closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used watches at Goldsmiths at McArthur Glen outlet(s)

Master

Used watches at Goldsmiths at McArthur Glen outlet(s)

Was at McArthur Glen at J28 of the M1 today. Surprised to see that Goldsmiths had quite a lot of used watches. (Inside the store, not in the window.)

Most weren't the kind of stuff that TZ-UKers would buy, but one or two were.

Presumably, other shops at other outlets do, too

Grand Master
    Not familiar with Mcarthur Park (oops........Glen, hope it doesn't melt in the rain), but I've been to similar places and looked in the watch shops. Good value can be found on certain models, but my advice is to inspect the watches very carefully. I'm always suspicious about shopsoiled and returned examples beng sold this way........buyer beware. Same advice applies to any watch in an ADs store, Look carefully for signs of damage.

Paul

Is this a new store? There's been a branch of Ernest Jones at J28 for a while with a few used watches, but nothing I'd call a bargain.

There's also one at Resorts World by the NEC, and that had some big discounts on some brands, including Ball.

Craftsman
    They have also just opened an outlet at Springfields in Spalding. Mostly second hand watches in the premium line but there were a couple of xxl omegas.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyguitar View Post
    Is this a new store? There's been a branch of Ernest Jones at J28 for a while with a few used watches, but nothing I'd call a bargain.

There's also one at Resorts World by the NEC, and that had some big discounts on some brands, including Ball.
    Yes, you're probably right and I was wrong. It is Ernest Jones and not Goldsmiths.

However, they had more than a few used watches.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Yes, you're probably right and I was wrong. It is Ernest Jones and not Goldsmiths.

However, they had more than a few used watches.
    I passed Ernest Jones in Milton Keynes the other day and noticed they had some used watches in one off the window displays; A small number Omega, Tag Heuer and Ball models were there...

Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    They have also just opened an outlet at Springfields in Spalding. Mostly second hand watches in the premium line but there were a couple of xxl omegas.
    Was that the Railmaster xxl?