closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

I like it Johnny, especially the buckle, Did you have that specially made?

Have you tried a Dangerous9 strap?

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I like it Johnny, especially the buckle, Did you have that specially made?

Have you tried a Dangerous9 strap?
    Carl made that buckle. I just sent over a JPG of the logo and he did a great job. I do have a Dangerous9 strap too - a thing of beauty. Makes the watch so much more dressy - but given I'm in a fleece 99% of my life, I'm enjoying the casual/tool watch look!

For comfort, the Watch Steward option is SUPER comfy. I'd like to try an Erika's Original some time too.

Craftsman
    Not for me...it perfect on the Dangerous 9, however each to their own, and all depends what you find comfortable Nice to see the second hand @ 7..nice one..

I haven't worn my Offshore for 6 months or so and saw it languishing in the safe last week, fished it out and became re-acquainted. It really is something special and different, the quality of construction is fantastic as is the attention to detail. Not sure what I was thinking of not wearing it more often but we all know how it is with watches, it feels a bit like Christmas again though!
    Cheers Keith

Craftsman
    Very Similar for me, I would always wear my Offshore Professional on travel- Canada/Oman/UAE/France/Nigeria- and would always enjoy sending Lorne pictures. It has sat in the safe for 3 months and when I wore it again earlier in the month it reminded me of the wonderful design, the details and the quality. I true reflection of the care and skill that went in to its design by Lorne.

Absolutely no intention of ever parting with it and it will eventually go to one of my sons.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Well said gents and reminds me of the day in 2013 when Lorne invited me to his house to pick up my Field Engineer. He showed me around his workshop and the different stages of assembly and was very welcoming. We sat and had a coffee and a chat about his career before I left with my watch. He was a lovely bloke and a true gent who loved watches, old Porsches and his family. Wearing my FE will always remind me of Lorne and him putting together my watch.

Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

It’s been a while for me too and I had forgotten just how perfect this watch feels to wear. This is number 144, which is a Fibonacci number and so it seemed the perfect choice.

I always used to reset the chrono hand but now leave it at 7 in memory of Lorne.

Hard to believe its a year since Lorne passed away (on the 7th Sept I think it was...). Wearing #135 today with my chrono seconds parked at 7 in memory of the man himself. He'd have been disgusted at me wearing it on my GasGasBones strap (Lorne loved his Teju straps) but after trying a load of straps, I really love wearing it on the GGB SPV2. Super comfortable and toolish in the spirit of these watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Hard to believe its a year since Lorne passed away (on the 7th Sept I think it was...). Wearing #135 today with my chrono seconds parked at 7 in memory of the man himself. He'd have been disgusted at me wearing it on my GasGasBones strap (Lorne loved his Teju straps) but after trying a load of straps, I really love wearing it on the GGB SPV2. Super comfortable and toolish in the spirit of these watches.

Wasn’t Yours 130 JohnnyE?
    I thought mine was 135!

Not bonded with it, not seen it for over a year, will have to dig it out and check the numbers

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

You're quite right Mick... 130 is mine!

HaPpY New Year ?
    Thanks Saves me having to try and find mine.

Master
    Just landed from SC, and I have to say I am pretty chuffed. I have been keeping an eye out for one to appear, and was lucky enough to have been quickest and first in line. Great package with extra straps, case and bracelet and really impressed with the quality. Nice size too at 44mm - satisfyingly chunky!

EnJoY Mtagrant

Craftsman
    Welcome to a very exclusive club.
    It wear really nicely on the Dangerous 9 strap..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    Welcome to a very exclusive club.
    It wear really nicely on the Dangerous 9 strap..
    That will be the next strap on it. Surprised by the gasgasbones Velcro - I am not a nato fan at all, but these are a big step up in quality

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    EnJoY Mtagrant

Thanks Mick 👍

Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Just landed from SC, and I have to say I am pretty chuffed. I have been keeping an eye out for one to appear, and was lucky enough to have been quickest and first in line. Great package with extra straps, case and bracelet and really impressed with the quality. Nice size too at 44mm - satisfyingly chunky!

Congratulations on a rare pick up. Mine is no.131, so built directly after yours.

It must have been a tough decision for Johnny to sell as he was so involved with Lorne in building his website.

These are truly fantastic watches and I’m sure you’re going to love it.

I had mine fitted with a non-standard strap prior to picking it up, so I’ve never worn mine on the original bracelet (or the original black leather strap for that matter!) even though it’s beautifully built. Nowadays I’ve discovered that it works well on a wide range of straps, so I currently switch between 3 different QR straps in black sailcloth, brown leather and blue leather.

Enjoy!

Oh, and if anyone missed it, my full review of my watch is post #112 on this thread.

Simon
    Last edited by mycroft; 23rd June 2021 at 22:54.

As an aside, unless you have done it already of course, Johnny, the location map of Offshore Professionals needs updating, with you taken off and mtagrant added.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    As an aside, unless you have done it already of course, Johnny, the location map of Offshore Professionals needs updating, with you taken off and mtagrant added.
    Map updated accordingly (to the nearest city centre): Where In The World (marinechronometer.co.uk)

Well Done Johnny