Quote Originally Posted by kinsella1 View Post
    Other end of the UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably about 10 Tzers on their way already with sleeping bags
    The jeweller won’t be able to open his door in the morning
    Could be a bun fight.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SiSetts View Post
    Just had a call from Michael Spiers Taunton branch.
    They have a Sea-Dweller in stock. They informed me that they will be keeping the warranty card.
    I have passed and am out of the area at the moment. So unable to pick it up for someone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the update! Can't imagine this will be there for long. Out of interest why did they call you? Did you register your interest in the SD43?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Probably about 10 Tzers on their way already with sleeping bags
    The jeweller won’t be able to open his door in the morning
    Could be a bun fight.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yup they’ll be fighting each other and the AD will open the door and say “SD43? Haven’t seen one in months, plus we only sell these pieces to locals” lol

Craftsman
    Presumably, if the OP didn't want it it will just go to the next person on the list?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    Thanks for the update! Can't imagine this will be there for long. Out of interest why did they call you? Did you register your interest in the SD43?
    Yes I did.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    Presumably, if the OP didn't want it it will just go to the next person on the list?
    Not sure they do lists this AD, just seem to give good customers a heads up.

Another branch of this company had a few in demand models arrive a while back, they went in the window and were snapped up quickly by local passing customers or so it was relayed to me in conversation.

I gave a heads up on here a while back when there was stock in the window and a few on here benefited, I am not in a position to buy at present but it would be for long term ownership and regular wear if I did.

I have bought from them in the past and built a good customer relationship.
    Last edited by pastrana72; 19th October 2018 at 09:54.

Master
    I thought i was on the list at my local AD for a SD 43 but when i went in last Saturday there had been an issue with the waiting list and i wasn't on it anymore.(Genuine mistake and i am a loyal customer)

I have been after one of these since release and back to the drawing board and may even pay over the odds for one although it goes against my rules.

Anyway they did put me on the list for a Rolex Sub Date (SD43 list now closed) even though i don't want one.

First World problems.

Whole bumch of stuff in London last night. TT Skydweller, TT Daytona, SS GMT, SS Sub ND, Explorer, Air King, Milgauss.

Sub isn't there any more ;)
    Last edited by ryanb741; 20th October 2018 at 14:51.

Master
    A cynic might suggest that there seems to be a surge in supply after the recent price hike

Master
    Rolex could have added 20% to the price of their sports models, without much reduction in demand. You could see them as quite restrained, the opposite of 'cynical'.

Craftsman
    I would say kept back until after the price rise.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Perhaps the shops, probably not Rolex. Can see why.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    I would say kept back until after the price rise.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Whole bumch of stuff in FH Kingston last night. TT Skydweller, TT Daytona, SS GMT, SS Sub ND, Explorer, Air King, Milgauss.

Sub isn't there any more ;)

Lucky man 👍 phoned them today to check on progress up the list for the ND and got quoted 18months still 🙄 hopefully trying to get one for when I get married in 12months so fingers crossed they get some more in 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Lucky man phoned them today to check on progress up the list for the ND and got quoted 18months still hopefully trying to get one for when I get married in 12months so fingers crossed they get some more in
    If I understand that right, you are on the list at that dealer for an ND and they're saying 18 months, but they've had one in and sold it to Ryan who isn't on the list but just happened to be walking by and saw it in the window.

That right?

Master
    I
    Lucky man  phoned them today to check on progress up the list for the ND and got quoted 18months still  hopefully trying to get one for when I get married in 12months so fingers crossed they get some more in 
    Id do some ringing around. Sub ND aren’t in the same league demand-wise as the LV, BLNR etc etc.

Master
    My local dealer that does keep lists BUT only for local people states 18 months for non date sub and 6-9 months for date sub...figure that out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    If I understand that right, you are on the list at that dealer for an ND and they're saying 18 months, but they've had one in and sold it to Ryan who isn't on the list but just happened to be walking by and saw it in the window.

That right?
    That is correct. 5th August this year I had exactly the same discussion in this same thread with the same members about the same watch from the same dealer. They wouldn’t even allow me on to the list but Ryan could have had one that day as they had one in the safe.

Ryan spends a fortune with them, it makes sense. And he’s done the forum a huge solid and grabbed the ND for buyers on SC. Unfortunately there is a small portion of the Venn diagram that it doesn’t benefit on this occasion - members of TZUK on the Kingston Fraser Hart ND list who missed his SC post.

Master
    Is their a masochistic element creeping in here? A joint sharing of the indignities and unfairness of life if you want a Rolex?
    Life is so hard, then they want to keep the guarantee card!

Lucky man phoned them today to check on progress up the list for the ND and got quoted 18months still hopefully trying to get one for when I get married in 12months so fingers crossed they get some more in
    Sub ND while being popular in the WIS community, was never a popular watch for joe public, and many years ago considered as the entry level poor mans rolex. Staggering it on such a long waiting list

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    That is correct. 5th August this year I had exactly the same discussion in this same thread with the same members about the same watch from the same dealer. They wouldn’t even allow me on to the list but Ryan could have had one that day as they had one in the safe.

Ryan spends a fortune with them, it makes sense. And he’s done the forum a huge solid and grabbed the ND for buyers on SC. Unfortunately there is a small portion of the Venn diagram that it doesn’t benefit on this occasion - members of TZUK on the Kingston Fraser Hart ND list who missed his SC post.
    Then the question needs to be asked, why put a watch in the window if you have a waiting list for them? 🤔

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Then the question needs to be asked, why put a watch in the window if you have a waiting list for them?
    Guys lists (if there is actually a list) rarely gets honoured. It’s used more like a back up when VIPs decline the watch, it sits on the window too long etc....

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    My local dealer that does keep lists BUT only for local people states 18 months for non date sub and 6-9 months for date sub...figure that out.
    I could believe it.
    I’ve got some much harder to get models, and have fancied a ND for a while.
    I had a ceramic sub date back in 2014 but traded it for my BLNR but always still fancied a ND 114060 for some reason.

Anyway I’ve waited a good while, and been offered a few date subs along the way. Just got my 114060 last month and absolutely LOVE it’s simplicity.

I’ve been told ADs get far less of them than date subs and demand is still strong for Non Date. Plus the price point is that bit cheaper.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post

Lol I’ve just trawled back and seen the previous posts, history repeating itself 😂. I guess I’ll have to wait and see, I bought my milgauss from them a few years ago so hopefully they won’t totally ignore me. Also one of the guys at work might be in the picture for a DJ so maybe a deal can be made. It’s all part of a very frustrating game.

I've pretty much given up any hope of replacing my BLNR. Goldsmiths are telling me I should have a SS GMT by Xmas (been waiting 18 months) but I fear I'll always still want the BLNR.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Then the question needs to be asked, why put a watch in the window if you have a waiting list for them?
    Wasn't in the window at that store. I was on a list in order to help a fellow member here but he passed on it so I offered it to someone who would keep it and not flip it. I've done this several times before with the AD staff I've got a relationship with and where they know that I've vetted the member and they've gone in to complete the sale F2F.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 20th October 2018 at 14:53.

Recently I bought a waiting list piece and I casually enquired about another very hard to get model. I had it within two weeks. The gist I got was if you were buying for yourself the watches could be got pretty quickly. If the AD knows you and is confident you’ll not flip them, they seem to be able to source wanted models. I would imagine if you have no history you will struggle to get any wanted models as the ADs are so cautious as to not sell to flippers. Any sign of previous history and watch retention and they seem happy to sell sell sell. I’m hoping to get one out of two grail pieces sooner rather than later with the second grail hopefully not too far off after that!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Wasn't in the window at that store. I was on a list in order to help a fellow member here but he passed on it so I offered it to someone who would keep it and not flip it. I've done this several times before with the AD staff I've got a relationship with and where they know that I've vetted the member and they've gone in to complete the sale F2F.
    That's really nice of you and in the spirit of the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Recently I bought a waiting list piece and I casually enquired about another very hard to get model. I had it within two weeks. The gist I got was if you were buying for yourself the watches could be got pretty quickly. If the AD knows you and is confident you’ll not flip them, they seem to be able to source wanted models. I would imagine if you have no history you will struggle to get any wanted models as the ADs are so cautious as to not sell to flippers. Any sign of previous history and watch retention and they seem happy to sell sell sell. I’m hoping to get one out of two grail pieces sooner rather than later with the second grail hopefully not too far off after that!
    That's great to hear, what peices were they?

I posted recently about an LN GMT available in the window in the Taunton AD.

I'm after a BNLR and an LV. I'm notionally on the list at a few dealers but who knows when/if I'll get the call. Happy to wait but keeping an eye on this thread just in case someone spots one out in the wild!
    Last edited by Bluebird84; 21st October 2018 at 00:15. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird84 View Post
    That's great to hear, what peices were they?

I posted recently about an LN GMT available in the window in the Taunton AD.

I'm after a BNLR and an LV. I'm notionally on the list at a few dealers but who knows when/if I'll get the call. Happy to wait but keeping an eye on this thread just in case someone spots one out in the wild!
    Steel skydweller and BLNR. BLNR was a two week wait after a casual mention. I do feel sorry for the people who say they’ve been waiting 12 months+ etc. Then again, I have proven track record with the AD so maybe they feel justified selling me watches due to my purchasing history...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Steel skydweller and BLNR. BLNR was a two week wait after a casual mention. I do feel sorry for the people who say they’ve been waiting 12 months+ etc. Then again, I have proven track record with the AD so maybe they feel justified selling me watches due to my purchasing history...
    That's awesome. I've been waiting a while but that's with zero buying history. I can certainly imagine it does make a difference though.

Enjoy your watches!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by mjoranga View Post
    This is what I spotted when I was at Abu dhabi Terminal 3 last Sept 27. There's more than this but I'm not interested with the other displays.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?

Master
    Indeed, but no idea once you're back to your country with regards to tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantasub View Post
    So if I really wanted, I could be having a holiday in Abu Dabi and just pick a sub up? At list price?
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    'Ill take the second one down please'.
    'Which one, Sir?'
    'All of them!'

Master
    'Ill take the second one down please'.
    'Which one, Sir?'
    'All of them!'

LOL.

Master
    For anyone thinking about a speculative trip to Reykjavik, don’t bother, the entire Rolex window is full of Datejusts.

Craftsman
    Nothing at LHR T3 this morning

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Explorer 214270 Michael Spiers Taunton yesterday.

Explorer 1 and 2, Airking, Yachtmaster 1 and the usual datejusts in Rolex Budapest today. I asked about the Pepsi GMT and was met with the inevitable 'global shortage' narrative but the sales guy couldn't have been more apologetic of the situation and immediately went to one of the cupboards and handed me a bag containing the latest catalog. This is more than I've ever got from any UK AD. He also clocked my BLNR and said "make sure you keep hold of that one, Sir".

Master
    David Robinson Manchester have bi metal white Sky Dweller for £13200 and bi metal GMT Master for £10000 which I can only think is RRP for these watches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Explorer 1 and 2, Airking, Yachtmaster 1 and the usual datejusts in Rolex Budapest today. I asked about the Pepsi GMT and was met with the inevitable 'global shortage' narrative but the sales guy couldn't have been more apologetic of the situation and immediately went to one of the cupboards and handed me a bag containing the latest catalog. This is more than I've ever got from any UK AD. He also clocked my BLNR and said "make sure you keep hold of that one, Sir".
    I live in Budapest and they are very friendly in the store. The issue here is with the high VAT rate, the watches are expensive vs. U.K.

Wonder if they know something we don't re BLNR. I've been to that AD while on a city break and very nice people but not a lot of stock. You would expect a half decent selection because of the sky high VAT but then not many poor people buy Rolex to begin with. If half the SS pro models went up by £1k there would be no dip in demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post

Anyone know how RRP prices in the UAE compare to UK?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    Anyone know how RRP prices in the UAE compare to UK?
    Everywhere outside the U.K. is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Everywhere outside the U.K. is more expensive.
    That makes a change.

I knew Europe was more expensive, but didn’t realise everywhere else was.

Cheapest places to buy Rolex worldwide iirc are UK and Japan.

It's only cheaper elsewhere if you don't declare with and save the vat which is a different question entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSWATCH View Post
    That makes a change.

I knew Europe was more expensive, but didn’t realise everywhere else was.

Craftsman
    Just got back from Abu Dhabi this weekend, and they didn't have any sports professional models.. The sales person mentioned they haven't been receiving many sports models recently. Prices are higher than the UK, but below the grey dealer prices...

WoS in Cardiff had a black explorer 2 in the window yesterday.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    WoS in Cardiff had a black explorer 2 in the window yesterday.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
    Thanks on my way !

Really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    Thanks on my way !