closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Globemaster

Journeyman

New Globemaster

I cant find many details on this yet, and have no idea what sort of price range it will fall into, but i love the look of it !

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...nnualcalendar/

Master
    Weirdly, I was looking at this on Iconic a couple of hours ago who have it on for £4880

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega...22-06-001.html

Master
    It is a handsome watch, but I don't think I'd want a centrally mounted hand to give me the month.... A small window perhaps or even a subdial, but to be honest whilst I lose track of the date now and then, I've never lost an entire month and require my watch to tell me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The month hand is far too noticeable, I'm pretty sure it would interfere with reading the time at a glance.

I'd have made the hand silver with a blue tip.

Comments people made about the regular Globemaster were that the lugs stuck out a bit. This version is another 2mm, so presumably that even more the case?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Weirdly, I was looking at this on Iconic a couple of hours ago who have it on for £4880

http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/omega...22-06-001.html
    Well thats the price sorted haha ! Cheers !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    It is a handsome watch, but I don't think I'd want a centrally mounted hand to give me the month.... A small window perhaps or even a subdial, but to be honest whilst I lose track of the date now and then, I've never lost an entire month and require my watch to tell me.
    I have to write down the date numerous times a day, and strangley enough you would think after a while i would remember, but i dont... Infact i forget so much, that i have to look at previous paperwork to remind myself what i have already written 10 times, so a date like this would be quite handy

E.T.A... Not that i could afford to wear it to work !
    Last edited by Dilemma; 6th October 2016 at 16:15.

Craftsman
    I wanted to like it in the flesh having seen it in pictures and was seriously considering a Globemaster but it does nothing for me in the flesh. It's a weird mixture of vintage and modern and is a bit too Rolex-wannabe (despite its nod to the 50's heritage).

Master
    Lve it! Fantastic dail and colours. It would be a nice choice for a dresswatch.

Link...other threads are available, eg Omega Globemaster

^^^^^
    The model linked to the OP here is the Annual Calendar, which isn't discussed in that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    ^^^^^
    The model linked to the OP here is the Annual Calendar, which isn't discussed in that thread
    Am I missing something, please? I ask as the link, in the post that my first link does to, is to an article entitled Omega Globemaster Annual Calendar...

...and for the OP, here it is at Hodinkee. I think...you've got me doubting myself.
    Last edited by PickleB; 6th October 2016 at 17:53.

I absolutely hate the months and month hand :(
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I find it a very odd way to do the date.

I meant the second thread, the eg you gave. It wasn't a complaint, just to warn anyone else that scrolling through four pages of it wouldn't be any reference to the specific watch in question.

Master
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say.

I think it is truly horrible!!

Craftsman
    has a nice vintage look

I love the Globemaster but I don't like this Globemaster annual calendar, nor do I like the Omega AT or de Ville annual calendars.

The month indicator on this model is horrible, especially compared to the month indicator around the dial on the Rolex Skydweller.

Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    ...The month indicator on this model is horrible, especially compared to the month indicator around the dial on the Rolex Skydweller.
    +1

There's a lot to like about this piece, but the month indication just doesn't fly IMO.

If there's a better way to show the month than that on the Sky Dweller, I want it taken outside and shot.

I just tried one of these on in the WoS shop at Terminal 5.

I have to say that, on the wrist, it was really nice.

I found both time and date very easy to read and not in any way confusing. The hand for the month indicator is a shade lighter blue. The finishing on the case is superb, with just the line of polished steel on the chamfer.

If I can't find a Day-Date/Triple-Date Speedmaster I might be sorely tempted, though £5,200 is going to take some explaining!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    I just tried one of these on in the WoS shop at Terminal 5.

I have to say that, on the wrist, it was really nice.

I found both time and date very easy to read and not in any way confusing. The hand for the month indicator is a shade lighter blue. The finishing on the case is superb, with just the line of polished steel on the chamfer.

If I can't find a Day-Date/Triple-Date Speedmaster I might be sorely tempted, though £5,200 is going to take some explaining!
    At 41mm with lugs that could curve away more - what kind of wrist do you have, that found that unproblematic?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    At 41mm with lugs that could curve away more - what kind of wrist do you have, that found that unproblematic?
    I guess one that suits the watch. My normal rotation is a Sub, a Seamaster, a PRS-25 and a Monster, if that helps at all?

Checking its appearance in the mirror, rather than just looking at it direct on the wrist, it didn't seem unreasonable or overtly "blingy" either.

Like everything, though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.