closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 40 year old crisis?

40 year old crisis?

Looks like I finally got one at age of 45 - new tattoo, earring and new ring (4th already) in a space of one week.

Strange that I don't feel need for a new bike, cabrio or wife. New watch - would take one anytime, but have no spare money :D

'No spare money' sex changes are pricey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a slippery slope my friend and you aren't anywhere near the bottom of it. Yet. Brace yourself

PS I was expecting to read about Suez or Caribbean crisis or somefink like tha btw..
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Just roll with it. So far I've had a convertible, a V8 Jag, and three motorbike trips around Vietnam out of my 'crisis' ;)

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    Just roll with it. So far I've had a convertible, a V8 Jag, and three motorbike trips around Vietnam out of my 'crisis' ;)
    I combined the first two. ;-)

No earrings or tattoos though. As yet.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

At 59 I've never been aware of having a crisis, but it seems I've been missing out. Therefore I intend to have one next Friday morning at 9.45ish. I think I'll start with some Naim audio kit. I can hear her now....... "How much??!!!" . It's alright pet, I'm just having a crisis that I missed in 1997.
    Last edited by magirus; 3rd October 2016 at 09:29.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    At 59 I've never been aware of having a crisis, but it seems I've been missing out.
    Same here!
    I think my problem was that I was too busy working during the week and too knackered at weekends to have a mid-life crisis.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Never experienced a crisis; turned 60 yesterday and just have had increasingly more fun over the past say 15 years

Had a tattoo way before that, don't do rings, drive a 4x4 ragtop as 'cabrio' and a 44 y.o. DAF variomatic as 'sportscar'.
    After numerous affairs now have a stable relationship with two loves who both have a job earning money themselves: For my birthday the one bought me a bottomless portafilter for my 3rd espresso machine, the other an all metal framed IP68 smart phone.
    So yes, I guess I am settling down at sixty

Master
    At 59 I've never been aware of having a crisis, but it seems I've been missing out. Therefore I intend to have one next Friday morning at 9.45ish. I think I'll start with some Naim audio kit. I can hear her now....... "How much??!!!" . It's alright pet, I'm just having a crisis that I missed in 1997.
    Go for the Naim kit, you'll never lose much on it. I bought a 42-5 preamp and 140 power amp second hand in 1987 for £500 and sold it 17 years later for £450.

Mmmm - 40?

No, never had an crisis at 40...

I do feel the need to DO more these days, but I'm way past 40 and aware that life's never as long as you think!

No piercings, tattoos, motorcycles, 20 year old girlfriend from the Eastern Bloc or jewellery that doesn't wrap around my wrist and tell the time...

M.

PS I do get that "Old man with a sportscar" look when I mention my Marcos, but I've had it since I was in my 20s!

Master
    Accusations of mid-life crises seem to come from those who don't have the opportunity or wherewithal to do the things you are doing...

I love that stuff Bob, sounds like an episode of the Likely Lads.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I love that stuff Bob, sounds like an episode of the Likely Lads.

If she knew the cost of my watches Neil our lass wad cowp hor creels man.
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    At nearly 40 im sure i am due a crisis... having said that, i am always buying stupid shit anyway, so nobody would think anything of it !

Quote Originally Posted by nr73 View Post
    Just roll with it. ;)
    This!

That sounds more "Sid the Sexist" than "The Likely Lads"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Man things as presents instead of moanings about their cost

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Accusations of mid-life crises seem to come from those who don't have the opportunity or wherewithal to do the things you are doing...
    Made a photo using the IP68 thing of the two coffee mania gadgets:

Also made a video of the gold/brown tiger striped espresso pooring from the bottomless portafilter, concave tamped with the convex tamper.
    Just perfect. Me not so; don't know how to compress it or make a still

Hmmm, agreed, roll with it and see what happens. My mid-life crisis came at about 50. The great big motorbike lasted about two months before I realised that despite being a biker in my youth I was a) going to kill myself/lose my license and b) just being stupid. Sold the bike and bought a full sus mountain bike. Have lost over two stone in the intervening period

Quote Originally Posted by catch21 View Post
    Hmmm, agreed, roll with it and see what happens. My mid-life crisis came at about 50. The great big motorbike lasted about two months before I realised that despite being a biker in my youth I was a) going to kill myself/lose my license and b) just being stupid. Sold the bike and bought a full sus mountain bike. Have lost over two stone in the intervening period
    Sound. Forgot to mention I've been riding big bikes continuously since I was 23, also forgot to add my breitling to the list of crisis benefits :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rode 'bikes' since before it was legal for me to do so. For many years as a life style. Stopped when 46.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla View Post
    Never experienced a crisis; turned 60 yesterday and just have had increasingly more fun over the past say 15 years

Had a tattoo way before that, don't do rings, drive a 4x4 ragtop as 'cabrio' and a 44 y.o. DAF variomatic as 'sportscar'.
    After numerous affairs now have a stable relationship with two loves who both have a job earning money themselves: For my birthday the one bought me a bottomless portafilter for my 3rd espresso machine, the other an all metal framed IP68 smart phone.
    So yes, I guess I am settling down at sixty
    Fty f Petrus, two for the price of one?! Spain, here I cäme

PS that reminds me I need to order some coffee beans ;)
    Last edited by VDG; 3rd October 2016 at 22:50.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Supertramp seemed to be unaware of any crisies,

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Fty f Petrus, two for the price of one?!
    Better still at no price at all.

I had to Google that Bob.

Now understood man.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    At 46 I am still far too immature for a midlife crisis.

I go from one mid life crisis to another and love it!!