closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    the " man in black" is so far the only character that had subsidence IMO
    Do you feel he's underpinning it?

Well…I think it's boring. (There I've said it.) It's too pretentious and, after 3 episodes, I still don't know or care about any of the characters. It's more Lost than Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Do you feel he's underpinning it?
    Cant you get insurance for that?

Master
    Really wanting it to be good but took me a week to get round to watching episode 2 so probably won't stay with it. Will maybe give ep 3 a try to finally decide - or not.

Is it just me that thinks Yul Bryner made the part his and anyone else can only be a disappointment - sorry Ed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    If I'm not mistaken we got another brief glimpse of Charlotte in period costume in episode 3 during the flashback to park c. Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by alas58 View Post
    Really wanting it to be good but took me a week to get round to watching episode 2 so probably won't stay with it. Will maybe give ep 3 a try to finally decide - or not.

Is it just me that thinks Yul Bryner made the part his and anyone else can only be a disappointment - sorry Ed.
    I think you have it wrong. The man in black isn't Yuls character. He is a guest, not a robot, hence why he didn't get shot in episode one.

Mark

Craftsman
    Am I alone in thinking all is not as it seems and some of these robots are not actually robots?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Am I alone in thinking all is not as it seems and some of these robots are not actually robots?
    If you can't tell the difference, does it matter?

Master
    Its keeping me on the line. Enjoyed ep 3. The question is.... Did Hopkins mysterious partner really die? Loved the CGI to create a young Hopkins in the flashback.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It's slow but the plot is building up nicely now. I'm looking forward to episode 4.

The Maze...........................

https://youtu.be/p2r0OU4dv3I

Master
    You just know Arnold's going to pop up somewhere, Dr. Ford didn't have much conviction at all when he said that his former partner was, apparently, dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    You just know Arnold's going to pop up somewhere, Dr. Ford didn't have much conviction at all when he said that his former partner was, apparently, dead.

This series re-defines the phrase 'slow burning' hope it improves and don't just concentrate on the Western bit ???

Master
    Only just watched the 3rd episode tonight. Tells me a lot really. If it was GOT, Mad Men et al I'd have watched it on the night . . . . . Will try the 4th but losing interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Only just watched the 3rd episode tonight. Tells me a lot really. If it was GOT, Mad Men et al I'd have watched it on the night . . . . . Will try the 4th but losing interest.
    The thing is the movie was self contained and comparatively brief.... it will be more in depth and slower paced otherwise they may as well have just done a one off tv movie with newer effects....

They could go too far as for example I feel Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were too drawn out (not just a factor of binge watching as DD I think was just right on both series) likewise I'm finding Blind spot less enjoyable now too as its dragging out the story too far...

Westworld though for moment I'm enjoying it - if not there's a lot of other stuff to watch out there online instead.... and its better than most terrestrial TV like dead enders , x factor what have you

I'm still enjoying Westworld after three episodes, although the pacing is slow as molasses. I'm struggling to understand how each new 'revelation' fits with the other pieces of the puzzle.

Journeyman
    Well episode 4 last night, to be honest I agree with some on here that its a bit underwhelming. I can understand the need to develop the plot and characters but I really do hope it doesn't turn out like Lost and drag on for too long. I did read somewhere that 5 series are planned not sure how reliable that information is.

Yeah, it has slowed but I have high hopes for it and I got to see whats in the maze. I wonder if Roman world or Medieval world will get a show?

Anyway I got the hots for the snake bird now......................................

Westworld

Is she the same that rides into town and starts shooting everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Is she the same that rides into town and starts shooting everybody?
    That is another bird, mind you she is hot as well........................

Master
    That is another bird, mind you she is hot as well........................
    It's the same woman isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    It's the same woman isn't it?
    Well I thought not but my other half says it is............................

Going to have to watch 4 again.

The blond 'snake girl' is the character "Armistice," played by Ingrid Bolsø Berdal.

Master
    It is indeed the same girl.

I'm really enjoying this now. Getting very intriguing. The slow pace appeals to me.

Red face I think I'm enjoying it so far, although it is definitely 'slow-burn'...

...but I hope the hosts don't leave it until the last episode of this first season to start wreaking havoc on the guests in a frenzy of vengeful blood-letting.

Can't wait!! :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    ...but I hope the hosts don't leave it until the last episode of this first season to start wreaking havoc on the guests in a frenzy of vengeful blood-letting.

Can't wait!! :)
    I'm happy for that to stretch into the second season.... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    I think you have it wrong. The man in black isn't Yuls character. He is a guest, not a robot, hence why he didn't get shot in episode one.

Mark
    I've had a bit of a running argument with my wife (who hasn't seen the original movie) about this, and I suspect (unfortunately) that I'm wrong. I've assumed he's a robot (like Yul) who thinks he's real - partly because he appeared to be impervious to bullets in the first episode (I assumed it would be like the film, where IIRC the gun wouldn't fire on guests). It did look like he was shot, but wasn't hurt. Admittedly they have since said "you can't be killed, but it doesn't mean you can't be hurt" (or similar)

This week's episode pointed pretty much at him being a guest (unless it's a twist).

Red face Ed Harris' character is definitely a guest...

He's been going to Westworld for 30 years and it has more meaning to him than the 'real' world. He's now trying (quite ruthlessly) to unlock the secret of 'the maze' that's he's been hearing about over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat View Post
    I've had a bit of a running argument with my wife (who hasn't seen the original movie) about this, and I suspect (unfortunately) that I'm wrong. I've assumed he's a robot (like Yul) who thinks he's real - partly because he appeared to be impervious to bullets in the first episode (I assumed it would be like the film, where IIRC the gun wouldn't fire on guests). It did look like he was shot, but wasn't hurt. Admittedly they have since said "you can't be killed, but it doesn't mean you can't be hurt" (or similar)

This week's episode pointed pretty much at him being a guest (unless it's a twist).

Master
    I think "The man in black" is actually Dolores alter ego. Its actually Dolores doing all the stuff we see him doing.

Also I can't get enough of Thandie Newton naked or in her frillies.

Well I thought not but my other half says it is............................

Going to have to watch 4 again.
    Yup, I need to pay attention, its the same girl. I watched each episode twice now, love it..........................

What if the man in black is Arnold? Trying to find a way out?

There was a picture of that Thandie Newton on the net sitting on top of the safe having a smoke from episode 4 but I lost it!
    These will have to do for now. Roll on next Tuesday.

Master
    I'm wondering if Bernard is a robot.....

Got half way through episode 4 yesterday eveming and fell asleep. Thinking of watching the rest now but can't for the life of me remember what happened in the first half!? 😐

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Great use of The Cure's A Forest in Ep 4.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I'm wondering if Bernard is a robot.....

I have been thinking the same - very weird manner about him

Banned
    Blog Entries
    a wee teaser for you from Episode 5, Delores in cords and a shirt....

Master
    This is getting better with each episode. Reappearance of little boy.

Master
    Ok, I admit it, I'm starting to get a little lost with this now. There are so many sub plots that I'm struggling to keep up.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode but who is the wee boy and who put the tracer in the psychotic 'bot?

Cheers,
    Adam.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    Really enjoyed tonight's episode but who is the wee boy and who put the tracer in the psychotic 'bot?

Cheers,
    Adam.
    I think the wee boy is Hopkins as a bot. That's why he soon appeared in the saloon with Harris. The suggestion is some corporate espionage. The guy with the beard suggested his company was planning a takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    I think "The man in black" is actually Dolores alter ego. Its actually Dolores doing all the stuff we see him doing.

Also I can't get enough of Thandie Newton naked or in her frillies.
    Have they existed in the same scene together?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Have they existed in the same scene together?
    When he dragged her into the barn in episode one and a when she dropped something at her horse and he retrieved it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    When he dragged her into the barn in episode one and a when she dropped something at her horse and he retrieved it.
    Hmmm...perhaps those were actually her subconscious coming to grips with the dichotomous feelings she had. Both the Man in Black and Delores are the only 'residents' of Westworld who have been there since the beginning, 35 years ago.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Bernard didn't really feature in the latest episode, considering his screen time to date...?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyc319 View Post
    Did anyone else think it was weird that Bernard didn't really feature in the latest episode, considering his screen time to date...?
    Didn't even think about it. It's the same in Game Of Thrones were you can have a whole episode without an appearance of one of the main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Didn't even think about it. It's the same in Game Of Thrones were you can have a whole episode without an appearance of one of the main characters.
    I don't remember seeing the Westworld manager, "Theresa," either.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    here is my take on man in black, I think he is in fact a host, with special privileges, and that he has been sent on a mission by Dr Robert Ford to find the centre of the maze left behind by Arnold,

I think he has been searching on behalf of Ford for many years, but has of course been unsuccessful, time will tell the result.

Delores is another enigma, I suspect she is either Ford's dead wife/lover or daughter, leaning towards Arnolds Wife who was having an affair with Ford.
    I will back this up with info that comes to light in episode 5 (save spoiler)

the little boy is definitely Ford as a younger boy,

lastly, I have a theory that every single character who is not a 'guest' is in fact a robot, working within a system, making it self sufficient, the basis of this is the reference about Ford 'not ageing a bit' by man in black in Episode 5,

one last thing stolen a bit from the net, Bernard Lowe, is in fact a robot version of Arnold, Bernard Lowe is an anagram of Arnold Weber.............

who I believe doesnt look like the original Arnold, but is cloned/programmed to think like him, remember he has lost a child, could Delores be his Daughter?

time will tell.
    Last edited by soundood; 2nd November 2016 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    It's slow but the plot is building up nicely now. I'm looking forward to episode 4.
    Plot? What plot? There's a premise about robots becoming self-aware but it hasn't really moved beyond that. A plot would involved something happening as a result.