closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

Threaded View

Marine Chronometer Company - Offshore Professional Owners Thread

*** THREAD EDIT *** Turning this into an owners' thread - as over time, this has grown to be a bit of an archive of different pics, reviews and input from Lorne himself.

I first discovered the Offshore Professional Chrono website ( http://www.classicchronographs.co.uk ) a while back and stumbled upon the brand again quite randomly yesterday. A great attempt IMO to build a no compromises tool watch (although as I write... I guess EVERY watch must have a compromise to its spec somewhere?!).

As for warranty, perhaps the best set of terms and conditions that I have read!

Warranty & Guarantee
    There isn't much in day-to-day life that will destroy one of these watches. If you break a crown, button, sapphire crystal, damage the movement or do anything else from any reasonable level of accident (dropping onto a tiled floor for instance) over the first 2 years of ownership then just send it back and it will be repaired or replaced. Same goes for any water ingress provided you promise you didn't push the chronograph buttons when swimming.

The warranty extends to the strap, clasp and bracelet. You can swim or shower with the leather strap as it is silicon impregnated to be more waterproof than your skin, but please remember not to apply any mosquito repellents containing high levels of DEET as they will dissolve the neoprene lining and leave a black stain on your wrist.

If you manage to break an OFFSHORE Professional Field Engineer through something not covered by the Warranty, like running over it with a car, then I will replace it at half the price of a new one. This is a lifetime guarantee (my lifetime as I don't want to pass any liabilities onto my children) regardless of abuse, lack of servicing or number of owners. Failure analysis is a important part of engineering and from a dent or damage size, I can back calculate the impact energy that caused it and the energy levels that were absorbed or transmitted through each of the shock absorbing layers.
    So, do we have any current or past owners amongst us? I'd like to hear opinions and see how it looks on the wrist if anyone amongst us has tried one on.
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 21st June 2018 at 15:15. Reason: Turned into owners thread to group all into one thread