closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nespresso Capsules

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    When sitting in my van drinking instant coffee (brand varies) from my Thermos, I had thought I was enjoying just a short refreshment break. Little did I realise that coffee appears to be a lifestyle statement.
    In future I'll stick with tea.
    When sitting in my van looking at my £10 watch from Argos, I had thought I was just checking the time. Little did I realise that my cheapshit watch appears to be a lifestyle statement.
    In future I'll buy a watch of quality which pleases me........

As someone advised me: "the world is full of good wines - why waste time, drinking the crap stuff??"

Al

That's like sitting in a pub drinking a pint of John Smiths Bitter. If you are happy with that choice then good for you.
    Doesn't mean that those enjoying the 'real beer' revival and various styles of proper beer available have made a "lifestyle statement", they have just decided not to be satisfied with banal mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    That's like sitting in a pub drinking a pint of John Smiths Bitter. If you are happy with that choice then good for you.
    Doesn't mean that those enjoying the 'real beer' revival and various styles of proper beer available have made a "lifestyle statement", they have just decided not to be satisfied with banal mediocrity.
    If they are so satisfied, can they keep it to themselves and not bore the rest of us?

let him who is without sin cast the first stone

Don't expect people to say nothing when commenting on others choices.
    I replied to 2 points which were equally valid. They were to do with cost/value and speciality coffee being a "lifestyle choice"

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I might give these a try at some point...
    Bumping this old thread to report that I tried these and they weren't very good. If you're considering them, save your money. I got the selection pack and they were all a bit weak: none of the depth of flavour that you get from the better Nespresso pods and the crema starts to break apart almost immediately. I suspect the biodegradable capsules just don't keep the coffee as fresh as the aluminium ones. The also tend to stick in the machine, which is annoying, though I could live with that if the coffee was half decent.

SWMBO is favouring the Taylor's range at the moment, for me it's still Nespresso's offerings.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    I've recently tried the Co-op version, and they're pretty good. They were on 3 for 2 recently and well worth that money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    SWMBO is favouring the Taylor's range at the moment, for me it's still Nespresso's offerings.
    Might give those a try. I like their ground coffee (especially as I drink a lot of decaf and theirs is very good). Also Yorkshire Tea is the best tea. Didn't know they made Nespresso capsules. Must have missed it if anyone posted that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by paule23 View Post
    I've recently tried the Co-op version, and they're pretty good. They were on 3 for 2 recently and well worth that money.

Yep, second that. £2 a box, and not bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I'm so pleased with my Gaggia (cost £500, 13 yrs ago - and one repair costing £130 in that time) - and still going strong.

I would recommend what appears to be the equivalent of my (Synchrony Digital) - below (could be a bit of a bargain?)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaggia-Brer...aggia+syncrony

Al
    What?! £230 for a bean to cup Gaggia.... isn't that ridiculously cheap? I'm considering one now.

H
    If you give people nothingness, they can ponder what can be achieved from that nothingness.
    Sent from my iPhone

Craftsman

Nespresso Capsules

I recently bought Dualit coffee pods which are nespresso compatible. 60 capsules for £10 at Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hyl1987 View Post
    What?! £230 for a bean to cup Gaggia.... isn't that ridiculously cheap?
    Apparently so, they're all gone.

Cafe Nero. Nice shop, good coffee. Somebody else does the washing up.

Craftsman
    Apologies for the zombie thread resurrection, but just to let you know that Nespresso are discontinuing the "Pure Origin" range. They are offering a last chance to buy, so get in quick if you want to re-stock. Unfortunately the Indriya pod is going, which was my favourite for a long americano style drink

There's a new "Master Origin" range, I've ordered Colombia, India and Indonesia to try.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am looking forward to trying the 8ndonesian stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Apologies for the zombie thread resurrection, but just to let you know that Nespresso are discontinuing the "Pure Origin" range. They are offering a last chance to buy, so get in quick if you want to re-stock. Unfortunately the Indriya pod is going, which was my favourite for a long americano style drink

There's a new "Master Origin" range, I've ordered Colombia, India and Indonesia to try.
    I tried the new Nicaragua one this morning, it was very nice. We actually just signed up to the promotion where you buy £25 credit a month for 12 months and get a machine & frothed for £1. Good to have a backup machine for pretty much free when we spend that on capsules anyway.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    I tried the new Nicaragua one this morning, it was very nice. We actually just signed up to the promotion where you buy £25 credit a month for 12 months and get a machine & frothed for £1. Good to have a backup machine for pretty much free when we spend that on capsules anyway.
    Hadn’t spotted this offer before, very interesting, and annoying as just ordered £90 of capsules... ugh the as well move the next order to gain a backup to the Kitchenaid machine my wife got me.

Seems daft not to have the spare, or one to leave at the parents in law for when I visit.

Master
    only tried 2 alternatives to pukka nespresso pods, Dualit which were vile and Aldi which are acceptable, Usually pick up a box of 10 Aldi 'Brazilian' pods once a week as they are pretty much volutos for half the price. If I have to venture into the hell that is milton keynes I'll usually pick up a few sleeves of the good stuff as i resent paying so much for nespressos postage but do prefer the originals.

Master
    Thay sounds like a plan. Must Google that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    only tried 2 alternatives to pukka nespresso pods, Dualit which were vile and Aldi which are acceptable, Usually pick up a box of 10 Aldi 'Brazilian' pods once a week as they are pretty much volutos for half the price. If I have to venture into the hell that is milton keynes I'll usually pick up a few sleeves of the good stuff as i resent paying so much for nespressos postage but do prefer the originals.
    Lidl ones are also ok. Agree re: Dualit

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    i resent paying so much for nespressos postage but do prefer the originals.
    Strange, I never pay Nespresso for postage. Usually order 20 packs at a time and get free postage. I think I only need to order 10 packs these days, but 20 is easier.

Craftsman
    Yup, 10 sleeves = free postage.

Craftsman
    Have now tried "India" and regret to say it's not a patch on "Indriya" which it is replacing

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Have now tried "India" and regret to say it's not a patch on "Indriya" which it is replacing

I liked Indriya a lot but also really like the new India it is very similar to my taste buds :)

Master
    Arpeggio or Ristretto in decaff and caff for me. I do use a stove top or a gaggia but at work we have a nespresso machine which we got a good deal on. The capsules and coffee are still the best imo. I need to try some of the new flavours

Harrods do a multipack of four x 10 capsules for £24, the Kensington Blend is excellent, probably as good as anything from Nespresso They also do a Jamaican Blue Mountain but at £25 for 10 capsules it's not exactly a billy-bargain....

Grand Master
    I switched over to the L'Or, either Forza which i prefer, or the Onyx which is also decent, always seems to be someone selling them for 2 quid for 10, so look around Asda/Tesco/Waitrose/etc and buy up when on offer.

I just stopped buying Nespresso ones, too expensive and they always seem to change the best ones.

Craftsman
    All very interesting ....do different machines make a difference to the coffee ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    All very interesting ....do different machines make a difference to the coffee ?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Not really, had 3 so far, as long as you put the same amount of water through it seems to be the same, so worth having a try at running the same capsule once, twice, etc for strength/taste preference. The only problem is the auto ejection ones, where you can't really do this, but with a lungo function that can do the same thing i guess.

I’m a fan of the Spanish café con leche and the Portuguese meia de leite.

Heat half a cup of skimmed in the microwave and froth with an aerolatte, then stick in a double shot of Ristretto.

Best café con leche outside the Iberian peninsula.

If you’re in East Anglia there’s a new pop-up in Norwich.