closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: electroplating needed

Apprentice

electroplating needed

Hi, I recently had an old Seiko watch gold electroplated by a uk company which I shall not name. The watch is only 33cm x24cm. The company stripped the watch themselves and plated it. I dont know how many microns but when asked the company said at least 5; I assume that meant exactly5. Anyway the watch was returned to me in Spain about 2 weeks after receipt by them. The colour of the gold is a very light yellow compared to the original gold colour. It does not have a richness or depth.
    I now want to have a 20 year old Raymond Weil watch plated; it`s dimensions are the same as the seiko.Some gold plating has gone showing the stainless steel base and other parts of gold have stained a very dark yellow.
    I paid £65.00 to have the Seiko plated and would be happy to pay a bit more but simply have no idea to whom I should send the watch. I would very much welcome recommendations please. thanks

Plating

Do you mean in Spain or anywhere?

K.

Master
    Blog Entries

Re

Have you check gold plating vendors on ebay.

I am interested too, have a vintage chrono wear the rose gold has worn through, idealy i want it replated.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I am interested too, have a vintage chrono wear the rose gold has worn through, idealy i want it replated.
    I do gold yellow/rose, silver, nickel and chrome plating Neil !

just re-plated a nickel case for a TZ client and plate many pushers rose gold for older Omega chronographs.

Brendan.

Aha so close to home, be in touch mate thanks.