timefactors watches
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    I gather its a "yes" on that front... and I can say, it is a REALLY nice clasp. In chatting with Lorne, he explained to me that these new straps will have a 3D printed core, to create the perfect curve - engineered to fit comfortably. The clasp, is placed so as to hold you at the back of the wrist, just where your run of tendons are, in line with the thumb. In practice?... it WORKS! Utterly comfortable.

Congrats on ordering #135. I look forward to seeing your flag added to the map!! https://marinechronometer.co.uk/inde...e-in-the-world
    Thanks for that photo, and description, I'm pleased you're enjoying your new acquisition.
    Heartening to see the majority of sales seem to be UK based, though nice to see a spread too. I am a touch concerned about the geographical map, as a defender owner we are encouraged Not to share on media sites where we are, they are being stolen weekly never to be recovered.
    So publicly displaying the whereabouts of the field engineer might be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The new butterfly deployment looks much better than the standard clasp on my mark 1.
    Enjoy it....Lorne is it possible to order a new strap and new style deployment for my mark 1 Field Engineer, if so could you pm me details please.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I am a touch concerned about the geographical map, as a defender owner we are encouraged Not to share on media sites where we are, they are being stolen weekly never to be recovered.
    So publicly displaying the whereabouts of the field engineer might be the same?
    The flag only goes on the nearest town centre or city... and NOT on the roof of your house.. don't worry!

Postal Town
    Morpeth

Journeyman
    #134 should be with me by Friday 👍 and will according to the map the first in Somerset

Very much looking forward to its arrival and it will be heading out to the UAE 🇦🇪 with me next Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    #134 should be with me by Friday and will according to the map the first in Somerset

Very much looking forward to its arrival and it will be heading out to the UAE with me next Sunday
    Great
    EnJoY wearing probably the most exclusive watch in UAE

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Que. You're going back a bit aren't you grandad
    Sure am.

Luckily at the tender age of 61 not one of my 4 kids has made me a grandad, thank Fcuk.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Great
    EnJoY wearing probably the most exclusive watch in UAE

Cheers Mick, most exclusive probably yes, most expensive no - but hugely better value than most

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Cheers Mick, most exclusive probably yes, most expensive no - but hugely better value than most

Depends where you are in the UAE; one of the big banks there has 5 FE owners and another will also be reaching 5 owners by the end of Aug. It's perhaps the only place you're in danger of meeting someone else with one on their wrist!

Edit: Plus mine of course, which is sometimes there and normally doubles as a navigation back-up when the gps has fallen to pieces from driving or boating over bumpy things far too fast. (the fastest all terrain vehicles in the world are any car/speed-boat that you don't own).

Last edited by LorneG; Yesterday at 09:15.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    Depends where you are in the UAE; one of the big banks there has 5 FE owners and another will also be reaching 5 owners by the end of Aug. It's perhaps the only place you're in danger of meeting someone else with one on their wrist!

Edit: Plus mine of course, which is sometimes there and normally doubles as a navigation back-up when the gps has fallen to pieces from driving or boating over bumpy things far too fast. (the fastest all terrain vehicles in the world are any car/speed-boat that you don't own).

Iíll be in Abu Dhabi

I will report any other Field Engineers I spot in the wild! (Hotel bar most likely)

The aircraft GPS units we use are RTCA DO-160 qualified so tend to cope with the shake and bake the see in use. I hope not to rely on the watch, it is reassuring to know the level of engineering and robustness however