closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Sellors Jura

Apprentice

CW Sellors Jura

When ordered Damasko watch I was told Delivery time will be between 2-3 weeks now almost 4 weeks and still haven't heard anything, called them few times still saying got to wait. Is there anything I can ask for complimentary compensation? Coz I'm almost about to cancel it tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dizy View Post
    When ordered Damasko watch I was told Delivery time will be between 2-3 weeks now almost 4 weeks and still haven't heard anything, called them few times still saying got to wait. Is there anything I can ask for complimentary compensation? Coz I'm almost about to cancel it tbh.

I don't see why you should get compensation (it's not like it is an essential purchase or a necessary thing to have so it is hardly detrimental to your life for it to be a week or two later than expected). You can either wait or cancel your order, the choice is yours.

But I agree with you that it would be nice if they were able to give you an accurate delivery date and keep you informed about any delays.

Master
    I've got a 556i Mocha on order with them I was told would be about 3 weeks over a month ago but not heard anything from them. I don't think they're known for excellent comminucation from what I've read.

What are you looking to claim compensation against? Loss of earnings as you've been late to work due to not having a watch?

Why do you think you are entitled to compensation ? What do you think they should give you, the watch half price maybe ?

The delay is probably with Damasko, it's not like the watch has arrived and Jura are deliberately delaying shipping it. You sound like a nightmare customer to be honest.

I was told 4 weeks for a strap.. now on 6 weeks and have been told another week to wait..

Just one of those things.

In their defence, this may well be down to Damasko who aren't exaclty great with their schedule keeping or communications.
    Keith

Apprentice
    Well seems like you guys on here working for Jura the way defending them lol. Well I'm a good customer also my job is involve dealing with customers on daily bases. My point is they should give estimate delivery if not exact which they said 2-3 weeks now is 4 that's the big efferent. There is always complimentary offer to customers which I have offered to my clients. Remember customer always right.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    sees this bruv, if and iz a when they get da wrist bling, they will wing it to ya bruv, chillax and av cold wan.

You deal with customers? Honestly? In a kebab van or something?

Sorry, but unless you can write in the forum local language, we're not going to be able to help you greatly...

Use your negotiating skills and come back and tell us what you got... Short shrift is my guess...

M.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    sees this bruv, if and iz a when they get da wrist bling, they will wing it to ya bruv, chillax and av cold wan.
    Lol made my day. Best reply

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    In their defence, this may well be down to Damasko who aren't exaclty great with their schedule keeping or communications.
    Keith
    Jura should know the expected delivery dates and if its an unexpected delay from Damasko, should notify you with an explanation. Not sure of compensation, it's just poor service.

The answer is no to compensation.

Master
    And this follows on from the P&C Damasko servicing debacle. It seems that any company which acts as intermediary between the public and Damasko catches a customer service cold caused presumably by Damasko DE not being particularly punctual or responsive.

ps to the OP, compensation for a week late order, American perchance?
    Last edited by Padders; 12th September 2016 at 17:15.

Craftsman
    I was told 2 weeks on a Damasko but it took 4 to arrive didn't mind that but mine needs to be returned for defect so not happy.

Master
    I have a Seiko Padi on order with Jura they charged my credit card with the amount a few weeks ago and I don't have it yet but they are waiting for delivery so I am fine waiting, as for compensation that is an hilarious statement! What for! Just wait and be patient and if you can't then look elsewhere.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    You deal with customers? Honestly? In a kebab van or something?

Sorry, but unless you can write in the forum local language, we're not going to be able to help you greatly...

Use your negotiating skills and come back and tell us what you got... Short shrift is my guess...

M.
    Keyboard worrier here talking none sense, I asked for advise not English teacher. They don't have Welsh language.

One would almost think Damasko had seen what Rolex is doing with some of its watches and seeking to imitate, having ADs completely unable to tell you accurately when you're going to get your watch.

Master
    If you're a repeat customer, and have previously dealt fairly, ethically and politely with the vendor, they might offer you a small gift or extra of some sort to compensate you for your disappointment, but if you go to them with a sense of entitlement like you've displayed on this thread, the it is highly unlikely you would get anything.

I'd advise a call or email expressing your disappointment, and why the delay is causing you an issue, and see if they offer something. But don't be surprised if they don't. You say 'nearly 4 weeks' so they are not that far over their initial estimate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Keyboard worrier here talking none sense, I asked for advise not English teacher. They don't have Welsh language.
    Keyboard warrior here talking nonsense, I asked for advice not (an) English teacher. They don't have Welsh language. Who don't?

Actually I might give you keyboard worrier, it works just as well.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    If you're a repeat customer, and have previously dealt fairly, ethically and politely with the vendor, they might offer you a small gift or extra of some sort to compensate you for your disappointment, but if you go to them with a sense of entitlement like you've displayed on this thread, the it is highly unlikely you would get anything.

I'd advise a call or email expressing your disappointment, and why the delay is causing you an issue, and see if they offer something. But don't be surprised if they don't. You say 'nearly 4 weeks' so they are not that far over their initial estimate.

I bought this as a 40th birthday gift for my brother which is in week time.

Master

Damasko are IMO not well known for their clockwork schedule! Jura should have warned you. If you don't like their delay take your business elsewhere. You have other options, no one is forcing you to buy from Jura. As far as compensation is concerned, seriously!
    Ps: Worrier or warrior, none sense or nonsense? Please clarify.
    Last edited by 72bpm; 12th September 2016 at 19:08.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post

- - Well, I'm with the original poster, this IS poor service. This is not good enough - as has been mentioned, the customer is (always) right. If I were you I WOULD go elsware, the company seems to be taking the P...S. They and others have had it TOO good.

Apprentice
    As above - - Well, I'm with the original poster, this IS poor service. This is not good enough - as has been mentioned, the customer is (always) right. If I were you I WOULD go elsware, the company seems to be taking the P...S. They and others have had it TOO good.

It's not a delay, it's extra joyous anticipation, free of charge. Now Dornbluth and more so Roger Smith keep you waiting a wee while longer.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    As above - - Well, I'm with the original poster, this IS poor service. This is not good enough - as has been mentioned, the customer is (always) right. If I were you I WOULD go elsware, the company seems to be taking the P...S. They and others have had it TOO good.
    Umm you haven't sussed the punchline yet have you? Where else can you go? Direct from Damasko De who have shocking levels of 'customer service' or perhaps Page and Cooper who are more expensive still and have also come in for some flack regarding their Damasko aftersales service and servicing. Basically sourcing a new Damasko is a lottery of long waits, poor communication and occasionally disappointment. Nice watches though.

Quote Originally Posted by jonf View Post
    So where else exactly are you going to attempt to get a Damasko from?.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Banned
    Blog Entries

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    Damasko are IMO not well known for their clockwork schedule! Jura should have warned you. If you don't like their delay take your business elsewhere. You have other options, no one is forcing you to buy from Jura. As far as compensation is concerned, seriously!
    Ps: Worrier or warrior, none sense or nonsense? Please clarify.
    First of all this is my new experience with Jura, secondly you have no right to tell me where to do my shopping. Sound like you have shares with Jura. Your just opinionated person. I did not ask you to analyse my grammar.

Once in a while, you do come up with a gem:-)👍

I also work in a job that is customer facing and can wholeheartedly say that the customer is NOT always right. Some of them are downright rude, some are self entitled experts and done think that they can get what they want by shouting. But the majority I find are a pleasure to deal with (and I really mean that).

Lead times are at best estimated and they can, and do change. Component suppliers let people down, staff get ill and couriers screw things up. All manner of things can go wrong and lead times can slip.

In jura's defence they are likely just going off the info that they get from the manufacturer and this may or may not be a source of reliable and speedy responses.

What would be nice is that they could give you an update on the delay and give you an idea of when they expect the watch in (of course if the manufacturer is a nightmare they may not know). So whilst I'm not saying that this is exceptional service I certainly don't see it as terrible and Jura might be passing all the information that they have (which may be very little)

Did you give them warning that this is apparently for your brothers birthday? It would have allowed them to put a bit more pressure on the manufacturer that there was an expected cut off date.

OP - you might be getting a hard time here (rightly or wrongly) but I suspect that it's due to the entitlement to compensation. This attitude (which is very American in nature) is a modern phenomena that is guaranteed to rub people up the wrong way (me included, I'll not lie). but I don't see a need for the blatantly rude responses in watch talk.

ps - I see you already got a 10% discount so I don't know if you were expecting more as "compensation" for a lead time slipping?? What were your expectations?

Banned
    Latest TZ-UK headline:

"Sheep Worrier Argues With Keyboard Worriers"

I purchased my Sinn 144 st s jubilee (search for it on here) and the experience was great. they sourced it from Germany for me and when I had a slight issue a few months later they handled the return to sinn and the sorting of the issue and comms were great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66 View Post
    Latest TZ-UK headline:

"Sheep Worrier Argues With Keyboard Worriers"
    Ha!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    I also work in a job that is customer facing and can wholeheartedly say that the customer is NOT always right. Some of them are downright rude, some are self entitled experts and done think that they can get what they want by shouting. But the majority I find are a pleasure to deal with (and I really mean that).

Lead times are at best estimated and they can, and do change. Component suppliers let people down, staff get ill and couriers screw things up. All manner of things can go wrong and lead times can slip.

In jura's defence they are likely just going off the info that they get from the manufacturer and this may or may not be a source of reliable and speedy responses.

What would be nice is that they could give you an update on the delay and give you an idea of when they expect the watch in (of course if the manufacturer is a nightmare they may not know). So whilst I'm not saying that this is exceptional service I certainly don't see it as terrible and Jura might be passing all the information that they have (which may be very little)

Did you give them warning that this is apparently for your brothers birthday? It would have allowed them to put a bit more pressure on the manufacturer that there was an expected cut off date.

OP - you might be getting a hard time here (rightly or wrongly) but I suspect that it's due to the entitlement to compensation. This attitude (which is very American in nature) is a modern phenomena that is guaranteed to rub people up the wrong way (me included, I'll not lie). but I don't see a need for the blatantly rude responses in watch talk.

ps - I see you already got a 10% discount so I don't know if you were expecting more as "compensation" for a lead time slipping?? What were your expectations?
    Brilliant statement, I know hard time and some banter all in good way

Apprentice
    Lol

Grand Master

Compensation?.....you're pissing in the wind and I think you know that. Maybe you're hoping someone from Jura will read this thread?...... possible, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Considering the nature of your responses to comments on this thread, I can't see you hanging around here for long.

You ordered a birthday present, it didn't arrive on time. Hardly grounds for compensation! Your brother's 40, not 4, I'm sure he'll understand.

Paul

Apprentice
    Paul why people can't reply like you have, with sense and logic.

Thanks

Craftsman
    Can I just give CW Sellors/Jura a little positive review?

Ordered a Junghans Max Bill Auto and Max Bill Damen for my wife and I as wedding presents back in March. They were both listed as in stock on the website, however after the finance and order had successfully gone through I received a phonecall saying the Damen (arguably the most important of the two) was not in stock due to an error. Without an ounce of complaint, I explained politely that the wedding was a week and a half away and that if they could do anything to speed up the process i'd be really grateful.

The sales assistant arranged with Junghans in Germany to have the watch express air-freighted (rather than road freighted) to the UK and then CWS/Jura upgraded the delivery to me from a standard next day to a pre-10:30am, free of charge. I was over the moon and so thankful to the sales assistant. It's customer service like this that make you want to return to an AD.

No, honestly, which language is your iPhone set on?

Really, you NEED an English teacher because I'm not sure if you're worried about your keyboard or think I should be...

M

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    No, honestly, which language is your iPhone set on?

Really, you NEED an English teacher because I'm not sure if you're worried about your keyboard or think I should be...

M
    It's in Welsh mate

It's in Welsh mate
    OK...

M.

Grand Master
    You are correct.

"The customer is always right" and has a choice.

I nearly ordered a Bentley Continental GT,but with all the extras they said it would be a minimum of 6 months maybe longer,I said I'm not having that and so decided against ordering one.

I bought a 2013 Hyundai i30 and drove it away the same day instead.

Yes I exercised my right as a customer,I've since been back to Bentley just to rub it in that I bought another car,I could see the salesman seething.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 13th September 2016 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    You are correct.

I nearly ordered a Bentley Continental GT,but with all the extras they said it would be a minimum of 6 months maybe longer,I said I'm not having that and so decided against ordering one.

Yes I exercised my right as a customer,I've since been back to Bentley just to rub it in that I bought another car,I could see the salesman seething.
    Seething there was a Hyundai parked on their premises I assume ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Seething there was a Hyundai parked on their premises I assume ?
    Yes but the spec wasn't as nice as the one I bought,it had stained leather seats on mine and stinks of dog,loads of dog.

Master
    My point is they should give estimate delivery if not exact which they said 2-3 weeks now is 4 that's the big efferent.
    Since when did Jura start selling big (grey) efferents?

Last edited by PJ S; 13th September 2016 at 23:00.

Master
    Does your brother know what you’ve got him or was this to be a complete surprise?
    If the latter, then I’m sure he’ll be a bit disappointed that whatever you’ve ordered hasn’t arrived yet, but that’ll be forgotten about once he sees what you have got him.
    If the former, then he’ll be understanding that the best of intentions don’t always go according to plan.
    Either way, he’ll not complain once it’s in his hands.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    The response is hardly American in nature same could be said for your housing and benefit thieves. The friendly responses to his English skills show a great UK attitude on their own.

Damasko has terrible CS if you spend enough time time on watch fora you will find this out but if your new then people with the knowledge should let you know politely and not sarcastically. BTW most customers today keep that "customer is always right" slogan rolling around in their head and in fact believe it so much, even when they are wrong, can be the rudest, condescending and most impolite individual when they feel they should invoke said virtue.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    You are correct.

Is my sarcasm detector broken? You thought you wanted a continental GT but it was going to take too long, so you got an i30?! Sounds like you just wanted a car - in which case Bentley is hardly the place to start!

OP - as for your predicament, just wait it out. Give them some honest feedback on the wait time/estimate, maybe it'll help out some others in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    The response is hardly American in nature same could be said for your housing and benefit thieves. The friendly responses to his English skills show a great UK attitude on their own.
    I didn't mean to rattle your cage old chap.

The culture of compensation and litigious claims is hugely of American nature. But perhaps an argument / discussion for another post and day (I didn't mean to offend my American friends).

I'm unsure what "housing and benefit thieves" has to do with a discussion about compensation. If you fancy a tit for tat argument about anglo american differences this probably is not the place, nor did I intend for it to start one.

Good day.