closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 4069

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    What is the point of that. Here’s the watches that you cannot buy. Reminds me of the end of Bullseye on TV - here’s what you could have won.
    Read post #2532 as I asked the same question….

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Read post #2532 as I asked the same question….
    Fair enough, but with over 2,500 posts on this thread I’m not going to read them all before posting, so I guess some duplication is inevitable from time to time. People have done the same to me and I usually just post ‘there’s an echo in here’

At least you can pop in and see them in person, maybe even try them on. Although not ideal it's a step in the right direction and should stop some people going on the list and then turning it down when they get the call.

Master
    Fair enough, but with over 2,500 posts on this thread I’m not going to read them all before posting, so I guess some duplication is inevitable from time to time. People have done the same to me and I usually just post ‘there’s an echo in here’
    I know, I only ever read the last few. Hope you didn’t mind me pointing it out, thought it may be helpful

Master
    I’ve just come back from a few days away and there was a TT Wimbledon Dial 36mm DJ on oyster bracelet , the list was £8850 .

Also in Doncaster they still have a WG Skydweller Ivory Dial ( stunning as well ) at a previously Rolex AD ( few years ago and now it’s sister store is the AD ) at £3.5k off list as it’s not in pristine condition but is totally unworn.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    I’ve just come back from a few days away and there was a TT Wimbledon Dial 36mm DJ on oyster bracelet , the list was £8850 .

Also in Doncaster they still have a WG Skydweller Ivory Dial ( stunning as well ) at a previously Rolex AD ( few years ago and now it’s sister store is the AD ) at £3.5k off list as it’s not in pristine condition but is totally unworn.
    Why is it not in pristine condition if unworn?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    What is the point of that. .
    I think it’s better than nothing Ken.

Looks better than empty windows.

Maybe let you try a couple of bracelet designs, see which looks/feels best?

Try it for size?

Demonstrate the bezel/glide lock?

Would potentially save a clients watch getting marked up (when it’s been shown to someone as we regularly see on here….)

It would be better if there were watches in the window however it doesn’t always work like that:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post
    Maybe it’s been tried on by all and sundry ? See above….

Saw this AD in sussex, all of 6 watches in the very large window. Stock is short obviously or in the special metal cupboard out back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TROYBOY79 View Post

Yes been tried on etc and a few shop storage marks I would imagine.

Master
    #2558 below could have been Robinsons in Mcr yesterday. Big windows for the Rolex display, v.little in them. other brands seemed plentiful.

Mappin Kingston. I assume these must be exhibition models but I see no sign

Yep exhibition sadly

Still nice to try on. Wouldn't mind seeing the different colours of the OP41 in person.

Was pretty nice on although the AD said he'd be dead before I got to the end of the waiting list lol. I did put my name down for the pink one so let's see

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Was pretty nice on although the AD said he'd be dead before I got to the end of the waiting list lol. I did put my name down for the pink one so let's see

Unsure if you are being sarcastic.

Can’t tell on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    As a fan of Rolex watches, I really can't even bring myself to bother walking into a Rolex AD currently to be honest. Bottom line, I don't enjoy the experience. It's not that they don't have watches to sell (although that doesn't help!), I find the whole atmosphere is wrong. I walked past a London AD with sports models in the window for display (shared here yesterday) and I just had no enthusiasm to even bother going in. Comments like the one you mentioned may be tongue-in-cheek, but honestly it makes the customer feel like a 2nd class citizen IMO.

At least with Rolex it's understandable, I don't blame the staff for not having stock and I'd likewise get weary in their shoes I imagine. There's no easy fix to excess demand, so I've sympathised with the Rolex position on other threads in the past. However I walked down that whole street of 'luxury' type stores (old bond street) and in every single doorway a security guard leered out uninvitingly. The 'we don't need to sell to you' attitude just seemed to be the prevailing feeling I got whenever we did pop in somewhere, despite these being stores full of stock with hardly a customer in sight... My wife commented on how ridiculous it felt and I felt the exact same. Perhaps that's my hang up, but I don't think so. We went shopping on Oxford Street instead. Maybe it's all part of some master marketing plan and in 10 years I'll be overcome with desire to buy from these places, but I can't help but feel these 'luxury' brands are driving away their future customer base with some false pretence of exclusivity.

\irrelevant rant over

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post

Unsure if you are being sarcastic.

Can’t tell on here.

The AD was being tongue in cheek but indicated supply is very scarce on the OPs in the UK. The watches were all working watches and not dummy watches though.

Journeyman
    With no or very few watches to sell, how do the single brand boutiques/ADs cover their overheads for that shop? Salaries, rent, rates, utilities etc - all add up?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    As a fan of Rolex watches, I really can't even bring myself to bother walking into a Rolex AD currently to be honest. Bottom line, I don't enjoy the experience. It's not that they don't have watches to sell (although that doesn't help!), I find the whole atmosphere is wrong. I walked past a London AD with sports models in the window for display (shared here yesterday) and I just had no enthusiasm to even bother going in. Comments like the one you mentioned may be tongue-in-cheek, but honestly it makes the customer feel like a 2nd class citizen IMO.

At least with Rolex it's understandable, I don't blame the staff for not having stock and I'd likewise get weary in their shoes I imagine. There's no easy fix to excess demand, so I've sympathised with the Rolex position on other threads in the past. However I walked down that whole street of 'luxury' type stores (old bond street) and in every single doorway a security guard leered out uninvitingly. The 'we don't need to sell to you' attitude just seemed to be the prevailing feeling I got whenever we did pop in somewhere, despite these being stores full of stock with hardly a customer in sight... My wife commented on how ridiculous it felt and I felt the exact same. Perhaps that's my hang up, but I don't think so. We went shopping on Oxford Street instead. Maybe it's all part of some master marketing plan and in 10 years I'll be overcome with desire to buy from these places, but I can't help but feel these 'luxury' brands are driving away their future customer base with some false pretence of exclusivity.

\irrelevant rant over
    Pretty much me also, one way or another.

Much as I like the designs I just don’t seem to be interested in all the games involved in getting one

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    With no or very few watches to sell, how do the single brand boutiques/ADs cover their overheads for that shop? Salaries, rent, rates, utilities etc - all add up?
    They have plenty of watches to sell.

They just don’t have to put them into the window display in order to sell them.

This is such a dull and pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

Master
    Blog Entries

\irrelevant rant over
    I think a lot of people feel the same, me included. I have my name down for a sub but I’m not holding my breath. The AD was perfectly nice and said maybe 1-2 years. If he calls it will be a surprise. If not no bother.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I tend to agree but there are far more in the BP.

Pretty extensive selection for viewing purposes in Mappin and Webb Nottingham, under new instruction from Rolex to display everything before collection from chatting to the lady in store.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think the thread has outlived its purpose since now what you see in window May not be for sale or might be dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I think the thread has outlived its purpose since now what you see in window May not be for sale or might be dummy.
    I think the dummies are stood staring in from the outside (me included)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I think a lot of people feel the same, me included. I have my name down for a sub but I’m not holding my breath. The AD was perfectly nice and said maybe 1-2 years. If he calls it will be a surprise. If not no bother.
    Sums up my situation exactly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

M&W Tunbridge Wells had CHNR GMT, Green OP, & 2 more sports models on display with a sign firmly saying display models only. Forgot to get a picture mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries

\irrelevant rant over
    Edinburgh has succumbed to this too. The "what do you want?" attitude when you enter and inability to just let you browse the store without hassle really puts me off even going in nowadays. This discounting the complete lack of product knowledge of most of the staff. You don't have to be a nerd to study a bit the stupidly expensive items you're trying to sell.

They've even started wanting an appointment just to drop things off for service. Idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Edinburgh has succumbed to this too. The "what do you want?" attitude when you enter and inability to just let you browse the store without hassle really puts me off even going in nowadays. This discounting the complete lack of product knowledge of most of the staff. You don't have to be a nerd to study a bit the stupidly expensive items you're trying to sell.

They've even started wanting an appointment just to drop things off for service. Idiocy.
    I know exactly the AD you’re talking about.

I went to the door (on a quiet morning) to be met by a female SA holding an iPad. She asked if I had an appointment to which I said no.
    She said they were appointment only (offering one for later in the day) and I said not to bother. She was clear immediately that they had no steel sports models and an appointment was only to browse what was in stock (ladies models).
    Last edited by Nairn1980; 11th September 2021 at 22:40.

Quote Originally Posted by emmm View Post
    As mentioned, they have plenty to sell. Most stock comes in pre-allocated so never hits the window.
    It’s all sold zero discount and immediately, so trust me, they can easily cover salaries/rents/rates etc.

Craftsman
    The only shop window for 2021 Rolex is Chrono24 over 1000watches for sale. Way more than any other brands. Rolex are so shit at distribution the AD must be laughing at them with 100% mark up and queueing around the block

Are Rolex the mugs now?
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 12th September 2021 at 00:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Sums up my situation exactly.
    This was my situation until the AD who I'd bought from previously (a Watches of Switzerland branch) stopped stocking Rolex and didn't bother to tell me

I haven't put my name down elsewhere since then, although I do really like that watch so maybe I will at some point.
    Last edited by M1011; 12th September 2021 at 15:00.

Master
    Goldsmiths Meadowhall has everything (I think) except Explorer/Explorer 2/Milgauss.

Looked closely at a pink(!!) OP36 to confirm it is the same bracelet size as the DJ36, which it is, and not the Explorer. So my wait for a black dial continues.

The chap said display only is for the foreseeable future and that it is not allocated stock but will be rotated with other stores. He also said they were regularly getting steel models in (how many I don't know) that are pre-allocated.
    Last edited by markbannister; 12th September 2021 at 14:42.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Absolutely - no point in this at all now. Fully stocked windows, but nothing available to buy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    The only shop window for 2021 Rolex is Chrono24 over 1000watches for sale.
    Always plenty on eBay too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post

Goldsmiths in the Metro centre send staff out to engage with you if you stop to look at their window display , which as expected is hardly worth looking at anyway.

Message to the management, I’d rather not have one of your staff point out what watch I’m wearing when all and sundry are walking by in a crass attempt to engage when they wouldn’t progress an enquiry regardless because of the non existence of stock.

An appointment for a service drop off ? ,surely all staff are fully trained to deal with such mundane matters not one specific person ?

The world has gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    ...An appointment for a service drop off ? ,surely all staff are fully trained to deal with such mundane matters not one specific person ?
    I had to book appointments with Laings (Argyle Arcade) to drop off & collect a couple of repairs. Laings have a standalone area for service & repair drop-offs/collections which is upstairs, away from the main retail area.

Initially, appointments were required because there was no permitted walk-in access to the shop. When that was permitted, it was to allow for cleaning etc. between clients. Then, I was told it was because of reduced staffing due to absences because of Covid.
    ______

​Jim.

Well I’ve gone and done it and purchased a GMT Pepsi at a grey.

Couldn’t be arsed with hoops I had to jump through after spending a small fortune with them and they still laughed at me when I suggested could I have a Pepsi.

I’ve paid double over list. Yes some will call me a fool however I have always wanted one so I’m picking up next week. Can’t wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post

Couldn’t be arsed with hoops I had to jump through after spending a small fortune with them and they still laughed at me when I suggested could I have a Pepsi.

I’ve paid double over list. Yes some will call me a fool however I have always wanted one so I’m picking up next week. Can’t wait for it.
    Well done Wes, I think you have done the right thing. Sure there are loads of the ‘I won’t pay a penny over list’ brigade on here, but when I paid nearly £14k for a Daytona back in 2016 people said the same thing. Had I kept it I would have been wearing it for 5 years now, the list price has crept up and the bonkers market price is just that, bonkers.

You enjoy it mate

I agree with Ken pal. If it’s what you want, you treat yourself! RRP means nothing if you can’t get one.

Look forward to seeing it.

Master
    Gut wrenching to pay so much but for me it's really the only watch I need. Can't wait to see it on the Friday thread.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master

Good for you.
    I'm after the new Sub and have to admit I'm thinking of doing that until the one I've ordered turns up.

Don't blame you at all. Everyone says they'd never pay over retail until they do. Then they realise if they'd done it sooner it would have been cheaper and they could have it a year ago. Shame to get that reaction from the AD after buying the WG YM42 but no point dwelling on that.

Enjoy it when it comes. Great looking watch.

Anyway it could be worse. You could have bought a BLRO in white gold for £28k and then saw one released in steel for £7k after. Heart breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Anyway it could be worse. You could have bought a BLRO in white gold for £28k and then saw one released in steel for £7k after. Heart breaking.
    I think I would rather buy a gold one than pay double list for a steel one. That’s just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    I think I would rather buy a gold one than pay double list for a steel one. That’s just me though.

I'd rather the steel for 15 than the gold for 28 (32/33 at today's prices). No question. It's only when you're hitting 27k for a white steel Daytona that I'd switch to white gold instead.

White gold SkyDweller is also a fine example. That would be about 40-42k now and you get Arabic numerals instead of batons indexes to differentiate. The steel is 16 from WF so 14-15 in reality.

having been told in no uncertain terms by the boutique in leeds that there is not a hope in hell of me purchasing the watch i want even if i live to be 90! its going to be a grey purchase for me too ! even after been on the list for two years !, wear in health sir

Master

I don’t blame you I love mine and at least you get to enjoy the watch now rather then wait.