closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Decent in car handsfree adVice

Master

Decent in car handsfree adVice

Evening all, I'm in the market for a good handsfree for use in the car, want something for my iPhone that I can play music through and looking around at halfords, they recommended the parrot mki2900 and wondered if there was any alternates?

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    I don't know about alternatives but I had the Parrot MK9200 in my previous car and it did the job perfectly for 4 years. The ipod sound quality was actually better through the parrot that it now is through the factory system in my current 3 series (not that that is a particularly high bar to be honest!)

I really like the look of the Pure Highway 600. Adds DAB as well as blutooth for calls and music.

Master
    Thanks for the feedback, just spoke to someone at halfords who actually said youll be better off getting a new head unit with blue tooth connectivity so that may be a cheaper option as circa £150 for the unit, £50 to fit and possibly more for the cabling.

Ive just brought an old E46 3 series tourer and it has the option of the phone so I may well see what BMW say as well but thanks for the feedback thus far

Master
    Aftermarket headunits look horrible in the E46.

I'm thinking the same thing as I've just bought an X Reg e46 as a smoker and I'd like it to have Bluetooth for A2DP music streaming and hands free calls. I'm thinking that I'll have to suck up the aftermarket looks.

Master
    Stuck a Pure head unit offering in the 710's Fiat Panda 4x4 and she seems to be very happy with it compared to the Parrott clip on unit she had before.

Master
    If going aftermarket then I can thoroughly recommend this headunit which I've put in a few cars:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk...b/KDC-BT73DAB/

It's DAB, got front and rear USB, Bluetooth Audio and handsfree phone. The call quality is very good and it's relatively discrete for a modern headunit. One of the colour settings matches the BMW illumination bob on too. It comes with the DAB aerial, phone mic etc.
    Last edited by benny.c; 4th October 2016 at 22:00.

Master
    Thanks for the feedback, I've just had a mate who is responsible for a fleet of cars for work recommend the bury Bluetooth car kits as opposed to a new head unit, any feedback as thinking would prefer to keep the dash original than replace the unit