closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Little details...

Blog Entries

Little details...

...I should have noticed.

I've had this watch for about 12 months & today I thought I'd try to take some macro shots of the lovely dial & brushed finish on the hands.

So far, so good - that's what I expected to see. So I angle it a bit & zoom out to show lovely angular case & the how the shaped crystal distorts...

Hello - There's a star on the dial - directly underneath the tab of the chrono second hand...

Yup - there it is - a star I didn't even know was there - revealed after 12 months of ownership.

I must confess - I never use the chrono function - maybe if I had done so I would've found it sooner

z
    Last edited by zelig; 29th August 2016 at 14:53.

Are you freaking kidding me ? It's a Zenith !

How did you not use the chrono since buying it ? At least for testing...

Blog Entries
    My old Zenith didn't have one...

So I didn't expect to find one on this one

z

I've gained an interest in Zenith chronographs since buying my "Big Blue", and that's a lovely example.

You do have some very nice watches. This Zenith and your Grand Seiko would make a perfect two watch collection. Of course, we all know that there's no such thing as a two watch collection, but if there was...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post

You do have some very nice watches. This Zenith and your Grand Seiko would make a perfect two watch collection.
    Of course, we all know that there's no such thing as a two watch collection, but if there was...
    I don't think I'll ever get to 2... As I already have 3 or 4 keepers.
    Although I have been reducing the collection & I'm now down to the target of 6 - as I have 6 slots in the watch box.
    (home builds don't count - as they live outside the box )

z

Beside the fact you haven't tested the functioning of the chrono, you are owning the first ever automatic CHRONOGRAPH! and you never use the chrono function? Really?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    Beside the fact you haven't tested the functioning of the chrono, you are owning the first ever automatic CHRONOGRAPH! and you never use the chrono function? Really?
    Yes. Really. Hence the post

I also have a 300m diver but never test it beyond a few meters in the pool or sea.

z

Fair enough, I also had Helium divers which never went below surface swimming....

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-T230 eszközömről

Great shots and lovely watch. I've got the same one but the rose gold version. The finishes on the case really are something else, brushed, polished and star burst.

Weirdly I use the chrono function all the time!

Master
    "... brushed finish on the hands"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    "... brushed finish on the hands"?
    Yup - just about visible on this zoomed in & cropped shot. Hours, Minutes & subdial hands all have a brushed finish...

z

I bought a similar 'ladies' model for my better half with the white dial:

http://www.gemnation.com/images/watc...02.C510_SM.jpg

It was second-hand and I thought there an issue with the bent tip of the chrono second hand and even thought about a service but now it looks like it is that by design (perhaps a curved inside to the crystal). So your macro shots have made me happy OP!

They are great watches even if she rarely uses the chrono either, and yes, I do bang on about the El Primero movement. To be fair she is a bit of a WIS with a Cartier Ballon Bleu, Rolex Datejust but the Zenith gets all the wear.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    I have one of these. I love the delightful colour choices for the dial and of course the butter smooth movement of the chrono hand

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Craftsman

z

I've never been that interested in chronos (not since the accurist I got from Argos in the early 90s) but this one looks interesting... Is it still available or is another 'hard to find' gem that I'm never realistically going to get hold of?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ukmidnite View Post
    I've never been that interested in chronos (not since the accurist I got from Argos in the early 90s) but this one looks interesting... Is it still available or is another 'hard to find' gem that I'm never realistically going to get hold of?
    No longer produced and pretty scarce these days - but not impossible to find.

Be warned though - if you buy one that needs work - the servicing at LVMH can be pricey.
    (& independents cannot get the parts easily - so you may be forced to go to LVMH)

z

Master

Be warned though - if you buy one that needs work - the servicing at LVMH can be pricey.

z
    Ł520 including VAT (which is 20% cheaper than at least one authorised independent).

Master

(& independents cannot get the parts easily - so you may be forced to go to LVMH)

z
    When looking for one make sure that everything is in working order. Also check if the date change is working properly. The earlier tritium models had a date change Spring which was prone to fracturing/braking. This was later redesigned and can be replaced.
    I got mine almost a year ago and that particular part needed replacing. During servicing the flyback lever was also replaced.
    Also keep in mind that the bezels are very photo-reactive and tend to acquire the ghost look very early on. I believe that the bright coloured bezels are later service replacements. Finding a tritium dial with the original bezel and the lume pip still in place is always a bonus!
    The tritium on mine was already started developing a very nice patina!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk