closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Having wasted hours watching Lost - where none of the 'clues' or 'plot points' ever linked up or made any kind of sense - I'm not convinced it's worth speculating on anything at this point. If this season gets good ratings they'll start extending the storyline for the next season(s) - if not there will be lots of loose ends left and the series will end leaving more questions than answers. Frankly I'm finding it soooooo slow, and the gratuitous nudity I'd a bit puerile - why do the lady robots all have to sit around naked, and how have they convinced the actresses to endlessly flash their norks for no apparent reason?!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    here is my take on man in black, I think he is in fact a host, with special privileges, and that he has been sent on a mission by Dr Robert Ford to find the centre of the maze left behind by Arnold,

I think he has been searching on behalf of Ford for many years, but has of course been unsuccessful, time will tell the result.
    How do you explain the guest breaking character in ep 4 and thanking MiB for his real world work helping his sister?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anton863 View Post
    How do you explain the guest breaking character in ep 4 and thanking MiB for his real world work helping his sister?
    we are assuming it was his real world sister? or could we assume it was his sister within westworld?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    we are assuming it was his real world sister? or could we assume it was his sister within westworld?
    The man in black tells the guy who thanks him that he is on vacation.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Doesn't he say "your FOUNDATION saved my sister" or words to that effect?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Doesn't he say "your FOUNDATION saved my sister" or words to that effect?
    Not sure to be honest.

I'm loving it ...but not sure I am really understanding what is going on? A bit like the Prisoner!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    he may well be, in his storyline/programming

Did anyone else pick up that one of the two guests with Dolores was called Logan?

Given that there are no coincidences i'm wondering if this is a sly nod to the sci-fi film Logan's run?

I'm still convinced that Bernard is a robot (and pretty much everyone else who works servicing them in the background too)

Loving every minute of this, I knew I would. Best Sci fi in ages. I think I might have missed some of the Norks, in all the excitement, so I am going to watch it again tonight........

Thumbs up I just watched Episode 5 and unfortunately this show is...

...disappearing up its own @rse much faster than 'Lost' ever did.

I am convinced that the writers have NO CLUE where all the strands of the 'plot' are going and are just making it up as they go along. Therefore I'm out for now. :)

So it's back to Season 2 of 'The Wire'. Never watched it before and it really IS as good as the critics and all the rest say.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    ...disappearing up its own @rse much faster than 'Lost' ever did.

I am convinced that the writers have NO CLUE where all the strands of the 'plot' are going and are just making it up as they go along. Therefore I'm out for now. :)

So it's back to Season 2 of 'The Wire'. Never watched it before and it really IS as good as the critics and all the rest say.
    I agree, it is not for the impatient, I think it is more along the lines of Twin Peaks, and is trying to emulate that, I found Twin Peaks to be tedious at first, but it went on to become one of my favourites,

I will be sticking with Westworld for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    Did anyone else pick up that one of the two guests with Dolores was called Logan?

Given that there are no coincidences i'm wondering if this is a sly nod to the sci-fi film Logan's run?

I'm still convinced that Bernard is a robot (and pretty much everyone else who works servicing them in the background too)
    Another massive failing in my view: i've watched them all and I know perhaps three characters names. Ford, Dolores, thingummy (the black guy) and whathisname (the nice cowboy) and doodah (the hooker madam).

Journeyman
    I usually have faith in HBO shows and although for now I'm still enjoying this (just) there is only so much mystery, underlying plot threads, misdirection and dead ends my humble grey matter can take before it just gives up.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be the new Lost where it started well then they seemed to just make it up as they went on.

Agreed. It's all getting a tad too close to Lost for my liking. Needs to up the pace and reveal some of the plot instead of each episode just generating more questions than answers. GoT it is not.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I'm really enjoying it.

It's got a nice mix of intrigue and action!!

Red face Yes, but both of which seem to be going...

...NOWHERE! :)

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I'm really enjoying it.

It's got a nice mix of intrigue and action!!

It's either a very slow plot build to some outrageous reveal or the script writers are having a total giraffe

Have to admit I do want to see what happens though

Master
    It's a show I am now watching at x6 speed until something happens.

Master
    Glad to say I stuck with it after previous doubts and starting to enjoy it now. Some of the reasons being-
    Dolores finally getting out of that bloody awful dress and showing some character.
    Ed Harris finally being allowed to act.
    Plotlines with the GPS implant.
    The cutie behavioural girl.
    They've now shown twice there can be more than one of each character.
    and Thandie -" I think you and I should have a talk".

Apprentice
    I was getting a bit worried about where it was going after episode 2&3 but it's unravelling nicely now...I'm hooked!

Apparently HBO has spent over $100m on this and are planning 5-6 series.

I'm struggling to see how they can drag it out this long and am worrying that it will turn into Lost. For now I'll keep the faith...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    Apparently HBO has spent over $100m on this and are planning 5-6 series.

I'm struggling to see how they can drag it out this long and am worrying that it will turn into Lost. For now I'll keep the faith...
    I'm v happy about this news. Don't understand all the lost-hate. There must be a strong similarity, right enough, as I loved lost right to the end.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Master
    I must admit my primary reason for watching is to see Thandie in the altogether.

So far it has exceeded my expectations although I fear I will find it completely insufferable when they finally show an episode without such delightful entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I must admit my primary reason for watching is to see Thandie in the altogether.

So far it has exceeded my expectations although I fear I will find it completely insufferable when they finally show an episode without such delightful entertainment.
    Ms. Newton has a delightful pelt and raspberry ripples.
    F.T.F.A.

Red face Sorry to disappoint, but...

It's a body double. :)

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Ms. Newton has a delightful pelt and raspberry ripples.

The 16 year old brain trapped in my 59 year old body doesn't care, the vision of the pelt and nips are forever burned into it.
    F.T.F.A.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    no its not,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Westworld.html

Confused? best to give in now. For the rest.....................................

https://youtu.be/NeuHSS4gB7Q

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Confused? best to give in now. For the rest.....................................

https://youtu.be/NeuHSS4gB7Q
    I'm salivating.

Clues as to what's really going on so don't read if you don't want to know

Okay, there's a lot you guys are missing here, so for clarity...

William and the MiB are almost certainly one and the same person. William's timeline is thirty years ago, whilst the MiB is in the present. What we don't yet is what changed him into the brutal killer he is now, but I'm sure it'll have something to do with Dolores.

There's probably a third timeline, when the man who appears to be Bernard is conducting his conversations with Dolores. The popular view is that he's actually Arnold, at a time before William and Nolan enter Westworld.

If the above is correct, then Bernard is some kind of Arnold clone, probably with the same consciousness uploaded. And no, he couldn't see himself in the photo, because he wouldn't have been allowed to, and it's also why he didn't know about Arnold in his conversation with Ford when he clearly would/should have done.

The reason that the MiB can do whatever he likes is that his company effectively own Westworld now (there were hints of this in one of the earlier episodes).

That's all I can think of for now but I have to admit, I'm absolutely loving it!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 5th November 2016 at 12:57.

Craftsman
    I'm thinking the two timeline part is going to be a reverse twist, with the 'clues' about two timelines building up until in the last ep we have William face to face with MiB for the big reveal.

Not too sure about the Bernard robot theory, but I wouldn't be shocked either. Sure they have a few surprises for us.

Master
    Dolores is Arnold.

Master
    Dolores is Arnold.
    His consciousness transplanted into her software?

Dolores is Arnold.
    Interesting alternative theory, but the clues certainly point to Bernard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

William and the MiB are almost certainly one and the same person. William's timeline is thirty years ago, whilst the MiB is in the present. What we don't yet is what changed him into the brutal killer he is now, but I'm sure it'll have something to do with Dolores.

There's probably a third timeline, when the man who appears to be Bernard is conducting his conversations with Dolores. The popular view is that he's actually Arnold, at a time before William and Nolan enter Westworld.

If the above is correct, then Bernard is some kind of Arnold clone, probably with the same consciousness uploaded. And no, he couldn't see himself in the photo, because he wouldn't have been allowed to, and it's also why he didn't know about Arnold in his conversation with Ford when he clearly would/should have done.

The reason that the MiB can do whatever he likes is that his company effectively own Westworld now (there were hints of this in one of the earlier episodes).

That's all I can think of for now but I have to admit, I'm absolutely loving it!

William / MiB - agreed. The timelines are wierd but when he arrives with Logan, the Westworld logo is an earlier version, so that timeline is from 30 years ago. He meets Dolores, falls in love with her and keeps coming back...recall the tin scene, we now know the first toime that happened it was William who picks it up and not Teddy. But something has gone wrong, or someone (poss Bernard) is programming Dolores to stay away from him.

Also think the 'incident' of someone being harmed could when we see Logan being beaten.

I think Bernard is a robot with Arnold's programming. The way Robert talks to him with certain syntax makes me think he also knows it. Then there's the constant talks with Dolores taking place (in one timeline) it what appears to be a pretty basic basement, suggesting it was early on in Westworld. Later conversations are sometimes in the current Programming Dept.

Haven't worked out this new narrative Dr Ford is creating and how/where the Wyatt chracter may fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Not convinced of the 2 timeline William/MiB thing. In last episode?, the same bloke approved MiB's pyrotechnics at the prison breakout and also commented on how far Delores had travelled with William, unless that bloke is a robot too and has not aged in 30 yrs?

Brighty

My first thought was that the Man in Black is Logan as he's been dressed in black from his first appearance.

That crossed my mind too...but it ignores the attraction to Dolores that is part of William's story to date. Also William and Lawrence are much closer in the first timeline (the train scene) which could explain why he hunts him down in the present. Or everyone is a robot and we're all wrong :)

There is a theory going about that William is the man in black when he was younger. We are watching two time lines, maybe............................

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    There is a theory going about that William is the man in black when he was younger. We are watching two time lines, maybe............................
    IMO we are not close yet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just watched episode 6, things are definitely changing, I cant say more without spoilers.

but much more action packed, for Westworld that is.

Master
    Found ep 6 more plodding, less 'western action'. Disappointed. Still intriguing mind you.

Although I just watched Ep 6, I was handicapped by the fact that the cc wasn't functioning, so I missed a lot of the dialog. I suffer from tinnitus since Vietnam and have great difficulty understanding what's being said. Maybe I'll record an 'encore' airing to see if the cc will work.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Although I just watched Ep 6, I was handicapped by the fact that the cc wasn't functioning, so I missed a lot of the dialog. I suffer from tinnitus since Vietnam and have great difficulty understanding what's being said. Maybe I'll record an 'encore' airing to see if the cc will work.
    That's the most exotic reason for tinnitus I've ever heard!

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    That's the most exotic reason for tinnitus I've ever heard!

And Uncle Sam gives me a pittance for this war-related disability. I get nothing for the effects of Agent Orange. Cry me a river!

Master
    Nice to see Thandie not letting the side down. What a trooper!

Master
    Nice to see Thandie not letting the side down. What a trooper!
    She's a stunner.

Its getting pretty intense now with so many theories!

Cannot believe we have to wait a whole week for the next episode

Just watched 6. Love the story and the slow build and the ladies of the night..............................