timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any Offshore Professional Engineer Chronograph owners amongst the ranks?

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    Thanks. I do love the look of it in photos and have followed it for a good while but I have small wrists and I would love to see how it works for me.
    One thing I've noticed... if you have smaller wrists, the bracelet is absolutely brilliant. I'll take some pics to explain - but the links are so supple that they sit in tight against your wrist. There is no gap for me with a 7" wrist and the bracelet sits as well as it does on my SMP which is a couple of mm smaller. Photos will help here and I'll take some as soon as I can to demonstrate.

Some nasty quality phone pics at this late hour in terrible light!!.... but you'll get my point. Look how well this sits on my wrist. ZERO gap.

The reason is that the links are so (looking for the right words here!) slinky.. ie. they move so easily..

Note above how the 1st link actually sits in tighter than the end links. Reducing the gap when worn.

The bracelet sits on my wrist as if its a 41-42mm watch, not 44.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Some nasty quality phone pics at this late hour in terrible light!!.... but you'll get my point. Look how well this sits on my wrist. ZERO gap.

The reason is that the links are so (looking for the right words here!) slinky.. ie. they move so easily..

Note above how the 1st link actually sits in tighter than the end links. Reducing the gap when worn.

The bracelet sits on my wrist as if its a 41-42mm watch, not 44.
    Great shots showing what I thought would be the case with the stunning bracelet. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

As said above though... get different spring bars if you want to fit this at home. I had a set of 22mm bars that came with a 22m NATO from watch gecko (I think!). They fitted in like a dream. Lorne's supplied ones no doubt carry more purchase/tension but I just couldn't get them in at home, even using proper springbar pliers.

As for the bracelet.... absolutely fantastic.

Craftsman
    Thanks @JohnnyE, that is really helpful. I always wear watches on a bracelet as straps rarely work on my wrists.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    Are Hirsch replacing that model (leonardo?). Don't seem to be many waterproof curved end straps around.
    When they told me they were ceasing current curved end production they did promise they would introduce a revised range. Haven't seen anything from them though, so not so sure

Craftsman
    I have smaller wrists at 6.75 but looks a bit smaller on me!

Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    I have smaller wrists at 6.75 but looks a bit smaller on me!

Mobile phone photos have a habit of making my watches look bigger than they are. Your pic is more like reality to me.

I picked up number 150 directly from Lorne yesterday - the watch was made available much faster than initially anticipated (I would guess less than three weeks) which was a pleasant surprise and mine is also on the bracelet and echoing what has been said in the previous posts it is very comfortable and offers plenty of adjustment via the easily removable links. I'm not sure if this is obvious or already mentioned but Lorne is now offering a four year warranty on the watch together with his other unique lifetime cover and trade in option. I always check any new mechanical watch on my timegrapher and this was no exception. The watch is showing 0 sec gain or loss in three out of four positions and +2 sec with the crown down - Darius has done a stellar job on regulating the movement and it will be interesting to see how it changes with time but for now its as good as anything that I've owned. If he is amenable and you can make the journey I would highly recommend a visit to Lorne for a face to face; lots of interesting things to talk about, not just watches but that could consume a few hours alone!
    Keith

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I picked up number 150 directly from Lorne yesterday - the watch was made available much faster than initially anticipated (I would guess less than three weeks) which was a pleasant surprise and mine is also on the bracelet and echoing what has been said in the previous posts it is very comfortable and offers plenty of adjustment via the easily removable links. I'm not sure if this is obvious or already mentioned but Lorne is now offering a four year warranty on the watch together with his other unique lifetime cover and trade in option. I always check any new mechanical watch on my timegrapher and this was no exception. The watch is showing 0 sec gain or loss in three out of four positions and +2 sec with the crown down - Darius has done a stellar job on regulating the movement and it will be interesting to see how it changes with time but for now its as good as anything that I've owned. If he is amenable and you can make the journey I would highly recommend a visit to Lorne for a face to face; lots of interesting things to talk about, not just watches but that could consume a few hours alone!
    Keith
    Hi Keith, pleased you like 150 and you've upped the anti now for Darius to get the same tuning on all future builds! Thanks for the nice words and it was equally good to meet and chat with yourself over a cappuccino, particularly when you mentioned those two magic phases; 'BMW M5 and Porsche'. You've reminded me to update the website to clarify it's now 4 years on the 'break or damage it in any way and it'll be repaired for free' warranty. Surprisingly other than a couple of repairs during early production that were definitely due to things I hadn't got right in the case design (all corrected a long time ago), the only repairs have been due to the occasional fault in an ETA movement. Even ETA with their superb quality control can make an error.

I'm on 4 years with 135 too,
    As for timing mines been on the wrist for 48 hours, lost 1 second against the iPhone in 48hours. But is that the watch? Or the phone? Lol
    Either which way they're stunning watches IMG_6098.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I'm on 4 years with 135 too,
    As for timing mines been on the wrist for 48 hours, lost 1 second against the iPhone in 48hours. But is that the watch? Or the phone? Lol
    Either which way they're stunning watches IMG_6098.JPG

See jimp, he might be able to sell you a camera Mick.
    Last edited by reggie747; 30th July 2018 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    See jimp, he might be able to sell you a camera sale Mick.
    I have a real good Nikon DSLR hardly use it. This was on a crappy iPhone 5 at 22:30 hrs in street lights no flash.