closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 4075

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    The silver dial is the one, trust me. Absolutely gorgeous. I agree re: size. The OP41 wears well on my 18cm wrist. Now if only the 32xx movement issue wasn't a thing.....
    Is it really a thing? I have a feeling out of the millions that have been produced any “faulty” ones have been fixed under warranty. It may be a case of internet bias? On my tiny sample size of 2 32xx I’ve had no issues.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Is it really a thing? I have a feeling out of the millions that have been produced any “faulty” ones have been fixed under warranty. It may be a case of internet bias? On my tiny sample size of 2 32xx I’ve had no issues.
    Nothing has been fixed. Issue develops again after few months back from warranty repair.

I have a number of watches with, for example, the 3285 movement and to date I have experienced zero issues with any of those watches.

Grand Master
    Does anyone know exactly what the issues are with the 32xxxx movements? I guess Rolex will be loathe to share this information but naturally I`m curious. I would expect the root cause of the problem to have been established and modifications made accordingly. Some watches will give problems during the warranty period and will get fixed, others won't but will give problems later, that's how it usually works.

Apart from the longer power reserve, which is unnecessary, I don`t see what advantage the new design offers over the tried and tested 31xxx series. I recall reading about the design changes and the efforts to reduce friction around the escapement, thus allowing a weaker mainspring to be used which is longer and can provide the increase power reserve.

It's enough of a thing for one of our resident RSC watchmakers to declare he won't be buying anything with a 32xx movement in it.

The current poll on TRF gives the following.

71% say no issues
    4% say amplitude is low but timekeeping is fine
    25% say amplitude is low and timekeeping is off. Off is more than 5 seconds a day.

I have two, both with no issues.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    The current poll on TRF gives the following.

71% say no issues
    4% say amplitude is low but timekeeping is fine
    25% say amplitude is low and timekeeping is off. Off is more than 5 seconds a day.

I have two, both with no issues.

How many respondents to the question?

That's from 1300 plus so far.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    That's from 1300 plus so far.
    Ok so a big enough sample size to be statistically relevant… although arguably those with problems more likely to vote so probably skewed the results as it not a proper random sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Ok so a big enough sample size to be statistically relevant… although arguably those with problems more likely to vote so probably skewed the results as it not a proper random sample.
    Agree. My thoughts too.

This may be old news, but I just noticed prices have appeared on the Rolex website against watches that were previously listed as P.O.A. Includes diamond dials and meteorite dials.

For example the day-date below, which would probably be my pick from the Rolex line up if money was not a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    This may be old news, but I just noticed prices have appeared on the Rolex website against watches that were previously listed as P.O.A. Includes diamond dials and meteorite dials.

For example the day-date below, which would probably be my pick from the Rolex line up if money was not a factor.

I noticed that about a month ago. I was told that prices on the higher end precious metal watches were never previously advertised on the website due to the frequent fluctuation in gold and and platinum prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    I noticed that about a month ago. I was told that prices on the higher end precious metal watches were never previously advertised on the website due to the frequent fluctuation in gold and and platinum prices.

Yep that is correct. Many of the platinum watches with gem set stones for example were priced on application.

Master
    Didn’t have time to go in but my AD has a lot of less sought after models (obviously no professional models) in the window. I couldn’t immediately see the “display only” sign. Is it likely that’s the case?

Currently in Singapore, AD in the Marina Bay Sands Mall has a decent selection in the window (none marked 'display only'). SD, Exp II (black dial), Green Sub, Yachtmaster, loads of gold/bi-metal stuff.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Slightly OT but I was leading through the WF black Friday sale, gold skydweller on bracelet for 34k ish. Same thing was on their site at 55 about a year ago.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Currently in Singapore, AD in the Marina Bay Sands Mall has a decent selection in the window (none marked 'display only'). SD, Exp II (black dial), Green Sub, Yachtmaster, loads of gold/bi-metal stuff.
    None for sale to walk ins

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Were you there to ask?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Were you there to ask?
    He doesnt have to. There is 0% chance that a green sub for example is available for walkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Were you there to ask?
    Yes…..however even without me being there to ask, common sense tells you a green sub isn’t sitting in a window unloved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    Could not be bothered to go in and ask TBH - staff looked bored and were messing on their phones, not one person in the store the few times we walked past.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Could not be bothered to go in and ask TBH - staff looked bored and were messing on their phones, not one person in the store the few times we walked past.
    If they work in a shop where they've nothing to sell it's not surprising they were bored?

What's the point of the display? To entice people in and sell them some earrings? The whole Rolex thing is just weird.

Craftsman
    They still have a brand to maintain.
    It may be desirable to the generation that values this category, but how relevant would it be to the generations to come if they stop marketing, and subsequently exclusivity and demand?

Master
    I had to smile when Rory was presented with a Rolex as part of winning the race to Dubai. I half expected the display box on the presentation table to have a little sign next to it saying it was for exhibition only!

Journeyman
    They had a Rose Gold 40 with the chocolate baton dial in the window at Lakeside WOS/Goldsmiths yesterday early evening. Not seen a RG DD for sale in a very long time

The end of days are upon us

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonRolex19 View Post
    They had a Rose Gold 40 with the chocolate baton dial in the window at Lakeside WOS/Goldsmiths yesterday early evening. Not seen a RG DD for sale in a very long time

The end of days are upon us
    Being in the window doesn't mean that it's available

Grand Master
    Having been offered several precious metal pieces over the last 2 to 3 weeks, I think the above poster is correct to assume that they are more readily available

RIAC

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcan91 View Post
    Being in the window doesn't mean that it's available
    No flip profit in them anymore. Virtually all full gold models can now be bought at discount at grey, just like it always was. If you want to buy new, you will find it easily.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    No flip profit in them anymore. Virtually all full gold models can now be bought at discount at grey, just like it always was. If you want to buy new, you will find it easily.
    Ah good to know!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Having been offered several precious metal pieces over the last 2 to 3 weeks, I think the above poster is correct to assume that they are more readily available

I registered or expressed an interest in a Platinum DD at my regular AD many months ago , he couldn’t tell me the price or give me a guideline either.

I was in at the weekend for something for my wife and I mentioned if there’d be any updates on delivery and price , the answer to both was no.

But yet because of what I’ve read on here the price is up on the website, surely any employee worth his salt could have told me that ?

I’d be obliged if you get offered a PDD in the near future if you could let me know by pm

Thanks in advance.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    I registered or expressed an interest in a Platinum DD at my regular AD many months ago , he couldn’t tell me the price or give me a guideline either.

I was in at the weekend for something for my wife and I mentioned if there’d be any updates on delivery and price , the answer to both was no.

But yet because of what I’ve read on here the price is up on the website, surely any employee worth his salt could have told me that ?

I’d be obliged if you get offered a PDD in the near future if you could let me know by pm

Thanks in advance.
    I think those are a bit harder to get hold of than a Gold model but I could be wrong!

Master
    Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland now frequently have solid gold watches available for walk in customers. I know of Day Dates, Sky Dwellers and a yellow gold sub all currently unsold and available at Goldsmiths.

Platinum is normally a special order piece, so theyre unlikely to get one in for you unless they're convinced youre a solid buyer. They won't want to be stuck with that long term.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    Goldsmiths and Watches of Switzerland now frequently have solid gold watches available for walk in customers. I know of Day Dates, Sky Dwellers and a yellow gold sub all currently unsold and available at Goldsmiths.

Platinum is normally a special order piece, so theyre unlikely to get one in for you unless they're convinced youre a solid buyer. They won't want to be stuck with that long term.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post

Thanks in advance.
    If you fancy a bit of bling this is available to buy

Grand Master
    You also have to remember that this time of year all sales targets are being met with the sub £2k stuff and most watch houses are winding down for winter break so expect lower stock now and January we see a flush or so because as soon as the new models release everyone changes their allocation to the new stuff and demand drops further.
    RIAC

Craftsman

Glasgow today. Not surprising these models are for sale but interesting nether the less

Grand Master
    The tides turns and now we move from 'exhibition only' to 'these are for sale'

Perhaps Rolex could be more exotic with 'enthusiasts only'
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

Glasgow today. Not surprising these models are for sale but interesting nether the less

That sign looks pathetic. Agree, tables turned.
    Definitely not on brand at all and I’m sure Rolex marketing department would have something to say if they see that!

Have anyone seen an exhibition deep sea challenger? Really interested but don’t want to go on the list without trying one on.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Have anyone seen an exhibition deep sea challenger? Really interested but don’t want to go on the list without trying one on.
    An unwearable watch. Never seen one

RIAC

It would be the dumbest watch I’d ever bought but can’t get it out of my head!

Pretty sure I saw one on display in Mappin & Webb on regent st yesterday evening

I guess you've never seen his wrists either...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I guess you've never seen his wrists either...
    Only if the moonlight catches them in a darkened alley !
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I've sent you some pics on WhatsApp. It is horrific.

Unwearble with bad movement to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I've sent you some pics on WhatsApp.
    Good to know.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post

The tables have definitely turned!

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Pretty sure I saw one on display in Mappin & Webb on regent st yesterday evening
    Thanks