closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex GMT 116713LN GMTC Gold and Steel....

Rolex GMT 116713LN GMTC Gold and Steel....

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this model as I'm tempted to get one. Seeing those lovely two tone submariners on SC has reminded me how much I used to like the two tone Submariner - but that was nearly 20 years ago and I've not considered a two tone watch since.
    I already own too many dive watches and would like a watch with a GMT function and when I tried on the 116713 yesterday I was surprised just how good it looks, so any thoughts particularly from owners would be appreciated.

Picture from Rolex official website - this one.
    Last edited by shalako; 27th December 2016 at 18:50.

Master
    Great watch and available with inexplicable saving when compared with equivalent Submariner 116613.

Service work requiring parts really requires return to Rolex, so don't underestimate the true cost that a scratched / chipped glass or grazed crown will incur, when added to an obligatory full service.

Beware wear / damage to the triangle of the bezel insert. While it is recessed, it's sand-blasted finish is easily rubbed, scratched or otherwise marked and this is a devil to remedy afterwards.

Buy well and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Haywood

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can confirm that servicing work is definitely back to Rolex as my 116710Ln has just arrived back from RUK having undergone a full refurb.

Master
    I've just moved mine on in preparation for something new.
    It spent almost all of its short time with me in the safe but it always felt great when the occasion arose to wear it.
    As others have said, for some reason it never holds its value as well as a TT Sub but in my eyes it's a nicer looking watch with the more going on around the bezel, along with the GMT hand to add more interest.

Im sure you won't regret it should you decide on one.

Master
    One of the most comfortable TT watches you will ever wear, it wears better then the TT subC IMHO. It is a lovely and understated watch and I really enjoyed mine and wore it everywhere. Price is a lot now when you consider , I got mine BNIB from a grey dealer for £3400 back in 2007.

Simon
    Last edited by shoppy; 12th March 2017 at 22:42.

I tend to wear mine for dress, I tried it as a daily but found it just a bit too blingy!

Really nice watch, the PCLs scratch extremely easily - but that's par for the course with any Rolex on an oyster bracelet with PCLs (especially yellow gold ones!)

There are some good savings available from grey dealers versus the high street RRP, which is currently £8,650. My old man is mithering to borrow this watch on a "long term loan" because he really likes it - I'm close to giving in.

I saw one of these come back from a Rolex service, all stickered up, and it looked brand new. For this reason I don't lose any sleep over scratches or little dings, because at its first service Rolex should have it looking like new again!

Master
    Really like it, what size is it?

Master
    Same size as the SubC, 40mm with maxi case.

Probably the only TT I'd wear. Wish I'd got one back in 2007 for £3.5k-ish!

Apprentice
    Great looking two tone watch on the wrist! They seem pricey in AD's now to me although a friend of mine picked up an excellent condition 2015 model with full B&P for around £6500 if that's helpful. Grey dealers seem to get them now & again in London too.

These can be had at 20%+ off BNIB and that's a great price at around £6.8k. Lovely watches IMHO this and the 2 tone/rhodium duiam with green Romans Datejust 2 are the nicest 2 tones around, 2nd only to the 2 tone Anonimo Polluce of 10 or so years ago

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 21st August 2016 at 13:22.

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I expected a lot more negative comments as I know two tone watches normally don't get that much love on here. I can get one at the airport when I fly out to New York therefore it would be £7200 which is 53% less that the retail of this watch in the US apparently - hence why Its so tempting..... They didn't have any interesting steel models and a few bi-colour Daytona's which I looked at although they didn't appeal.
    I also really like the new YM everose Gold too but sadly they didn't have one of those.
    Last edited by shalako; 21st August 2016 at 13:56.

Master
    53%? That would make it about £4,000 against RRP, unless retail is the US is about £15,000!

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    53%? That would make it about £4,000 against RRP, unless retail is the US is about £15,000!
    That was what the lady in the shop told me..... not sure how she arrived at that figure either!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not a TT fan at all but that one is def one of the nicer ones

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    That was what the lady in the shop told me..... not sure how she arrived at that figure either!

Maths cannot be her strong suit!!!

Was this M&W at Terminal 3?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    These can be had at 20%+ off BNIB and that's a great price at around £6.8k.
    Presumably that's if you have an existing relationship with the grey importer/AD Ryan? A quick online search suggests the price BNIB price is around the £7600-£7800 mark from grey importers.

£6800 would be a really good price IMHO.

Master
    Where are unworn ones available at 20% off UK RRP at the moment?

Haywood

I did actually pickup one of these in the end and it's become my daily wearer, the Gold has a warmth to it and it's a look that grows on you, I know there isn't a lot of love for TT watches on here but I'm really enjoying this one.....

Journeyman
    Great watch you got there picked one up for my wife in January this year for £6500 brand new 2016 model and I have a 2015 steel GMTIIc best watches Rolex make the now IMO

Master
    I'm tempted Steve, that looks superb.

My 116710 needs to be sorted after dropping it at Munich airport so I might get rid altogether and look at one of these

I do prefer this model in steel, but I'm coming round to gold a lot more (just bought a bi-metal watch today myself), although I do have a slight preference for the newer blue dial bi-metal sub to the GMT.

I still happily wear that though - the gold suits the maxi case very well.
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    It's a real beauty. No brainer, get one
    He just has! (#19)🙄

Master
    I like it, I used to be in the ANTI TT camp but my partner recently pointed out how she thought the TTs were nice and I am now taking a 2nd look at these. Very nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    the gold suits the maxi case very well.
    ^^this.

I think it's an age thing though; we grow in to gold/TT as we get older.

When I tried to sell a flawless one of these on here, just back from a Rolex service all I got was messages telling me it was too expensive. Sold it to a local dealer for £200 less than I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I did actually pickup one of these in the end and it's become my daily wearer, the Gold has a warmth to it and it's a look that grows on you, I know there isn't a lot of love for TT watches on here but I'm really enjoying this one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    ^^this.

Good on you Steve and having just picked up both TT Sub's I'm inclined to agree obviously!!

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Good on you Steve and having just picked up both TT Sub's I'm inclined to agree obviously!!
    Thanks, always loved the TT Sub's, will hopefully pick up a Bluesy sometime....

Master
    I may be wrong but personally I feel TT sometimes gets a bit of a bad press, which is totally unjustified, as I would say any that I've seen worn on the wrist Always look fantastic.

I'd say if you can buy for the right price then definitely go for it

Journeyman
    I'm going to derail this thread rather than start a new one. I'm keen on trading my 116710 for a 13, what's the consensus on the best way to go about this? Watchfinder and C24 seem to be in the £7k range which would seem contrary to the theory of heavy discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    ^^this.

^^ And this. I used to scoff at my Dad's choice of a gold day date and whilst I wouldn't quite go that far yet, strangely I have been looking very closely at this very model over the last week as a way of a getting something different to a regular Sub/GMT.

I guess the BLNR kind of covers that but then every buggers got one of them! If Ryan really can source them for £6800 there could be a lots of PM's heading that way very soon! ;-)