closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Blog Entries
    Black OP39 in the window of Mappin & Webb, Mayfair earlier today.

Also there was a black dial Audemars Piguet 15500ST in Selfridges this am. The sales guy nearly came in his pants when showing me as apparently it is 'super rare'. £20k for that watch is stupid though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 7th February 2020 at 19:54.

I bet Rolex are glad they didn't give in and ramp up production given the current situation in their Chinese and HK markets.

I eagerly await a glut of Rolex Unicorns!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Last time I saw one locally was DMR Altrincham June 2018, a GMT LN and 116660 DSSD. Still kicking myself re the LN
    Saw an LN in Leeds this time last year, if I recall. Funny I didn’t think more of it at the time. I’ve seen some joker on eBay who has listed one at £10,500 or similar.

Craftsman
    OP's freely available, whatever next?

I wonder when the first SS Professional piece will hit the windows as the bubble deflates.

Last time I saw one locally was DMR Altrincham June 2018, a GMT LN and 116660 DSSD. Still kicking myself re the LN
    I still have a desire for the OP 39 but it just does bot seem to sit well on my smaller wrist (6.75"). Glad they are becoming more prevalent in stores however.

Shame about the LN, it's my favourite of my small collection!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I still have a desire for the OP 39 but it just does bot seem to sit well on my smaller wrist (6.75"). Glad they are becoming more prevalent in stores however.

Shame about the LN, it's my favourite of my small collection!
    It was a shame but not as big a shame as walking away from a lightly worn SD4000K in Mays Pawnbrokers, Manchester Royal Exchange Arcade that same Summer, listed at....£5,550!
    Live and learn!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    What about the 36 or 34? Is there a big difference in dial choice? I've a small wrist [well two, actually] and I'm delighted with my 34mm (old style) Air King.
    Last edited by David_D; 7th February 2020 at 21:53.

Master
    It was a shame but not as big a shame as walking away from a lightly worn SD4000K in Mays Pawnbrokers, Manchester Royal Exchange Arcade that same Summer, listed at....£5,550!
    Live and learn!
    Ouch!!

Mind you, I missed a £570 (new in AD window) Explorer 1016 back in the day.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Also there was a black dial Audemars Piguet 15500ST in Selfridges this am. The sales guy nearly came in his pants when showing me as apparently it is 'super rare'. £20k for that watch is stupid though

Why do you say that about the AP please?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    What about the 36 or 34? Is there a big difference in dial choice? I've a small wrist [well two, actually] and I'm delighted with my 34mm (old style) Air King.
    I've tried a 36mm but it seemed just a touch too small, I think I need a 38 non maxi case version......maybe this Basel will be the one!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Why do you say that about the AP please?
    Ok stupid isn't the right word as theoretically spending above £50 on a watch could be deemed stupid. For me that AP didn't feel like a £20k watch. It felt like a £10k watch. Bracelet was nice but you can get better even at a quarter of the price. Also it didn't feel as well proportioned as the smaller and older Royal Oaks did. Fit and finish was nice but again a Grand Seiko is better finished at a third of the price. I know relative value is irrelevant at this end of the market but if I was spending £20k on a SS watch I'd be looking at the VC Overseas as a direct competitor that I think is a better watch and after discount much cheaper.

Craftsman
    The two AP price increases have created a gap between AP and other that didn’t exist 12 months ago. Would I pay £19,900 for a 15500 when I can get a VC Overseas 4500 at RRP of £17,400 and you can haggle at new. Whereas AP have increased prices by 20% over the last year, the Overseas was reduced by £700!

Owning the VC and a AP RO Chrono, the VC is by a distance better value for money, with a top end bracelet, plus two straps and the easy change mechanism meaning you actually can wear it on different occasions with 30 seconds effort to switch!

Own the GS SBGJ227 as well and would agree that the finishing stacks up, the dial of my GS is a work of art, and that’s comparing to both the AP and VC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Explorer 2 in the shop in Geneva airport. Not sure if it’s actually for sale though...

- - - Updated - - -

Explorer 2 in the shop in Geneva airport. Not sure if it’s actually for sale though...

Again not a Rolex but a PP 5164 available in Siam Paragon in Bangkok. Grey prices are plummeting on these and after UK Vat it will cost £32.5k and a grey would offer you less so not a safe flip for anyone but if someone wants a keeper and can't get one from an AD (and is in Thailand!) theres one

Journeyman
    I was in Dubai recently and was told that the factory shuts in January, so that you wouldn't get much anything through.

So they hike the prices and starve demand....sounds like normal service!

Journeyman
    OP's freely available, whatever next?

I wonder when the first SS Professional piece will hit the windows as the bubble deflates.

I could have picked up a white OP 39 in Dubai with a 10% discount which is pretty standard over there. I had been waiting over here for 3 months as I've already utilised my 2 waiting list berths on SS models. Seems they're mainly popular here.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    I could have picked up a white OP 39 in Dubai with a 10% discount which is pretty standard over there. I had been waiting over here for 3 months as I've already utilised my 2 waiting list berths on SS models. Seems they're mainly popular here.
    Everything is popular here, there is even a wait for the Air King

Master
    Maybe the first thing will be that people on ”lists” who actually want watches to wear will get a look in.

I’m heavily promoting the ‘burst bubble’ line in the hope that may come true!
    Last edited by David_D; 8th February 2020 at 20:13.

So guys I know it is Hong Kong and that territory is getting slammed by politics and Coronavirus but 2 offers as thus. BNIB SS Pepsi - £9780. BNIB SS Batwoman - £9100. No EU VAT to pay as sent from Ireland. I can't share the grey dealer details because of bad behaviour from members here (long story) so no pm's pleading for an intro or your kid's 21st bday sob story (if that was even true put money in a tracker for them instead FFS) but just know this is now what will get offered to the market as these prices filter through. Daytona prices still high. Patek SS grey prices plummeting also. You'll see greys in Hong Kong offering SS Patek at only 20% above RRP soon

Last edited by ryanb741; 8th February 2020 at 20:34.

Craftsman
    Sounds about right.

Paid a smudge over £10K for SS Pepsi 2 weeks ago.

So guys I know it is Hong Kong and that territory is getting slammed by politics and Coronavirus but 2 offers as thus. BNIB SS Pepsi - £9780. BNIB SS Batwoman - £9100. No EU VAT to pay as sent from Ireland. I can't share the grey dealer details because of bad behaviour from members here (long story) so no pm's pleading for an intro or your kid's 21st bday sob story (if that was even true put money in a tracker for them instead FFS) but just know this is now what will get offered to the market as these prices filter through. Daytona prices still high. Patek SS grey prices plummeting also. You'll see greys in Hong Kong offering SS Patek at only 20% above RRP soon

Wow

10k for a SS Pepsi seems a bargain. Even a smidge over seems great. Another £1.5k for a sub bracelet and you're done. Great watch.

Blog Entries

Seems a good price for a Pepsi.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Seems a good price for a Pepsi.
    Yip - but you have to add 20% if you want to bring it into the UK. Still a good price though....

Quote Originally Posted by rsteenekamp View Post
    Yip - but you have to add 20% if you want to bring it into the UK. Still a good price though....
    Seemingly no VAT.....
    That’s ridiculously cheap and about 4K cheaper than anything I’m seeing.
    It’ll be interesting to see if these prices filter through.....I’m doubtful we will see £10k BLROs

Master
    There was a milgauss in Chelmsford gold smiths last weekend. That surprised me.

I have been offered a Pepsi for 5000 but sorry I can’t share the details:-)

No VAT. Sent to uk from Ireland

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun

Master
    I take the Pepsi if it’s available! Fat chance probably

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    10k for a SS Pepsi seems a bargain. Even a smidge over seems great. Another £1.5k for a sub bracelet and you're done. Great watch.
    You mean like this? —- I just took off the bracelet from a SubC and put it on the 216710BLNR - perfect fit if you use the jubilee spring bars

Master
    I think that’s the perfect combo. Never liked the PCL.

You mean like this? —- I just took off the bracelet from a SubC and put it on the 216710BLNR - perfect fit if you use the jubilee spring bars
    Yep, just like that. I've put my SubC bracelet on my BLNR a couple or times but it's a lot of effort and takes the SubC out of the rotation while you're enjoying the bracelet. Would like a spare SubC bracelet just not at £1.5k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Sounds about right.

Was that from a UK dealer, international or private?

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Sounds about right.

New ceramic Pepsi? Where from?

Craftsman
    Yep, just like that. I've put my SubC bracelet on my BLNR a couple or times but it's a lot of effort and takes the SubC out of the rotation while you're enjoying the bracelet. Would like a spare SubC bracelet just not at £1.5k.
    The PCL's make the GMTc's for me. Really dress it up a little. Either way, £1.5K for the bracelet is crazy steep! :(

Master
    If anyone knows of a SS Pepsi around the £10k mark as mentioned above feel free to think of my WTB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    If anyone knows of a SS Pepsi around the £10k mark as mentioned above feel free to think of my WTB

Thanks
    I’ll be staggered if we see Pepsi’s filter through anywhere close to £10k.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I’ll be staggered if we see Pepsi’s filter through anywhere close to £10k.
    You might want to read the earlier posts in this thread a bit more carefully.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You might want to read the earlier posts in this thread a bit more carefully.
    I did....and I stand by what I said.

I’ll be staggered if we see new model Pepsi’s available generally at that price....eg these prices filtering through to the general market eg well known UK greys and resellers.

Cheapest I can see is £13.5k plus.
    Can you see any available around the 10 mark?

I’ll be staggered if we see new model Pepsi’s available generally at that price....eg these prices filtering through to the general market eg well known UK greys and resellers.

One person claims to have paid a touch over £10k and you're the one being told to read more carefully when talking about multiples of the same watch being offered at £10k in general. Amazing.

Yes

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Yes
    Assuming that story is true, it will be a while before we see the prices filtering through. It is an isolated ‘deal’.
    At present it is just not a reality.
    I can imagine it happening if the current downward trend continues. Who knows where the bottom of the current downturn is. But, I would not bet on it.

Master
    Perhaps it was in the window of Horrorlogy House.....I’ll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Assuming that story is true, it will be a while before we see the prices filtering through. It is an isolated ‘deal’.
    At present it is just not a reality.
    I can imagine it happening if the current downward trend continues. Who knows where the bottom of the current downturn is. But, I would not bet on it.
    My point exactly

One person claims to have paid a touch over £10k and you're the one being told to read more carefully when talking about multiples of the same watch being offered at £10k in general. Amazing.
    Exactly, thanks

Craftsman
    DJ41 with Oyster bracelet, smooth bezel. Blue dial with Roman numerals in Pragnell Stratford Upon Avon. Would have taken a picture but the store was yet to open. Stunning dial

Craftsman
    Is anyone after an Airking in the Midlands (UK). Let me know if you are and I’ll give you the details.
    Last edited by dickdutch; 15th February 2020 at 14:13.

Unsure whether the DJ 41 steel models are still in short supply, however If anyone was looking for a DJ41 blue dial, oyster smooth bezel, Fraser Hart Milton Keynes has one in the window. Amazing watch.

They also had a Dj36 blue dial.

Craftsman
    I'm after a TT root beer so if anyone happens to stumble across one in an AD window, a heads up will be greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk