closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 7 prices, wow!

iPhone 7 prices, wow!

Just had a quick look at the iPhone 7 prices, wow 7 plus in jet black 256mb is £919.00 I know people will buy it but when I look at what they are offering trade in in my 6 plus (£240). You can buy a MacBook for less than a mobile now.

Am I just out of touch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Apple will not see a penny of my money, ridiculous pricing, for something that's cost tens of pounds to make.

Apple have increased prices of almost everything overnight including accessories. It's quite ridiculous now.

An iPhone dock now costs £49, that is hilarious.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget to add £150 for earphones!

Not sorry I jumped the Apple ship for Samsung

Added £50 to the price of an iPad pro 9.7 too.

That's nice of them

Master

I tried a Samsung two or three years ago and came back to Apple. At this rate I'll be back off again when my iPhone 6 bites the dust. I couldn't get on with the S3, maybe I'll have more luck with one of their latest models.

On the plus side I never use headphones on my phone. I'm still going to buy the new Macbook Pro, cracking computers.
    "A man of little significance"

Total rip off!

Banned
    Unsure what people expected.

Personally, I can’t wait to get mine.

Baaaaaaaaa
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Really do not understand the spluttering protests at all.

The largest part of the mobile phone market is about pay monthly contracts - not the outright price of the phone (any phone).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    V. rich company, a desirable brand and people who 'must have' - what's not to get? No-one got rich underestimating the public and it's about contracts anyway. Wireless headphones? everyone will want them and the tech will move to other brands. You aren't required to buy the phone, just buy a used one as evidenced in SC

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    No-one got rich underestimating the public and it's about contracts anyway.
    Not for everyone it isn't, I've always bought mine contract free.

I can't remember the last time I bought an iPhone on a contract. The cheapest way is to buy outright and have a sim only deal.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Ha ha ha

Trying to argue Apple are a ripoff on a Watch appreciation forum!

The definition of irony!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Apple have increased prices of almost everything overnight including accessories. It's quite ridiculous now.

An iPhone dock now costs £49, that is hilarious.
    Wouldn't catch other luxury sector manufacturers doing that.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I'll stick with my Samsung S5 thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Ha ha ha

The definition of irony!

Indeed, with "artisan" made leather straps being the biggest p!$$ take.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Fail to understand people trying to rationalise something that cannot be rationalised ie fashion,must have,look what I have and on and on.If you have the money and can afford the phone great if not Apple don't care you are not in their Worldwide demographic the same as Rolex and the ceramic Daytona or Bentley and their new SUV.

Same cost elsewhere. Price is higher in devalued pounds.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

The largest part of the mobile phone market is about pay monthly contracts - not the outright price of the phone (any phone).
    You still pay for the phone in a monthly contract! If your paying £45 a month for a 6s you'll be paying £60-70 for the 7.

My GS quartz doesn't cost me that (IFC)!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Ha ha ha

The definition of irony!

To be fair, your (insert luxury watch brand here) doesn't have a non replaceable battery and software that goes out of support meaning it goes in the bin after 5-7 years does it?

Master
    The price will be a factor for me if I can it for £50pm or there abouts I will go for it, I may pay something towards a higher end model with more storage but for the entry model 7 I wouldn't pay anything.
    Normally the network offer me a good deal as I've several contracts with them.

The alternative is the OnePlus 3 and go sim free as it would allow me to run a second sim at the same time due to being dual sim, and it would also save a fair chunk of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    I don't understand why Android Fanboys like to denigrate Apple, it seems that they're in denial that they are also sheep, just penned in a different field. Baa baa indeed. I'm not happy with the removal of the headphone socket on the new iPhone, the HTC 10 is looking like an attractive alternative for my next purchase. A friend who works in the mobile industry used to refer to Samsung as Tupperware, but I'll be taking a look at their products to check the quality and to see if they do what I want, notwithstanding the self immolation annoyance.
    F.T.F.A.

Surely the cheapest way is to buy it outright and get one of those crazy cheap sim free deals (unless you want to spread out the cost)?

Personally I've never been a fan of iOS, thats always stopped me buying an iphone. But it should be remembered the pre-exploding Note 7 wasn't exactly cheap either.

I'd still buy a macbook though - for me works better than a PC. Eyeing up one of those lovely 12in ones for a mobile machine.....

Journeyman
    I am sheep. I am decked out in Apple gear. I can't complain though.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    To be fair, your (insert luxury watch brand here) doesn't have a non replaceable battery and software that goes out of support meaning it goes in the bin after 5-7 years does it?

I'm Not comparing products, I'm comparing logic, or lack of it.

You can buy a Casio for £10 that tells the time but you choose to spend £????? On a watch.

You can buy a Samsung smart phone for £79 on PAYG but choose to pay £50 a monthx24 to have the latest and greatest iPhone.

There is no rational explanation. It's just "how we are"

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
    I am sheep. I am decked out in Apple gear. I can't complain though.
    Goes against the grain of your nick, no?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    You still pay for the phone in a monthly contract! If your paying £45 a month for a 6s you'll be paying £60-70 for the 7.
    Really, I did not realise there was a fee involved.............
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Just had a quick look at the iPhone 7 prices, wow 7 plus in jet black 256mb is £919.00 I know people will buy it but when I look at what they are offering trade in in my 6 plus (£240). You can buy a MacBook for less than a mobile now.

Am I just out of touch.
    But why buy 256MB version - most data is cloud based these days - shame there is no 64GB - that is the sweet spot for me. Anyway - Apple will charge what the market will take.

I only got a replacement iPhone 6 this year (not 6s) after my 5C turned into a brick - so that should keep me going for another year - I'm on SIM only - so will wait for the iPhone8 whatever it will be called this time next year.

Only reason I'd upgrade is the camera looks kinda nice and TBH most of my photography needs are handled by a phone cam these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    Don't forget to add £150 for earphones!

Not sorry I jumped the Apple ship for Samsung
    Galaxy s7 in Argos is £630, how much more is the equivalent iPhone 7?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Surely the cheapest way is to buy it outright and get one of those crazy cheap sim free deals (unless you want to spread out the cost)?

The 0% deal that Apple do looks attractive in that respect, £49 down and pay the balance over 20 months. After the 11th payment there's the option of handing the phone back and starting again with the latest model. The phone is supplied sim free and unlocked to be used with a sim from any provider.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Apple will not see a penny of my money, ridiculous pricing, for something that's cost tens of pounds to make.
    How different is this to lashing out £5,700 on a SubC?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Im an Apple sheep (tried Android but think its crap)

Regardless - as a iPhone 6 Plus user etc. last year was for the first since iPhone 1 era that I never bothered upgrading. Unlike previous years my phone is neither sluggish and still does everything I need so think I can squeeze out one more year. Looking at the iPhone 7 I think I'm happy to wait yet another year for the 10th Anniversary, where hopefully big changes will occur if rumours are correct.

Nowadays I'm a bluetooth headphone user so the fuss about the removal of the headphone jack doesn't bother me (just like removing the DVD drive when the original Macbook Air was unleashed). I must admit though, the supplied dongle is very un-Apple and those Airpod headphones won't be much use running and are pretty fugly with the stems (I never thought about the battery so it makes sense but a bit of an eyesore)

Nice to see they have finally eliminated the crazy 16GB option, storage has always been stingy with Apple and this is long overdue
    Last edited by kultschar; 8th September 2016 at 09:53.

Grand Master
    I don`t do the mobile phone thing, I carry a cheap pay as you go phone and that's all it is for me, a facility to make and receive the odd phonecall when I`m away from home. I don`t travel much so internet access away from home doesn`t help me, I don`t need it. If I want music whilst out and about I use an old MP3 player with some decent quality earphones.

What's clear to me is the way the mobile phone has crossed over into 'must have' luxury goods territory. It's no longer about what capability it provides, it's more about owning/being seen with the latest version for it's own sake. The elitism/peer group pressure thing kicks in, people get laughed for having a basic cheap phone. I`ve had this from youngsters who haven`t got a pot to piss in......but the've got to have a fancy phone and they can`t see why I don`t have one. If the phone costs £900 it's an expensive item, no question about that, and those who have contracts are paying for the phone one way or another.

There are some who always yearn to have the latest version of anything, be it cars, phones or watches. I'm glad I`m not one of them.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 8th September 2016 at 09:57.

will have to wait to see what the contract deals are like, mine is due now but waiting to see what the cost is compared to a 6S, normally these is not much difference. I still wish they had a 64GB version as thats what I have now and dont need the 128 but the 32 is to small.

I am stuck with apple in a way as I have so much music on itunes, you can prob transfer this to work on a samsung but had a apple so long don't feel like swapping phones. The video of the guy working the samsung underwater does seem a bit crazy for a phone

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I`ve had this from youngsters who haven`t got a pot to piss in......but the've got to have a fancy phone
    Paul
    Indeed Paul

I waste my money on this kind of thing but know some people (and family come to think of it) who have crap jobs, struggle to pay bills but still always have the latest greatest ££ iPhone or Samsung (on hire purchase / interest terms) and they usually lose the damn thing or drop / smash it within 6 months!

Its the women who carry their phones constantly in their hands all the time so it is always on show who amuse me, kind of like parading a trophy. Put it in your handbag or pocket love!
    Last edited by kultschar; 8th September 2016 at 10:12.

Spot on with the last couple of posts gentleman....

Craftsman
    I couldn't agree more with the last few posts, phones nowadays seem to have become status symbols, and the need to constantly keep upgrading to the latest and greatest escapes me, as does paying almost a grand for a phone.

Techradar are suggesting that you'll be able to get a 1GB deal on a basic 32GB Iphone 7 for around £40 with £120 upfront. That's the equivalent of £45 per months. I'm guessing that will mean its around £50 per month for a 5GB deal?

For the very latest tech and more memory and battery power than last time that's an OK deal especially when you consider how the residuals stack up against Samsung, HTC and Sony.

I left Apple 4 years ago and have been very happy on Android. This is the first one I've seriously consider going back for because of the bigger standard memory, dual speakers, increasingly good camera and the residuals.

Lets see what deals come up on Uswitch.com

Master
    Apple iphone sales have declined for the past few years.

Only a matter of time before the rest decide they are being ripped off and move to other products which are as good nowadays.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...sales-decline/

Master
    Blog Entries
    Will be interesting to see how the camera improves, they really seemed to hype it up.

Stereo speakers hopefully means the phone rings a lot louder (one of my iPhone pet hates) though I dont use the speakers for music or films

I think they said the battery life was 2 hours more then the 6S - battery life of course always a pain with smartphones so hopefully that is accurate!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Techradar are suggesting that you'll be able to get a 1GB deal on a basic 32GB Iphone 7 for around £40 with £120 upfront. That's the equivalent of £45 per months. I'm guessing that will mean its around £50 per month for a 5GB deal?

For the very latest tech and more memory and battery power than last time that's an OK deal especially when you consider how the residuals stack up against Samsung, HTC and Sony.

I left Apple 4 years ago and have been very happy on Android. This is the first one I've seriously consider going back for because of the bigger standard memory, dual speakers, increasingly good camera and the residuals.

Lets see what deals come up on Uswitch.com
    That sounds like a poor deal to me.

For a 1G data At the figures above the contract would cost £1200 over 24 months. I pay £15 per month of an equivalent sim only plan from Vodafone and suspect I could find cheaper if I looked. But that costs me £360 over the same period.

Which means that the base 32g iPhone 7 is costing £720 rather than £599 direct from Apple, more than the 128g and only £80 less than the 256g.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Apple iphone sales have declined for the past few years.

Only a matter of time before the rest decide they are being ripped off and move to other products which are as good nowadays.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...sales-decline/
    I think its got to the stage where smartphones has probably peaked. There is no "wow" factor anymore with smartphones. No innovative new features like there once was, now its mainly improvements. Its gone from small and chunky (remember when small = great) and now its about the bigger display and thin casing! (can they get any thinner? The iPhone 6 is so damn thin that its slippery without a case)

I imagine a lot of people only upgrade now if they lose / damage a phone or have a model several generations old (this is where I have fallen into)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Upset about Apple.

While wearing Rolex/PP/omega, red wing/trickers/cheaney/loake and carrying LV/mulberry/filson/Billingham and driving BMW/Audi/Porsche/Aston.

Three are doing a SIM only deal with 4gb data for only £9pm.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Upset about Apple.

While wearing Rolex/PP/omega, red wing/trickers/cheaney/loake and carrying LV/mulberry/filson/Billingham and driving BMW/Audi/Porsche/Aston.
    You dont need an iPhone, your butler can answer your calls! :)

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Upset about Apple.

You forgot Skoda.

The outright purchase cost will be irrelevant to most adopters, it's the 'cheap'credit with contracts that sells these things. £15 a weeks sounds a lot more affordable than £900 upfront.
    Cheap credit makes the world go round these days.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Looking to replace my HTC M8 I went for the S7 Edge. It really is quality gear with a two-day battery (for me anyway, and it's hardly out of my hand) and an appreciably better camera than the HTC. I dismissed the HTC 10 because the camera wasn't as good as the S7's (the M9 is generally agreed to be crap). Since I do have an iPad Air, not used much apart from Amazon Prime TV, I could have waited for the iPhone 7, but I just couldn't. The price justified my decision. This sort of gadget is the top end of my price point.
    Living in a generally poorer area I rarely see the newest iPhones waved about. People round here are more pragmatic with their money. My sister and BiL who could easily have afforded a 6 when they bought last year went instead for a 5 because it did all they wanted.
    The camera on the S7 really is good. I'll wait to see the reviews of the iPhone 7 to see if I might have waited longer and made a different decision.