands
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Hi all,

    Just a heads up for anyone searching but I have just seen a number of SS Rolex in the window of WoS in Canary Wharf, from what I could tell, they have:
    - Explorer II
    - green and white milgaus
    - Sea dweller

    Enquired about a new Daytona and said it was a 7 year wait
    those 3 are in most windows, who wants them ! not really sort after models, EXP 2 looks gash, the milgaus
    just has a geek following and the SD is just a thick (read into that too thick) Sub for £2k more, and while liked on here it's too bulky imo and just for people who don't want a Sub because every one has one !

    most AD have all 3.

    imho of course :-)

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    those 3 are in most windows, who wants them ! not really sort after models, EXP 2 looks gash, the milgaus
    just has a geek following and the SD is just a thick (read into that too thick) Sub for £2k more, and while liked on here it's too bulky imo and just for people who don't want a Sub because every one has one !

    most AD have all 3.

    imho of course :-)
    I'm not entirely sure you know what the "h" stands for in that abbreviation.

  23. #23
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    those 3 are in most windows, who wants them ! not really sort after models, EXP 2 looks gash, the milgaus
    just has a geek following and the SD is just a thick (read into that too thick) Sub for £2k more, and while liked on here it's too bulky imo and just for people who don't want a Sub because every one has one !

    most AD have all 3.

    imho of course :-)
    Tell us what you really think.... lol.

    Have to say I agree.

    Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,829
    I don't even like Rolex and I can find them without looking there where loads in the shop in Nice [next to the heads on poles by the tram line].

    there where yukmasters, green dials, gold etc.I took pics if you want them?

    I found them in other shops as well all over southern Europe.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,829
    I went in to see the Tudor 36 which was lovely but seemed to be on a girly size strap.

    I will admit to trying on the white dial explorer and liking the dial [much better in real life].


















  26. #26
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hove,UK
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdemon View Post
    those 3 are in most windows, who wants them ! not really sort after models, EXP 2 looks gash, the milgaus
    just has a geek following and the SD is just a thick (read into that too thick) Sub for £2k more, and while liked on here it's too bulky imo and just for people who don't want a Sub because every one has one !

    most AD have all 3.

    imho of course :-)
    The SD is definitely thick-I tried one on at my AD recently and it is a beast.

  27. #27
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    It certainly is. Perfect in many ways...
    Prefer the black. Nice watch in white are certainly better than the dial colours it replaced but think the watch is too hyped for what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    The SD is definitely thick-I tried one on at my AD recently and it is a beast.
    A beast and yet I would love it and hey, I have a sub so can't be just so I don't have a sub. Good proportions for someone like me with thighs for wrists who finds the deep sea obnoxiously big with a tiny dial. Saying that the D-Blue would be my ultimate weekend/Friday watch.

  28. #28
    Wow, a watch (current model of a mass produced watch) in a window display of a watch store and long waiting list for the new Daytona.
    Some news indeed.

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Wow, a watch (current model of a mass produced watch) in a window display of a watch store and long waiting list for the new Daytona.
    Some news indeed.
    Thanks for your reply - I'm sure if it was a current mass produced Submariner people would be excited, just trying to help out those who might be after one of the above as it's unusual to see them all in stock (particularly the sea dweller - whether you like it or not).

  30. #30
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    4,507
    7 years, if it be anything like true, is a total and utter pi$$ take.

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    7 years, if it be anything like true, is a total and utter pi$$ take.
    It's sounded like a number he plucked out of the air to be honest - particularly if someone at the same AD was told 3 years only last week!

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    It's sounded like a number he plucked out of the air to be honest - particularly if someone at the same AD was told 3 years only last week!
    But these are just lists that people are free to drop out of at will, perhaps if the AD insisted on a 10% or 20% deposit, like they do with the Omega limited edition lists then the lists would be a whole lot shorter.

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Thanks for your reply - I'm sure if it was a current mass produced Submariner people would be excited, just trying to help out those who might be after one of the above as it's unusual to see them all in stock (particularly the sea dweller - whether you like it or not).
    Seadwellers are in most ADs windows-no real shortage on these
    Milgauss aren't in short supply either.Subs definitely are scarce though.

  34. #34
    And the annoying thing about these 'lists' is that not anyone can just place themselves on it. You have to have a bit of a purchasing history of x amount/over x many years.

    Utter nonsense I tell you.

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    2,922
    I am on their "list" for an SDc...........I've not had a call???

  36. #36
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    I am on their "list" for an SDc...........I've not had a call???
    There is an SDc in the window of Mappin & Webb in Chester......been there for weeks...

  37. #37
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    10,537
    Just today I saw some brown brogues in a shop window with 95% off,I decided not to buy them because I just know a pair of lightly worn ones will be for sale on here soon.

  38. #38
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    11,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    And the annoying thing about these 'lists' is that not anyone can just place themselves on it. You have to have a bit of a purchasing history of x amount/over x many years.

    Utter nonsense I tell you.
    Utter pretentious shite. I hate crap like this. Even if you're one of the privileged few to have such obscene amounts of disposable cash to spent on trinkets, you might not be special enough to write your name on our piece of paper. F*** off.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    8,829
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Utter pretentious shite. I hate crap like this. Even if you're one of the privileged few to have such obscene amounts of disposable cash to spent on trinkets, you might not be special enough to write your name on our piece of paper. F*** off.
    Agreed

    Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

    It's a watch FFS.

  40. #40
    Master soundood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,836
    Blog Entries
    2
    Last edited by soundood; 13th October 2016 at 21:17.

  41. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    WTF? No mention of Daytona wait times.
    This is irresponsible reporting.
    Don't they know how many are eager to know the wait times?

  42. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Agreed

    Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

    It's a watch FFS.
    Do you not think that from a pure business angle this is a good way to get customer loyalty though? If you buy a new watch every year or so and use the AD to get them back to Rolex for services, then you must develop a loyalty towards that AD and what would cement that further than being offered something rare (or the opportunity to be on the shortlist for something rare) as a reward?

    I know that the Daytona has always been on a waiting list so it seems like market manipulation, but the one I think could have been an accident initially is the BLNR. A friend bought one when they first came out (no trouble getting hold of them back then he said) and he said he wanted a GMT but hated the way that the ceramic bezel looked on the other models. Same seems to be the case for many people as you can easily find the other colour combinations in windows. So now I guess that Rolex are continuing to produce to just undercut market demand because this idea of a watch as an investment must fuel demand.

    Agreed that the whole thing is ruddy weird: but they clearly know what they're doing as the majority of new models get uglier and more gauche with every release (for other markets I suppose) and yet I still see a fair number on the sort of wealthy chap who can get on the shortlist.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #43
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    Agreed

    Seiko,Tudor,Casio,Eddie all sold me watches with no list,non of this pretentious nonsense.

    It's a watch FFS.
    All these watches are available on SC if you ask nicely😁

  44. #44
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    New York, London, Dubai
    Posts
    405
    Yellow Gold Sub @ FH Westfield Stratford City.

    Zero discount

  45. #45
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovewatches108 View Post
    And the annoying thing about these 'lists' is that not anyone can just place themselves on it. You have to have a bit of a purchasing history of x amount/over x many years.

    Utter nonsense I tell you.
    I'm "just anyone" and I got on the list at WoS Canary Wharf. I was just browsing, no purchase history there and i asked if they had a ceramic Daytona list. The sales guy said yes and said it was a 3 year wait so I gave him my name. Of course, the whole 3 year wait story could be a load of rubbish.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  46. #46
    I am surprised that people take this projected wait times seriously.
    It is all dependent on supply,demand and distribution patterns none of which are constant and 2,3 or 7 years is a long enough time for this to change.

  47. #47
    Craftsman smalleyboy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    850
    I struggle to believe there is someone sat at Rolex reviewing lists looking for the same name so they can cross it out.

    I have my name down with several dealers for a Hulk and I told all the dealers of this as I didn't wish to waste their time. Most of them simply said that it wasn't a problem as if I didn't take the watch, there were plenty more who would.

  48. #48
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Warrington Cheshire
    Posts
    980
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.







    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  49. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK - midlands
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.







    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?

  50. #50
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Warrington Cheshire
    Posts
    980
    Indeed, but no idea once you're back to your country with regards to tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •