I thought it would be a good way to "celebrate" my 1000th post by sharing a few photos of my collection. Don't expect to see any PP, AP, JLC, Lange etc. here (I wish).

There are many different styles as I recognise there is no recurrent theme to the collection. I'm simply a watch addict. I buy what takes my fancy as and when I can afford to and within the constraints of family expenses. I like variety in my watches, seldom wearing the same watch two days running, and as I nearly always research my purchases carefully, and often dither for ages before buying, I NEVER sell any.

By now you'll all think I'm weird! :-) Oh, and I also prefer to purchase brand new, so I think only the T-Touch, INOX and Alpha were bought used (from SC of course)!

Some of you will be thinking "if he sold 90% of that lot he could afford to buy something decent". Well generally speaking I get almost as much pleasure from wearing some of my "cheaper" watches as I do wearing the Breitlings or Omega for instance. Some of my watches were gifts from my family so have sentimental value, most are relatively inexpensive compared to many worn on this forum (although not necessarily inexpensive to me), but I simply wear watches for my own pleasure (and I do get a lot of pleasure from my modest collection).

There's nothing rare or unusual in this lot, but I hope some of you enjoy looking at them.

Ian

Some dressy ones to start with -

A mixture of divers -

Some with special sentimental value, including 25th and 30th wedding anniversary presents from my lovely wife (Stowa and Hamilton) -

Some Seikos -

A real mixture here, including my 75p Seiko on blue perlon -

Some of my favourites in this tray, a couple of Eddie's finest, a very well finished Ball (!) and three great Germans -

Various, including a couple of G-Shocks, a couple of Chinese, a couple of Smiths and a Rotary inherited from my late uncle -

Some more with sentimental value (five of these were gifts from the family) -