closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Could be 6 Months before this gets bumped again if you are waiting for a Sub, SD, GMT or Daytona in the window if we apply those strict rules.

I think the idea is to highlight where any difficult to obtain watches may be available; there’s no point bumping this thread with watches that are freely available in every high street!

You may had well have a G-Shocks in the window thread too!

I agree,

No point in hearing about EXP2, EXP1, Milgauss, YM, AK etc as they’re easy to get with minimal effort.

I recommend we highlight :

SubC
    ND Sub
    GMT black SS
    BLNR
    Deepsea Blue JC
    Hulk etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I agree,

No point in hearing about EXP2, EXP1, Milgauss, YM, AK etc as they’re easy to get with minimal effort.

I recommend we highlight :

SubC
    ND Sub
    GMT black SS
    BLNR
    Deepsea Blue JC
    Hulk etc.
    Personally I'd highlight the explorer 1 as well. A rarer beast than the 2 by some way

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    Personally I'd highlight the explorer 1 as well. A rarer beast than the 2 by some way
    Ive seen a few exp 1 in windows last few weeks, and always tempted to try one on.

Master
    Ive seen a few exp 1 in windows last few weeks, and always tempted to try one on.
    You might want to let others know the locations then as someone else was looking for one on this thread earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    You might want to let others know the locations then as someone else was looking for one on this thread earlier today
    I saw one at a London AD sitting in the window, one in York at the AD, one in each Glasgow AD in last few weeks too.

Honestly it’s not a hard watch to find and should be found with a handful of phone calls.

I saw one at a London AD sitting in the window, one in York at the AD, one in each Glasgow AD in last few weeks too.

Honestly it’s not a hard watch to find and should be found with a handful of phone calls.
    It goes in fits and starts; there are non for ages then a new batch arrives and they’re readily available for a few weeks.

Rinse and repeat!

I was in Goldsmiths in Oxford today and they had an Explorer 1 and both polar and black Explorer 2s... along with both black and blue Milgauss’ and his and hers Yachtmasters

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I was in Goldsmiths in Oxford today and they had an Explorer 1 and both polar and black Explorer 2s... along with both black and blue Milgauss’ and his and hers Yachtmasters

..............but I’m guessing no :

SubC
    ND Sub
    hulk
    BLNR
    SD43

These are the ones people are searching out.

Master
    Does it really hurt, I'm sure some people just like to moan and make up rules.

SubC
    ND Sub
    hulk
    BLNR
    SD43

You’re right, none of the above, was told 3-4 year wait for a ND Sub, longer for LV and said the new Pepsi GMT was going to be rarer than Daytona and that the manager was strictly in charge of who went on the list for one!

I have been seriously considering making the change from 14060 to a 114060... but I’m now wondering if I’m worthy? I never thought it would be so hard to give many thousands of pounds away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunscrossed View Post
    Does it really hurt, I'm sure some people just like to moan and make up rules.
    No, some of us use this forum with Tapatalk on our phones and as a subscribed thread each time someone says there’s an Exp1/2 etc I get a pop up on my phone which of course I will check!

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post

I have been seriously considering making the change from 14060 to a 114060... but I’m now wondering if I’m worthy? I never thought it would be so hard to give many thousands of pounds away.

Unless you have to have a new 114060, you’ll have no trouble swapping your 14060 for one assuming it’s in decent condition.
    You may even be able to get a little cash your way too!

Master
    Why start deleting any watches from a list of “rarer” watches, if you don’t want or need a explorer 2 then move on and don’t comment, this is a Rolex in the window thread, post whatever is in the window, does it really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    No, some of us use this forum with Tapatalk on our phones and as a subscribed thread each time someone says there’s an Exp1/2 etc I get a pop up on my phone which of course I will check!
    Well that’ll be five seconds of your life wasted then

SubC
    ND Sub
    hulk
    BLNR
    SD43

Was there any need for you to repeat yourself?
    We heard you the first time.
    Personally, I like to read what is available.

Then just unsubscribe and take a look every now and again.
    Which is what I shall do after pressing the submit button :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post

Then just unsubscribe and take a look every now and again.
    Which is what I shall do after pressing the submit button :-)

But then he might miss out on a profit, sorry, a Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    But then he might miss out on a profit, sorry, a Rolex.
    If I wanted profit I wouldn’t be looking for a ND Sub and happy to leave the warranty card at the AD for a year. I do not buy to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Unless you have to have a new 114060, you’ll have no trouble swapping your 14060 for one assuming it’s in decent condition.
    You may even be able to get a little cash your way too!
    Fair point, I don’t need to have new... The more I think about it, the more I ponder the idea that there may be room for both?

Craftsman
    Preston’s in Wilmslow
    Standard...Deep sea dweller .

Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Why start deleting any watches from a list of “rarer” watches, if you don’t want or need a explorer 2 then move on and don’t comment, this is a Rolex in the window thread, post whatever is in the window, does it really matter.

Various DJ and two tone Daytona’s available in all AD’s I walked past Friday...should I update the thread everyday because I’m sure they’ll still be there Monday when I walk past...?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Various DJ and two tone Daytona’s available in all AD’s I walked past Friday...should I update the thread everyday because I’m sure they’ll still be there Monday when I walk past...?
    Post what you like, it’s your time, your post will be read then replaced by the next post.

Blog Entries
    Why do that? If you say they're there once it's sufficient surely.

Craftsman
    Goldsmiths Bullring is currently closed for refurbishment, they are also extending their Rolex & Cartier area, and notices tell customers to all go to Watches of Switzerland on New street.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EmilA View Post
    notices tell customers to all go to Watches of Switzerland on New street.
    Where they also won’t be able to get 5heir hands on anything desirable🤡🤡

Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Post what you like, it’s your time, your post will be read then replaced by the next post.

Cool see you Monday.

Craftsman
    If anyone fancies a trip to the west of Ireland, the local AD (Hartmanns) here in Galway has a stainless steel date Sub, one blue and one standard rose gold date subs in the window. No idea if they’re doing the warranty card nonsense.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie3585 View Post
    If anyone fancies a trip to the west of Ireland, the local AD (Hartmanns) here in Galway has a stainless steel date Sub, one blue and one standard rose gold date subs in the window. No idea if they’re doing the warranty card nonsense.
    Is that the one opposite Brown Thomas?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatschris81 View Post
    Is that the one opposite Brown Thomas?

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yessir, the very one.

Cool see you Monday.
    Apologies for the late reply...black and white exp 2 in WoS Canary Wharf alongside a Milgauss and YM...

Craftsman
    White face Explorer II at Mappin & Webb, Regent Street today.

Master
    haha this thread is turning into which ADs have an explorer II and milgauss on display LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    haha this thread is turning into which ADs have an explorer II and milgauss on display LOL

Yep! This is why I asked that people don’t post if it’s only an Exp1/2 AK or MG or YM etc. Telling us an AD has an EXP 2 is like someone telling you Tesco have milk in stock.

Yep! This is why I asked that people don’t post if it’s only an Exp1/2 AK or MG or YM etc. Telling us an AD has an EXP 2 is like someone telling you Tesco have milk in stock.
    Yep.

You joke, but I know of someone on an AD’s list for a white ExpII...

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Crazy fool 😂😂

That’s shocking. I just sold mine a few months ago for £4,650 in great condition full set with a Rolex warranty and I think I got off lightly.

The only reason I would buy one from an AD is to help build credit for the next watch. A Home Counties AD told me they couldn’t give me discount on an Exp2 but could get me a daytona within a year or the next D-Blue he gets if I bought the Exp2. His AD will love him!

That’s shocking. I just sold mine a few months ago for £4,650 in great condition full set with a Rolex warranty and I think I got off lightly.

The only reason I would buy one from an AD is to help build credit for the next watch. A Home Counties AD told me they couldn’t give me discount on an Exp2 but could get me a daytona within a year or the next D-Blue he gets if I bought the Exp2. His AD will love him!
    I guess the majority are not like us here and don’t know the full picture and if they are told there’s a wait they except it! Just like the poor soul who told me he purchased the limited edition green 116610LV as an investment and his AD didn’t know now many they would get, which has now been in production around 8 years now (I think)

My local GS had two people waiting on a TT Sub at full retail.

I guess the majority are not like us here and don’t know the full picture and if they are told there’s a wait they except it! Just like the poor soul who told me he purchased the limited edition green 116610LV as an investment and his AD didn’t know now many they would get, which has now been in production around 8 years now (I think)

A mate at work traded a black dial Daytona (last version) and a 6 month old white/silver dial AP RO for a yellow gold Daytona. Still can’t believe he did it! Silly.

TT white dial Sky Dweller in the window of DMR Manchester at about 2pm this afternoon. Not sure how hard they are to find but they’re selling for a premium of 2k+ on WF and I’ve never seen one in the window before.

Apologies to the forum police if this model isn’t sought after enough to warrant a mention here.

Master
    Went through Heathrow T5 yesterday and the only sport model they had was the blue dialed Yachtmaster. Trying it on, I noticed two scratches on the bezel - really surprised and disappointed to see that, and has put me off the Yachtmaster if the expensive platinum bezel is such a scratch magnet that it gets damaged before leaving the store

No chance round here. I actually had one AD giggle before answering when I asked about Sub wait lists....

Craftsman

To be fair don't think his investment has been too bad if he bought an LV 8 years ago its got to be worth a fair bit more now ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post
    To be fair don't think his investment has been too bad if he bought an LV 8 years ago its got to be worth a fair bit more now ?
    Oh no think he picked up the LV couple years back!

Oh no think he picked up the LV couple years back!
    Even paying list for one today, he’s likely to be able to more than recoup his money so it can hardly be considered a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Even paying list for one today, he’s likely to be able to more than recoup his money so it can hardly be considered a bad move.
    No but hardly an investment! My main point was the BS line from the AD selling it under the LE and investment angle.

Craftsman
    No but hardly an investment! My main point was the BS line from the AD selling it under the LE and investment angle.
    Sure they could have made more on the stock market but also lost a lot more. It’s almost certainly been a better investment than the return they would have had just keeping it in the best savings account.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    No chance round here. I actually had one AD giggle before answering when I asked about Sub wait lists....
    If it's a standard date/no date I know of an AD very close to you who is getting 1 a month at the minute.

Craftsman
    Picked up my 116610LV at full list yesterday. By the sounds of it another bad investment 😂 Good job it looks stunning in the sun🌞