closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Rubber Strap question

Master

Breitling Rubber Strap question

I know the Breitling brand isn't the most popular on this forum or anywhere else come to that, but I was wondering if anyone knows if the Ocean Racer Strap is better in hotter weather than let's say the Pro 2 and 3 due to the grooved pattern on the inside of the Strap similar to the Pro 1 ?

I find in hot weather my pro 3 Rubber Strap makes my Wrists quite sweaty and wearing my Chronomat on Leather is better but that's probably because the sweat gets absorbed into the Leather and smells after a while!

I did toy with the idea of buying a Pilot Bracelet for it but the silly £1100 RRP put me off, I was just wondering if there was any other Breitling wearers our there that could offer any advice on alternative OE Straps for my B01 Chronomat 44?? are those Rubber Straps with the grooved pattern better than that of the smooth types??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a one of the smooth variations, but the Ocean Racer is fantastic and very comfortable, even in hot weather. It also has a very nice fine adjustment built into the deployant, which is great in the summer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Never had a one of the smooth variations, but the Ocean Racer is fantastic and very comfortable, even in hot weather. It also has a very nice fine adjustment built into the deployant, which is great in the summer.
    Thanks for the reply Raffe, and the Ocean Racer on deployment was what I had in mind, my pro 3 has a tang buckle, some people sweat very easy but I'm not one of those type, it's purely down to the Strap not allowing my Skin to breath I think, and my logic reckons those grooves must help!

Master
    I wear one on my SOH sometimes but it doesnt feel any different to the Pro 2 i sometimes wear on my seawolf.

Master
    I think I might hold out and see if any Ocean Racer Deployments come up for sale second hand, if memory serves me correct they are quite costly new, nothing like the Bracelet though!

Have you seen the new Ocean Racer II, Matt?

It's grooved on the inside, like the original, but comes on Tang Buckle, so a lot cheaper than the deployant.

The deployant is superb of course, with a Glidelock like micro adjust, but this second version (Breitling 227S, in 22mm is the one you need for your FF) could be a quicker and cheaper fix for you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Have you seen the new Ocean Racer II, Matt?

It's grooved on the inside, like the original, but comes on Tang Buckle, so a lot cheaper than the deployant.

The deployant is superb of course, with a Glidelock like micro adjust, but this second version (Breitling 227S, in 22mm is the one you need for your FF) could be a quicker and cheaper fix for you
    Cheers for the heads up on this Ross I hadn't seen the Ocean Racer 11 before, it's certainly worth considering!

If memory serves me right I got quoted £275 for a Rubber/Deployment variation and that was with a discount, where as I thing the Tang Straps retail for around £90

Master
    Your a star Ross, just ordered the Strap only from the local Breitling AD, the Strap was £50 and I will just use the Buckle from the Pro 3 as the Buckles are £60 alone, that's £20 more than the Leather Tang.

Thanks
    Matt

Sounds like a result, Matt.

I am slightly worried that they've given you Rubber only at £50, which just so happens to be the RRP of the Ocean Racer Rubber parts for the deployant clasp...

I'm sure it'll be fine though, as long as they know it was the 227S you were after, it's all good

Master

Breitling Rubber Strap question

Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post
    Sounds like a result, Matt.

I am slightly worried that they've given you Rubber only at £50, which just so happens to be the RRP of the Ocean Racer Rubber parts for the deployant clasp...

I'm sure it'll be fine though, as long as they know it was the 227S you were after, it's all good
    Yes i was only after the Rubber part Ross as I have the brushed buckle from my other Rubber Strap, it it was clear in the conversation that it's for the pin buckle and not the deployment