closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bi-Metal, am I getting old?

Bi-Metal, am I getting old?

Normally I'd not take any interest in bi-metal watches but I'm rather taken by the Everose/Steel Yachtmaster 40 having just seen it an AD.

Not tried it on, I was in swithering about whether I wanted a black bay dark, but now that I'm home I've spent more time finding out more about the yachtmaster.

Granted its not everyone's cup of tea, but neither is a blacked out sub-alike!

Bi-Metal, am I getting old?

It's not your typical TT, I think it looks great. I don't know whether it's just the picture but if the dial is chocolate brown it really suits the watch.

Edit: yes, you old git but you're not alone!

Yes, very.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Feels like the root beer of the '10s. I see a potential risk of looking dated rather soon. But it is lovely, especially in the flesh, fairly discrete looking.

Hmm bi-curious eh?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I tried the same dial and bimetal combination on with the new DJ 41 - the colour combination in real life is fab

My Gran really likes it
    Gray

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Hmm bi-curious eh?
    brilliant !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It's not your typical TT, I think it looks great. I don't know whether it's just the picture but if the dial is chocolate brown it really suits the watch.

Edit: yes, you old git but you're not alone!
    Yup the dial is chocolate brown sunburst,.
    On a sunny day I can only imagine how nice it looks :), since you can only get so much of an idea under AD lighting.

Think I'll stop by Makro then and stock up on Wether's orignals then.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Feels like the root beer of the '10s. I see a potential risk of looking dated rather soon. But it is lovely, especially in the flesh, fairly discrete looking.
    In its favour it looks like the rest of the sports Rolex range, but your right the color scheme will could probably look dated when rose gold falls out of fashion.

Its definately alot less "look at me" than the standard bi-metal.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Yup the dial is chocolate brown sunburst,.
    Something about that sounds quite worrying, like a chocolate starfish only worse...

I almost wish I could persuade myself to like bi-metal, you could get so many bargains.

Actually having looked at some photos, the rose gold take on bi-metal is a hell of a lot more appealing than the 70s yellow gold style - why not if it suits you!

Grand Master
    I Like it....but I`m a bimetal fan so I would say that. Rose gold is a more subdued look than yellow, but I still prefer yellow gold.

Paul

I like it a lot. Have to check it out in person.

Looks great I have a two tone Speed master and love it
    Last edited by Timetotalk; 9th September 2016 at 21:06.

Blog Entries
    I like TT but not sure about the brown dial

I quite like it but I if I had to spend my own money I don't think I could justify spending the premium over a steel watch for a TT.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk

I found bi metal to be my most go to watch
    I think as your skin ages certain tones work better
    I wouldn't have dreamt of gold 15 years ago
    Now I just ordered a Graham bi metal ( ok shoot me down Graham haters !! I know there are a lot of you out there lol)

Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    I tried one on recently. Beautiful in the flesh & much nicer than standard bi metal bling.

This.

You know you're getting old when you don't need to ask anyone else's opinion as to what you like.

I think at times there is an over obsession with SS models. Certainly in the case of the Daytona models some of the SS White faced dials look quite bland compared to the TT models. I have had a TT Ceramic Submariner and an older Daytona and both looked just as good if not better than their SS equivalents.

I think the all yellow gold models are a no go zone these days - too blingy, African Dictators spring to mind and very 'Jim'll Fix It'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    I quite like it but I if I had to spend my own money I don't think I could justify spending the premium over a steel watch for a TT.

Mark Williams on IPhone Taptalk
    I agree though I do like this watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I am a big fan of TT watches some brands get it right in colours and shades and have been since my 20's. Now I have started to like yellow Gold, which is strange as in the past I have avoided yellow gold and gone for White gold watches.

Have always like the YM, this to me looks even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bi metal gmt, absolutely love it, not too shouty. Have yet to try rose gold tho.

I've got a TT Datejust with white face. Not old at all

Master
    Best looking bi-metal watch I've seen. It has more warmth and class than the tacky garish bling associated with 'traditional' bi-metal. Winner for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    I think it looks good and has been said before the dial will be stunning in sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Normally I'd not take any interest in bi-metal watches but I'm rather taken by the Everose/Steel Yachtmaster 40 having just seen it an AD.

Not tried it on, I was in swithering about whether I wanted a black bay dark, but now that I'm home I've spent more time finding out more about the yachtmaster.

Granted its not everyone's cup of tea, but neither is a blacked out sub-alike!

Not getting old just getting more taste in your twilight years that is lovely ,I don't understand why they offer it on that rubber abomination they will sell them on nasty NATO,s next

Craftsman
    Very nice.

Craftsman
    Anyone know if these are at UK ad's yet? If I could get one for say 20% off list I wouldn't hesitate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks very nice. I look forward to seeing one at an AD

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think at times there is an over obsession with SS models. Certainly in the case of the Daytona models some of the SS White faced dials look quite bland compared to the TT models. I have had a TT Ceramic Submariner and an older Daytona and both looked just as good if not better than their SS equivalents.

I think the all yellow gold models are a no go zone these days - too blingy, African Dictators spring to mind and very 'Jim'll Fix It'.
    Interesting point, over obsession with SS, I would say on here it's the over obsession with the TT or YG. Maybe just the way I read the forum. I'm a stainless fan and not TT whereas you're a TT guy. Fair point however.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Meant to say, bang on about YG, now then now then jingle jangle! And dictators, those are the reasons I wouldn't wear YG tbh.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Best looking bi-metal watch I've seen. It has more warmth and class than the tacky garish bling associated with 'traditional' bi-metal. Winner for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    yip!

That looks stunning, I was very tempted to buy a bi-colour Rolex GMT ceramic recently, never understood the negative feeling toward bi-colour watches. From the pictures that YM is one of the best looking I've seen, I'm saving up for the Everose YM on rubber.....