closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC Hamilton mil watch rolex gmt heads up in Banbury

Banned

CWC Hamilton mil watch rolex gmt heads up in Banbury

I was in Banbury today

come out of the m and s entrance from the food hall and there's a little watch shop on the left.

He had lots of CWC, Hamilton and other mil watches,plus a very old Rolex gmt which I am sure will appeal to the Rolex types on here.

He also told me he knew of an old sbs type with a milsub that was issued to him in the town.

I think he was a bit mixed up with CWC models and values,but I don't class myself as an expert.

No pics as I had left my phone under my motorcycle seat.

Be worth a look if you are in the area, there's another big jewellers around the corner as well.
    though last time I went he had been raided the day before.

Craftsman
    I know the place, I've popped in a couple of times but never bought anything from him. He does have some interesting vintage pieces but the condition tends to be poor and prices are high, so I've always passed. Some time back I was interested in a CWC chronograph that he claimed was military issued, but the consensus on here (http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...nograph-issued) was that it wasn't! Needless to say it's still in the window.

He does have a 1969 GMT Master in the window but the label says "Not for sale" - wonder if it's on hold for someone on here?

Banned
    no he said the GMT was the owners and worth £18,000 [least I think he said that].

I thought he was wrong with one he said was RAAF, but didn't correct him as I wasn't sure of the facts.

he also has a Precista diver but I had the impression he thinks its worth way more than it is.

he wasn't that knowledgeable about military matters, he was wearing a Rolex Deepsea is it? with a black going up to blue dial.

still prices aside its a very interesting collection.

Banned
    I just clicked your link, I wrote the above about the RAAF before I saw it.

Craftsman
    Yes, I guessed you had. It's a nice watch (I was quite keen on it) but the price is too high if not really RAAF.

I'll keep looking from time to time, as you say, there are some interesting watches, especially some of the older ones.

Which shop is it fellas?

Craftsman
    Time Square in the Castle Quay shopping centre.