closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 27 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 4033

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Yes, I have been persuaded by one of the posts above which referenced the Daytona (116520/116500), which is a similar situation (desirable watch replaced by a more desirable one)... the 116520 prices have continued to rise with the Ceramic, but do seem to keep a few k behind.
    Aye, Miltons listed a Daytona yesterday (non ceramic) for £15k. It’s sold already. 9 months ago ceramics were that much....

Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Don’t want to start a fresh thread but I just came back from Singapore and they had a BLNR (new one on jubilee), ceramic sub and ceramic daytona (black face) in a cabinet with a sign saying “these are for demonstration purposes only and not for sale”.

They were working watches mind,m (I tried the daytona) not dummies set at 10 to 2 or suchlike, hang tag on the bracelet and so on. The assistant was rude and not intent on talking or explaining what it was about so I left but am now wondering if I missed a trick? (Saying that I only want the white face daytona anyhow so I’m not too upset).

Anyone seen this before?
    One of the AD’s on Orchard Road had the full ss sports line up with the same “display only” signs. I found it quite amusing, I think the salesman did too. He was basically saying to me, “what do I have to sell?” Gesturing at a cabinet with about 4 x datejust models!
    The service in AD’s is hit and miss but I think they don’t understand my accent half the time so are unsure what I’m talking about.
    To be fair to them I’ve heard tourists asking about Rolex ss sports & PP Nautilus multiple times already so think they’re as fed up with it as everyone else.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Aye, Miltons listed a Daytona yesterday (non ceramic) for £15k. It’s sold already. 9 months ago ceramics were that much....
    Ah, that would've been mine, I sold it last week along with my Sub Date. The were both in as new condition. I didn't check how much the were up for, but I was happy with the price I got and it was risk free and quick. BTW Miltons paid me twice by mistake, Heywood sent me a nice email to thank me for sending back the over payment, and kindly donated £100 to a charity as thanks.

Master
    Michael Spier’s in Plymouth had white and black OPs and blue dialled oyster/smooth bezel 2019 Datejust. The DJ looked awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Yacht Master 37 ref 268622

Saw one in the window of Watches of Switzerland in Canary Wharf, along with a SS DateJust 41 ref 126300

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    You would have thought so but I’ve been to Harrods today and they only had probably 25-30 watches for sale out of 8 cases. 75% of the cushions were empty.
    I was in Harrods a couple of weeks ago and saw the same thing. Their Rolex concession is huge and yet there are no bloody watches in there to sell.

Well, none that anyone sensible would want, anyhow.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Merch131 View Post
    Ah, that would've been mine, I sold it last week along with my Sub Date. The were both in as new condition. I didn't check how much the were up for, but I was happy with the price I got and it was risk free and quick. BTW Miltons paid me twice by mistake, Heywood sent me a nice email to thank me for sending back the over payment, and kindly donated £100 to a charity as thanks.

Bet Heywood’s blood pressure flickered slightly upward when he realised what had happened ?

A nice touch from him for the charity donation, and well done you for a prompt response.

Goldsmiths, Watford Intu have a DJ 41 blue baton dial , fluted bezel on a Jubilee.

Seems to be a popular model if anyone is interested.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    I was in Harrods a couple of weeks ago and saw the same thing. Their Rolex concession is huge and yet there are no bloody watches in there to sell.

Well, none that anyone sensible would want, anyhow.
    Went there myself a few months back , it was empty bar possibly 3 watches. Started speaking to the gentleman there and he basically said every 5 mins people will come in and enquire about the same watches gmt , hulks , Daytonas , but as it was harrods and they have regulars who even do their weekly shop from there , all their "hot" stock is spoken for well in advance .

Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    Went there myself a few months back , it was empty bar possibly 3 watches. Started speaking to the gentleman there and he basically said every 5 mins people will come in and enquire about the same watches gmt , hulks , Daytonas , but as it was harrods and they have regulars who even do their weekly shop from there , all their "hot" stock is spoken for well in advance .
    Yup I heard the same. Even standing there in Harrods Rolex area, multiple Chinese tourists came in pointing at photos of a Daytona’s, Hulks, BLNR, Pepsi etc.....only to get shown the door.

Dropped by the Rolex shop in HK Airport last night as I do whenever I am wandering around an airport. They had one sports Rolex in the safe, a SD Deep Blue and offered it for $HK98k. I declined but thats the first time I have had a 'hit'. Shame it wasnt an SD43 or I would have been trapped!

What about PM Daytona's in Harrods

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Not in the window, but Solid gold blue sub, and TT black sub available at Goldsmiths Metro Centre.

Apprentice
    Goldsmiths at Merry Hill was devoid of anything today apart from a preowned Batman at a smidge under £14k. Bizzarely I was invited to put my name on the waiting list for a new one or a Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Goldsmiths at Merry Hill was devoid of anything today apart from a preowned Batman at a smidge under £14k. Bizzarely I was invited to put my name on the waiting list for a new one or a Pepsi.

Did you join the “list”?

Apprentice
    Already on it, but that was only after I bought my explorer at another branch.

It just took me by surprise that I was invited to go on it as a walk-in.

Craftsman
    Was down Burlington Arcade Friday doing some shopping in the area, lovely 2018 116610LV in the window. Made an enquiry, only wanted £15,500.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PSTW View Post
    Saw one in the window of Watches of Switzerland in Canary Wharf, along with a SS DateJust 41 ref 126300
    By any chance the YM is still available? Canary Wharf is quite a long commute for me to check.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesycake7 View Post
    By any chance the YM is still available? Canary Wharf is quite a long commute for me to check.
    Surely just give them a call in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by mak_35 View Post
    Started speaking to the gentleman there and he basically said every 5 mins people will come in and enquire about the same watches gmt , hulks , Daytonas , but as it was harrods and they have regulars who even do their weekly shop from there , all their "hot" stock is spoken for well in advance .
    Being asked for something you can’t sell every 5 minutes would get annoying very quick.

You can almost understand the stickers, papers, sign this contract in blood attitude of some AD’s, Rolex really are the master of branding..

Craftsman
    I visit CW monthly, that was my last trip. Sorry mate, worth a call though?

Craftsman
    Does anyone know if TT CHNRs are still displayed on windows nowadays? Guessing not?

Does anyone know if TT CHNRs are still displayed on windows nowadays? Guessing not?
    WF will buy for more than RRP so guessing not. Will be an allocation piece now.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Being asked for something you can’t sell every 5 minutes would get annoying very quick.

You can almost understand the stickers, papers, sign this contract in blood attitude of some AD’s, Rolex really are the master of branding..
    To be fair he was a very nice guy . He knew my question prior to me asking , yet was still polite in his reply . Had a good chat about the current state of Rolexes , and he did mention that due to the issues with S/S models he has sold alot of previously unloved stock .

When will all this madness end

Master
    When all of the "previously unloved" stock is sold??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Made my first Rolex AD round in central London this week (last time was ~3 years ago).

Oh my god its dire. The Rolex windows (outside and in) are a compelte wasteland of empty cushions, ocationally scattered with some lady's gold watches. It must be hell working there, not having anything at all to sell. There's not even waiting lists.

Last time I did this, they all had drawers of Subs etc, not GMT's or Daytones but still.

I was looking to try the 'new' OP 39, none of them had it. Grey's is the only way apparently, even they admitted to it.

So there is the official RSP, and then the actual market price at the Grey's next door. Mental.
    Last edited by aph123; 12th September 2019 at 09:57.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aph123 View Post
    Made my first Rolex AD round in central London this week (last time was ~3 years ago).

Oh my god its dire. The Rolex windows (outside and in) are a compelte wasteland of empty cushions, ocationally scattered with some lady's gold watches. It must be hell working there, not having anything at all to sell. There's not even waiting lists.

Last time I did this, they all had drawers of Subs etc, not GMT's or Daytones but still.

I was looking to try the 'new' OP 39, none of them had it. Grey's is the only way apparently, even they admitted to it.

So there is the official RSP, and then the actual market price at the Grey's next door. Mental.
    OP39s are still easily available out of London I believe. Same situation in HK with greys right next to ADs

Journeyman
    i assume the rolex staff dont get paid commission then as theres bugger all to sell.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Well this numpty is trying to get £9,000 for a used Air King so the bubble continues to expand!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-Role...m/323912088794

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Well this numpty is trying to get £9,000 for a used Air King so the bubble continues to expand!

if that sells for 9k the worlds gone tits up. lol

OP39s are still easily available out of London I believe.
    There’s a member looking for one in this thread:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...P-114300-white

Could you post details of where they’re easily available.

Quote Originally Posted by aph123 View Post

Yeah that’s pretty much the standard experience now, which is a great shame.
    That said, it’s making me look really hard at the 4/5 digit references for my next purchase.

Craftsman

He’s not a numpty at all , no harm in trying to get that price when you’re selling.

Craftsman

When I clicked on the link I was half expecting to see his listing vandalised by the bitter disapproval of forum members baulking at the price and the sheer nerve of the man for trying to sell his own watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    He’s not a numpty at all , no harm in trying to get that price when you’re selling.
    Surely it is being a prat listing something at £9k, when there’s a bunch of unworn ones on C24 at for £5300?

Craftsman
    Surely it is being a prat listing something at £9k, when there’s a bunch of unworn ones on C24 at for £5300?

Ever thought he doesn’t know about C24 ? , there’s loads of folk I know haven’t got a clue about watch forums and other selling sites , at worst he’s a chancer , good luck to him.

C24 is notorious for blaggers, I keep an eye on 14060 prices as I have one and some people are asking £15K! that's virtually double other 14060 full sets but they still try it on.

Ever thought he doesn’t know about C24 ? , there’s loads of folk I know haven’t got a clue about watch forums and other selling sites , at worst he’s a chancer , good luck to him.
    This is part of the problem to do with inflated market prices.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Surely with Google etc. he could arrive at a ballpark price for the highly expensive item he’s selling... he’s not selling a biro, why didn’t he take the trouble to find out the going rate? I’m sorry, he must be an imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    C24 is notorious for blaggers, I keep an eye on 14060 prices as I have one and some people are asking £15K! that's virtually double other 14060 full sets but they still try it on.
    Ha, that’s incredible!

That said I’ve seen similar things on eBay with all sorts of items. I’ve always been led to believe it’s so that their listing gets to the top (or bottom) of when someone sorts their search results by price.
    I can only assume they’re open to offers with a price that high if they are realistic about selling it.

Journeyman
    If it sells for that Im selling my one for 8k as it has a little dink in it

- - - Updated - - -

If it sells for that Im selling my one for 8k as it has a little dink in it

Yacht master 2 rose gold at my AD in Horsham West Sussex

Blog Entries
    Surely with Google etc. he could arrive at a ballpark price for the highly expensive item he’s selling... he’s not selling a biro, why didn’t he take the trouble to find out the going rate? I’m sorry, he must be an imbecile.
    He is not necessarily stupid. He may well be intentionally pushing up upper prices.

I saw exactly this happen (albeit at a much lower level) with CWC G10s on eBay. Back when prices were £50-£70 for an average, perfectly good pre-used G10, I saw a few vendors asking £150-£250 for unremarkable ones. And here we are now, six months or so later, and common prices for G10s are well over £100 on eBay.

Of course, all desirable watches are being pulled up in price indirectly by the Rolex effect (yes, even Seikos and G10s), but I felt that there was a concerted effort to push up asking prices of G10s. So why not Air-Kings too.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 13th September 2019 at 19:49.

Craftsman
    QDL in the Algarve , the local Rolex dealer had three YM in the window this morning.

Full size and medium size Rhodium faced , plus a full size two tone gold model.

No prices on show either.

This was in my window this evening!

QDL in the Algarve , the local Rolex dealer had three YM in the window this morning.

Full size and medium size Rhodium faced , plus a full size two tone gold model.

No prices on show either.
    The YM is under appreciated, but definitely not in two tone...

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post

This was in my window this evening!
    Can I put my name down on the waiting list? No previous purchase history, but I’m not a flipper honest! 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    No time soon.

Couple of DJs in Fraser Hart Kingston

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk