closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 46 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,300 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Not a Rolex as such but the latest Rolex magazine is out if anyone’s interested in picking one up. No 9.
    Cheers, will see if one is available in a week or two when I pop back for the right size Oysterflex.

Master
    Rolex are fortunate in having a lot of wriggle room with the old bezel. I imagine the later YM will look rather different. My instinct is that various bezels are going to come in for plenty of attention. Plus Oysterflex bracelets. Rolex are spoilt for choice.
    Ten year from now, the traditional metal bezels and bracelets could become quite sort-after. Everything goes round and round. Was ever thus.
    Last edited by paskinner; 16th July 2021 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Rolex are fortunate in having a lot of wriggle room with the old bezel. I imagine the later YM will look rather different. My instinct is that various bezels are going to come in for plenty of attention. Plus Oysterflex bracelets. Rolex are spoilt for choice.
    Ten year from now, the traditional metal bezels and bracelets could become quite sort-after. Everything goes round and round. Was ever thus.
    I really haven’t got a clue what you’re trying to say here Peter.

Master
    Fair enough. But have a look at the YM42 to see how Rolex are using the basic chassis of the older YM to. Move into’modern’ eras. The YM 42 has a slimmer chassis with paired back lugs, ending the ‘blocky’ look of the basic submariner. The bezel is ultra modern and hard as ceramic. It incorporates the Oysterflex together with excellent adjustable clasp. See how these ideas were then added to the latestcDaytona.
    The YM is an experimental model for Rolex without too much fuss.

Master

Two tone sea dweller in the window of Goldsmiths Reading this afternoon.

Master
    Loving the president DateJust. If only bigger!

I am getting marginally excited, as I shall be visiting the AD that I have used for about 15 years on Sunday.
    Haven't visited their shop for well over 2 years.

Though, the main person that I dealt with has now left, I shall be meeting a new SA. Who has agreed - due to previous purchases, to add me onto the list for a S/S Sub date, to mark my retirement in about 3 years time.

I wonder what delights, I shall see in their display cabinets?
    Last edited by Topcat30093; 17th July 2021 at 06:05. Reason: spelling

Fair enough. But have a look at the YM42 to see how Rolex are using the basic chassis of the older YM to. Move into’modern’ eras. The YM 42 has a slimmer chassis with paired back lugs, ending the ‘blocky’ look of the basic submariner. The bezel is ultra modern and hard as ceramic. It incorporates the Oysterflex together with excellent adjustable clasp. See how these ideas were then added to the latestcDaytona.
    The YM is an experimental model for Rolex without too much fuss.

Think you're getting a bit confused here chap. The bezel on the YM 42 in White Gold IS ceramic Peter.....and that model came out after the various Daytona's PM models on Oysterflex changed for the ceramic bezel and oysterflex strap (after they were initially launched on alligator straps)

Master
    Blog Entries

The unified Rolex in the window thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Loving the president DateJust. If only bigger!
    Big fan here too

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Think you're getting a bit confused here chap. The bezel on the YM 42 in White Gold IS ceramic Peter.....and that model came out after the various Daytona's PM models on Oysterflex changed for the ceramic bezel and oysterflex strap (after they were initially launched on alligator straps)
    Not so simple I suspect.

. I’ve never heard Rolex describe any ceramic material as a precious metal. It’s not. The metal case of the 42mm is made of 18k gold, no ceramic. The rotor composition is strangely vague…..but then it’s worth reminding ourselves that Rolex exchanges pure gold in the bezel with a far cheaper synthesis. ‘Ceramic’. And the 18k gold, inthe synthetic bracelet is rubber….how much cheaper is this for Rolex to build? At least the clasp is solid gold.
    As a comparison, look at the 116509 Daytona . That really does use 100% gold , including a heavy 18k metal bezel instead of rubber and avoids all synthetics.

Given all this, the Yachtmaster seems quite pricey these days. Does look very nice. But there’s a feel of ‘cost cutting’ given the high costs. But it’s a classy watch I think.
    Last edited by paskinner; 16th July 2021 at 22:22.

Not so simple I suspect.

. I’ve never heard Rolex describe any ceramic material as a precious metal. It’s not. The metal case of the 42mm is made of 18k gold, no ceramic. The rotor composition is strangely vague…..but then it’s worth reminding ourselves that Rolex exchanges pure gold in the bezel with a far cheaper synthesis. ‘Ceramic’. And the 18k gold, inthe synthetic bracelet is rubber….how much cheaper is this for Rolex to build? At least the clasp is solid gold.
    As a comparison, look at the 116509 Daytona . That really does use 100% gold , including a heavy 18k metal bezel instead of rubber and avoids all synthetics.

Given all this, the Yachtmaster seems quite pricey these days. Does look very nice. But there’s a feel of ‘cost cutting’ given the high costs. But it’s a classy watch I think.

Peter,

Read your post again please. It is, very simple.

The bezel of the white gold Yachtmaster 42 is ceramic. Ceramic is not a precious metal and no one has said that here aside from, perhaps, you.

Enjoy your white gold Daytona.

Had a very rare trip to my office in London this week, nice to pop in after the 2020/2021 debacle!

My local AD is the WoS in the Royal Exchange, where I bought my first Rolex and am currently waiting on a Sub. Imagine my surprise when looking in the window to see they don't even stock Rolex anymore. Checked the Rolex website and they're off the AD list there too. Wasn't expecting to see much in the window, but thought there'd at least be a Rolex section! Oh well

Master
    Yes, I think they went a while ago now. New WoS store popped up on Broadgate Circus!

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Had a very rare trip to my office in London this week, nice to pop in after the 2020/2021 debacle!

My local AD is the WoS in the Royal Exchange, where I bought my first Rolex and am currently waiting on a Sub. Imagine my surprise when looking in the window to see they don't even stock Rolex anymore. Checked the Rolex website and they're off the AD list there too. Wasn't expecting to see much in the window, but thought there'd at least be a Rolex section! Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Yes, I think they went a while ago now. New WoS store popped up on Broadgate Circus!
    Is that the one which stocks AP?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Is that the one which stocks AP?
    Yes although I’ve not been down that area for over a year now

Yes although I’ve not been down that area for over a year now
    Thanks. I'm round the corner at work there too so will try pop in next time I'm down.

Master
    37mm steel yachtmaster with rhodium dial & 37mm TT yachtmaster at DMR Canary Wharf
    Last edited by gaurav_tzuk; 21st July 2021 at 15:33.

Master
    Thanks. I'm round the corner at work there too so will try pop in next time I'm down.
    Let me know if you spot a 15500ST :)

Let me know if you spot a 15500ST :)
    Already tried, no direct route to one.

Going the AP House route via referral instead, hopefully that's more likely.

Cheers, will see if one is available in a week or two when I pop back for the right size Oysterflex.
    Otherwise, wait a while and check SC.

Already tried, no direct route to one.

Going the AP House route via referral instead, hopefully that's more likely.

Will still be a multi year wait via that route….

Will still be a multi year wait via that route….
    I'm hoping who is referring me will make a difference as they have good spend. Want to avoid a "journey" if I can.

I'm hoping who is referring me will make a difference as they have good spend. Want to avoid a "journey" if I can.

Define “good spend”?

And the 15500ST as a first purchase is possible but you’re looking at 1-2 years wait as minimum I’d respectfully suggest. Helps to be flexible on which of the 4 dials offered too.

Define “good spend”?

And the 15500ST as a first purchase is possible but you’re looking at 1-2 years wait as minimum I’d respectfully suggest. Helps to be flexible on which of the 4 dials offered too.
    They've been told they're approved for a jumbo this year so must be pretty good.

Happy to be flexible on dials. Blue is out of the question but without seeing them IRL yet I'm hoping for white.

They've been told they're approved for a jumbo this year so must be pretty good.

Happy to be flexible on dials. Blue is out of the question but without seeing them IRL yet I'm hoping for white.

Won’t be getting a steel Jumbo this year I think……I’m pretty sure they are all gone as it is discontinued ahead of the 50th anniversary for 2022. Or did you mean a PM one?

Silver dial is lovely but basically take whatever is offered but it will certainly be a long wait for any dial irrespective of the intro. Plus the AP factory is about to close for their summer break too. Sorry!

Won’t be getting a steel Jumbo this year I think……I’m pretty sure they are all gone as it is discontinued ahead of the 50th anniversary for 2022. Or did you mean a PM one?

Silver dial is lovely but basically take whatever is offered but it will certainly be a long wait for any dial irrespective of the intro. Plus the AP factory is about to close for their summer break too. Sorry!
    Still around for now but will be chopped at year end apparently. Definitely the steel jumbo, not PM.

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-rise...xed-next-year/

I agree, if I am lucky enough to be offered any dial I will take it regardless. I've seen a few on OEM rubber which look great and I'd like that versatility. If I get to AP House and they mention Codes and going on a journey I'll cry.

Still around for now but will be chopped at year end apparently. Definitely the steel jumbo, not PM.

https://www.watchpro.com/prices-rise...xed-next-year/

I agree, if I am lucky enough to be offered any dial I will take it regardless. I've seen a few on OEM rubber which look great and I'd like that versatility. If I get to AP House and they mention Codes and going on a journey I'll cry.

I think you’ll find I am right here and there no more stainless steel Jumbos at all…..the supply well is already dry ahead of 2022. Ask the team at AP House when you’re there with your mate…..

Get ready for the AP journey now and enjoy your Code!

I think you’ll find I am right here and there no more stainless steel Jumbos at all…..the supply well is already dry ahead of 2022. Ask the team at AP House when you’re there with your mate…..

Get ready for the AP journey now and enjoy your Code!
    Ha, I'll have a chat when I'm there. I was meant to go last week but it didn't work out. Awkward opening hours at the House.

Ha, I'll have a chat when I'm there. I was meant to go last week but it didn't work out. Awkward opening hours at the House.

AP House is open 10am to 5.30pm (by appointment only) and 6 days a week…..which pretty normal (not “awkward”) I’d respectfully suggest?

Blog Entries
    Any pics of Rolex in the window ? Just being mischievous this morning
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I suppose what annoys me is the way big dealers routinely pass these watches on. Nothing in the window, just a sneaky phone-call. Yesterday, a new Deepsea unasked for. But now it’s gone. As they do.
    The sought-after are customers who quietly ‘flip’ with no fuss or publicity. That’s what dealers want.
    Why can’t these models just get sold in the average window. Some chance…

AP House is open 10am to 5.30pm (by appointment only) and 6 days a week…..which pretty normal (not “awkward”) I’d respectfully suggest?
    I'm just being petty as the last few weekends have been busy and it's hard to get in during their hours Mon-Fri with WFH. Ultimately if it's important people will make time during the opening hours so that's what I'll need to do if I want get my name down.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Any pics of Rolex in the window ? Just being mischievous this morning

I'll be sure to get this thread back on track later this afternoon for you Martyn......apologies for the AP interloping.

Craftsman
    White gold Yachtmaster in Goldsmiths Metro Centre today.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

Two tone sea dweller in the window of Goldsmiths Reading this afternoon.
    You'd think they'd at least align the bezel!

Local AD had this in the back - yellow gold on oysterflex. Apparently someone ordered one and didn’t want it. Shoot me a DM if you want it :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Local AD had this in the back - yellow gold on oysterflex. Apparently someone ordered one and didn’t want it. Shoot me a DM if you want it :P

I'm no expert, but I think they'd have better luck selling it if they moved it into the front.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'm no expert, but I think they'd have better luck selling it if they moved it into the front.
    They don’t need luck, it’s in the back do they can choose who they offer it too.

I thought that the baton dial was only available on SS or TT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I thought that the baton dial was only available on SS or TT?
    I truly have no idea Dave aha, first sky dweller I’ve ever touched

I truly have no idea Dave aha, first sky dweller I’ve ever touched

I’ve only ever seen a couple of precious metal ones; in the years since the SS model was released, I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh.

It seems that I was wrong, WF have this one amongst others, all with baton dials.

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Rolex/...49/item/191820
    Last edited by Dave+63; 29th July 2021 at 19:20.

Looks like white gold !
    I was at an AD in Edinburgh last week and they also brought out yellow gold white dial on oysterflex skydweller. They didn’t know me from Adam so think these easy to catch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Looks like white gold !
    I was at an AD in Edinburgh last week and they also brought out yellow gold white dial on oysterflex skydweller. They didn’t know me from Adam so think these easy to catch.

They aren’t easy to get at all Dan.

Most AD’s will get a maximum of 1 or 2 PM Skydwellers a year in any combo Rolex offer.

They aren’t easy to get at all Dan.

Most AD’s will get a maximum of 1 or 2 PM Skydwellers a year in any combo Rolex offer.
    To be honest I was told similar numbers too, although due to my lack of knowledge about these I didn't know what to make of it

Some top class Glasgow Rolex Boutique w*nk advertorial from the Herald -

https://www.heraldscotland.com/busin...ivery-service/

______

​Jim.

Master

“We don’t sell, we consult”. What a line.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Some top class Glasgow Rolex Boutique w*nk advertorial from the Herald -
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/busin...ivery-service/
    Awful!

And saying “watches that are popular with celebrities including Bono and David Beckham” like that’s a good thing!!

Master
    And apparently each one takes a year to make if you managed to get to the end without doing yourself some damage.

You think you know why you are here. You think you are here to buy a Rolex.

No. I tell you why you are here. You are here to consult, nothing more.

L'audace de cette plèbe <laughs>

Master
    Really Slim pickings, probably worst display in a while

Unless you fancy a PM day date with an absolutely gorgeous ice blue dial