closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Drones DJI Mavic etc

Master

Drones DJI Mavic etc

Anyone a drone guy?

Ive not had one before but this new DJI Mavic looks great and easy to use.

I fancy one for no other reason than I like 'stuff'

The pricing is supposed to be $749 without the controller and $999 with it but all I can find in the UK is £999 without the controller.http://<iframe width="560" height="3...reen></iframe>

Master
    I've got the original DJI Phantom.... great and stable platform (still good even for an old technology). the mavic must be ace

The Mavic Pro looks very consumer friendly, as does the new GoPro Karma.

I use a Phantom 3 Pro and love it.

These are getting really tempting now.

Grand Master
    On holiday these will be fantastic,I'll watch the prices fall and maybe get one.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got me a P3S this year for well under 400 notes. At this price it's a brilliant and fun but of tech with a decent camera.

Master
    I have a DJ11 with all the GoPro mounts and a spare cell - if anyone wants one? Terrific bit of kit but I've moved on in hobbies. If there's interest then I'll take photos and I'll put her up on SC.

Hmm, interesting that you post this. I was looking at the new DJI Mavic earlier and it looks superb for a personal UAV. I was looking to purchase an Inspire but this looks better for my 'needs' and half the price.

Also have a look at the new offering from GoPro which has some attractive features (included stabilised arm): https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/karma

My kids have basic drones which are fun enough but can't compare to the £500+ rigs. A colleague just returned from a trip to Iceland and Norway where he took some footage using his GoPro and 3DR Solo. It is incredible what you can do, e.g

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    These are getting really tempting now.
    I'd jump sooner rather than later, before they get legislated out of existence (that's what I expect will happen, sooner or later).

I have a phantom 3 . So easy to fly. Mavic looks superb.

Master
    These are undoubtedly cool, but I do struggle with the annoyance factor. They're already banned from all my local parks, and I dread to think what the slopes will be like in a couple of winters, when everyone has a drone following them around to catch their sick moves.

(The other thing that stops me is that I know my skiing doesn't actually look nearly as cool as I think it does...)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    These are undoubtedly cool, but I do struggle with the annoyance factor. They're already banned from all my local parks, and I dread to think what the slopes will be like in a couple of winters, when everyone has a drone following them around to catch their sick moves.

(The other thing that stops me is that I know my skiing doesn't actually look nearly as cool as I think it does...)
    The big issues with these will be them colliding over head then falling to earth and taking out whatever they hit, they do some great recording though! That Norway footage is excellent.

That Norway video is amazing.

Craftsman
    That video footage is really good. I've already asked for a cheapy for Xmas as I know the kids(6 &3) will not take no for an answer!