closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 47 of 82 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 4067

Thread: The unified Rolex in the window thread

From what I can tell they can’t sell as they have almost nothing in stock.

Just a big fancy store with empty displays.

Guess that’s why they ‘consult’

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    “We don’t sell, we consult”. What a line.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Local AD had this in the back - yellow gold on oysterflex. Apparently someone ordered one and didn’t want it. Shoot me a DM if you want it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tried that exact model on today and I have to say it was amazing in person, absolutely beautiful.

I've never been into the SkyDweller but I'm now on the list for a white one in steel.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Tried that exact model on today and I have to say it was amazing in person, absolutely beautiful.

I've never been into the SkyDweller but I'm now on the list for a white one in steel.
    Should have gone blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Should have gone blue.
    I'm not in that league or I would have. No chance with the blue.

Master
    I’ve got the blue and when I got it I let my mate have the white dial off me for RRP - my wife has never quite forgiven me as she thinks the white dial is incredible. Have to say when he wears it, it looks incredible. You’ll be very happy I’m sure :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    Really Slim pickings, probably worst display in a while

Unless you fancy a PM day date with an absolutely gorgeous ice blue dial

The are all in the safe out back for the 'special' clients!

Master
    An AD December 31st 2013. Couldn’t decide on a BLNR or a hulk so I took a photo to ponder over lunch. Went BLNR. Discount of 4% at the time as well. If only I’d known eh I’d have had the lot :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    An AD December 31st 2013. Couldn’t decide on a BLNR or a hulk so I took a photo to ponder over lunch. Went BLNR. Discount of 4% at the time as well. If only I’d known eh I’d have had the lot :-)

I cannot imagine it will be that long until things go full circle and the displays look like that again at AD's.

Master

Lol
    I don't think some people believe that Hulks and GMTs and SDc's would sit unwanted in windows and could be got at discount.

Master

I can remember going into the local Goldsmiths at Cabot Circus at around the time this was taken, and trying on both the DSSD and sub that were sitting in the window, along with most of the other “unobtainable” SS models. Discount or interest free was offered for both, both could be had for under £5k. Seemed like a lot at the time!

I remember walking around Liverpool city centre at lunchtimes for something to do and David M Robinson had two shops and both used to be fully stocked. When the 16600 came out without the lug holes I remember standing there just looking at it for about 10 mins trying to decide if it looked better or not than the old one. Staff were extremely helpful as well, they would try and get you to go in or even pop out and ask if there was anything you wanted to see.

You didn’t need to buy new as Haywood’s shop was just up the road and they always had most of the models a lot cheaper.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    I can remember going into the local Goldsmiths at Cabot Circus at around the time this was taken, and trying on both the DSSD and sub that were sitting in the window, along with most of the other “unobtainable” SS models. Discount or interest free was offered for both, both could be had for under £5k. Seemed like a lot at the time!
    I took this picture in WoS London - September 2019! Available to walk in and buy - which colour dial Sir?

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I’ve got the blue and when I got it I let my mate have the white dial off me for RRP - my wife has never quite forgiven me as she thinks the white dial is incredible. Have to say when he wears it, it looks incredible. You’ll be very happy I’m sure :-)
    Thanks. I think the white will be really nice and give me a bit of diversity. Don't think the jubilee would suit a big wrist so Oyster probably safer.
    I think we should all club together for a time machine.

Even in late 2016 early 2017 these watches were available in AD's, normally with a small discount or at worst a first free service offered along with interest free credit should you require it.

Surprising given you’ve bought a WG YM.

Master
    Yes I was travelling through Heathrow very regularly 2015-2017 and never a problem. It’s “only” the last 3-4 years.

Surprising given you’ve bought a WG YM.
    Would need another 5 of those probably to get a look in.

Different game down here. Much more competitive.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I cannot imagine it will be that long until things go full circle and the displays look like that again at AD's.
    I hope you’re right!

Would need another 5 of those probably to get a look in.

Different game down here. Much more competitive.
    Mad times.

Not a game I’d wish to play.

Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    I hope you’re right!
    Will anyone want them though when the moment you walk out the store your shiny new Submariner is worth 15-20% less than you paid for it.

That is how things were not that many years ago. .

Will anyone want them though when the moment you walk out the store your shiny new Submariner is worth 15-20% less than you paid for it.

Yes, people who appreciate them for what they are and are not interested in their value or making a profit.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I cant see anything getting back to normal again. Demand due to Social has made the lists crazy.

Maybe the grey price will slump but I cant see them getting back to RRP

Datejust 36 blue sunburst dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet in Mallorys, Bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Yes, people who appreciate them for what they are and are not interested in their value or making a profit.
    Agreed and I personally look forward to that time again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt.D View Post
    Datejust 36 blue sunburst dial, fluted bezel, oyster bracelet in Mallorys, Bath.

Looking for the blue 41mm version with fluted bezel oyster and batons is anyone sees one

The residuals also give genuine enthusiasts the confidence to buy more and buy at a higher value.

Do you really see Rolex, PP or AP giving up what they have right now? They will hold onto this for as long as possible. This is just how things are now.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 31st July 2021 at 22:49.

I used to love when windows were like this.
    However I don’t share your view that this will return. I don’t think it ever will sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

You think you know why you are here. You think you are here to buy a Rolex.

No. I tell you why you are here. You are here to consult, nothing more.

L'audace de cette plèbe <laughs>
    Sums the situation up perfectly!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

The residuals also give genuine enthusiasts the confidence to buy more and buy at a higher value.

Do you really see Rolex, PP or AP giving up what they have right now? They will hold onto this for as long as possible. This is just his things are now.
    Having owned 30+ Rolex over the years (none currently) when I see a new model in the wild I immediately think 'what idiocy have you gone through'.

Never used to be like that, shame.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I used to love when windows were like this.
    However I don’t share your view that this will return. I don’t think it ever will sadly.
    Nor do I
    Nothing lasts forever though but it seems there’s no end of people who think they can get a Daytona, BLRO etc as a first purchase.

Master
    Next recession will be this decade so we will see how willing people are to pay nuts prices then.

Do you really see Rolex, PP or AP giving up what they have right now? They will hold onto this for as long as possible. This is just how things are now.
    Why would most genuine enthusiasts worry about residuals? It’s only serial flippers that worry; if you buy a watch to keep then it’s future value is irrelevant

Having said that, Rolex always had decent residuals albeit below RRP.

Craftsman
    Why would most genuine enthusiasts worry about residuals? It’s only serial flippers that worry; if you buy a watch to keep then it’s future value is irrelevant

100% agree.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Having owned 30+ Rolex over the years (none currently) when I see a new model in the wild I immediately think 'what idiocy have you gone through'.

Other side of that thought process should be; said individual asked for the watch it came in and they went and purchased it. I remember having to order watches via the AD from Rolex direct and just waiting for it to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Next recession will be this decade so we will see how willing people are to pay nuts prices then.
    I think the market is already starting to change.

The big dealers all seem to have numerous models of the same watch sitting for sale for months on end not being sold. It is the same on SC unless the watch is very keenly priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

Plenty of people get it by waiting and biding their time without going through any kind of ‘idiocy’. It is a fallacy that complaining individuals posting on watch fora represent the vast majority of people buying Rolexes.

Craftsman
    I think the market is already starting to change.

The big dealers all seem to have numerous models of the same watch sitting for sale for months on end not being sold. It is the same on SC unless the watch is very keenly priced.
    I think the ones that sit for months on end are ones priced at dealer prices. Reasonable ones get snapped up in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    I think the ones that sit for months on end are ones priced at dealer prices. Reasonable ones get snapped up in my opinion

Yes agreed.

From my experience dealer buy watches in at approximately 20-30% of the price they are then retailed at unless it’s very new release which seems to be around 15%.

My point was these “in demand” watches all seem to be sitting in dealers at there over inflated prices not selling over the past 6 months or so, hence me thinking the market is shifting and due a correction. The dealers who seem to shift the watches are the ones who have them for sale at a reasonable price.

Just my opinion of cause.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 1st August 2021 at 11:05.

No chance I would have 7 of them new from the AD and be on the list for another 3 if they lost 30% as soon as I walked out the door. If I did I wouldn't be paying RRP or I'd be buying used.

I'm not a flipper, I don't sell. One of them is probably worth £5k less than what I bought it for a few weeks ago but overall the residuals give me the confidence to buy more and try stuff I wouldn't have considered before. The amount I'm up on my BLNR offsets the loss on my YM42 if I was to ever sell so in my head that's acceptable.

Not sure why any of that wouldn't make someone a genuine enthusiast. If someone liked cars and had 7 BMWs would that make them less worthy than someone with 7 Caterhams or a varied collection with an MX-5 involved?

I am a lucky boy then as paid £5,000 for my BLNR and £3,450 for my Z blue Milgauss.

Still have them and they are going nowhere.

Because most Rolex fanboys are only enthusiasts because residuals!

Genuinely enthusiastic about it :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Because most Rolex fanboys are only enthusiasts because residuals!

Genuinely enthusiastic about it :)
    Yet many so called Rolex fanboys have owned for years and probably lost money on them. I bought my 1st one in 2005, then 2013, 2014 and 2015. Think I lost on most of them. It’s only the last 3 or 4 years where prices have gone crazy.

Craftsman
    Bought my Hulk first Rolex in 2015 and was happy with the fact it’ll be worth more when Rolex put prices up.

The massive increases blow my mind

Do you drive a DeLorean?

What you posted…..isn’t gonna happen. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Not even with a decent recession?

Not even with a decent recession?

Oxymoron alert here Justin.

Do you drive a DeLorean?

What you posted sounds like what people say right before a bubble bursts

Honestly though, I don't particularly care either way when it comes to the Rolex market prices. I have one, the 39mm Explorer, and I'll happily admit that the confidence to spend £5k on a watch in my 20s was fuelled by the knowledge that the money was pretty safe if I fell out with the watch. Now that I've had it a few years, I don't care what the price does because it's sticking with me. I would like to add a Sub as a weekend watch and stuck my name down at a now non-existent AD, so I guess the market cooling off would help me there, but it's not a 'must have' for me.

Craftsman
    Be careful what you wish for …..economic collapse won’t be pretty ..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Do you drive a DeLorean?

No I don’t drive a DeLorean and I personally couldn’t care less if they continue to rise or dip.

I can tell you though things are not moving like they were so that suggests to me there could be a down turn. But your welcome to continue buying at top money if you wish.

As I say only my opinion.

No I don’t drive a DeLorean and I personally couldn’t care less if they continue to rise or dip.

I can tell you though things are not moving like they were so that suggests to me there could be a down turn. But your welcome to continue buying at top money if you wish.

As I say only my opinion.

Ok.

So, if I may, what have you personally bought/sold to validate your assertion and market experience here please?

If you call retail asking price “top money” then, yes, I’m cool with that and will continue to buy watches that appeal to me at that level.