closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Planet ocean crown issue

Planet ocean crown issue

So got up this morning, went to change watches to my xl planet ocean. Unscrewed the crown and pulled it to set the time, all went well, then it stopped turning the hands and came away in my hands
    I can put it back together and it sets the time backward but as soon as I move it forward it unscrews and comes away in my hand

Is this an AD visit?

Master
    When I read the title of the thread, I thought "not another LE, this time for the Queen!!"

Having seen the picture, could be an AD visit or some Loctite threadlock, depending on how steady your hand is.

Had the same issue on an old Seiko 5, as it cost 'nothing' I gave it the Loctite treatment, worked fine ever since

Craftsman
    If it was my watch, I'd be happier for a watch maker to remove the stem and secure the crown properly by gripping the stem. I don't think you could achieve the correct torque as there wouldn't be enough resistance in the movement to stop the stem from rotating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Is this an AD visit?
    Prepare to be raped.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Prepare to be raped.
    useful as always

Prepare to be raped.
    Let's hope you mean financially.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    Let's hope you mean financially.
    I certainly hope so.

It's a month out of warranty!!! Damn it

If it's only a month I think I'd try my luck with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chance your arm with a sympathetic warranty as a partial service is not cheap at the OB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As it is only a month out of Warranty, I would personally contact Omega Service direct.
    I think it would be very reasonable to expect them to fix it free for you.

Grand Master
    If the crown has become unscrewed from the stem, that's down to an error in assembly and I'm amazed it's taken so long to come loose. There's no way that mishandling the watch can cause this......I can't think of one!

Trying to fix this with the stem in the watch ( as suggested) isn't advisable, you simply can't get the crown to tighten onto the stem. Relying on loctite or anything similar isn't wise.

Omega should be prepared to sort is of goodwill basis. If not, it should be straightforward job for any repairer. However, if the threads are damaged on either the crown or stem (or both) it'll need a replacements. As Swatch group won't supply Omega parts to wholesalers getting the parts could be a problem and the watch will have to go to an accredited repairer who can get the parts.

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 11th August 2016 at 09:15.

Apprentice
    In my dealings with Omega/Swatch Group, they were quite flexible with the maintenance of my Seamaster, just outside of warranty. Give their Customer Care team a ring on 0845 8990086, they can send a prepaid postage pack to you also if that helps.

Hope they are of some support to you

It's a month out of warranty!!! Damn it
    If it's a month out of warranty I would make Omega fix the watch. It's not acceptable amount of time in my opinion it should not have broke as easy as that.

I had a Breitling avenger black steel 3 years out of warranty and they put a new case and service and crown.
    Goods should last 5 years used within normal use is classed as an acceptable amount of time. Write to Omega and explain that you want if fixing and they have 14 day to come up with a resolution or you will proceed to the county courts. I doubt they will go to court and say fix for free.

Sent from my SM-A5100 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    If it's a month out of warranty I would make Omega fix the watch. It's not acceptable amount of time in my opinion it should not have broke as easy as that.

I had a Breitling avenger black steel 3 years out of warranty and they put a new case and service and crown.
    Goods should last 5 years used within normal use is classed as an acceptable amount of time. Write to Omega and explain that you want if fixing and they have 14 day to come up with a resolution or you will proceed to the county courts. I doubt they will go to court and say fix for free.

One month out of warranty, I'm pretty sure Omega would honour it, but if they didn't how would you make them fix it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    One month out of warranty, I'm pretty sure Omega would honour it, but if they didn't how would you make them fix it?
    By jumping up and down and ranting and raving maybe?

Like I said in the message it's not acceptable amount of time of having the watch it has broken. Write in that your disappointed and want it fixing give them 14 days to respond with a resolution.

No reply then proceed to small claims all done online £80, they wont go to court they will resolve the matter never been to court yet.

But you after write a letter give them the opportunity to remedy the matter in the event you did go to court which I doubt you will, the judge at least see,s you tried to resolve without going to court.

Consumer rights was made simpler last year goods must last 6 years from date of purchase with in normal use or you entitled to some money back or repair. Hence why all watch brands do 5 year warranty these days also most goods now carry 5 year warranty.

Last edited by bokbok; 11th August 2016 at 10:09.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by moonman100 View Post
    In my dealings with Omega/Swatch Group, they were quite flexible with the maintenance of my Seamaster, just outside of warranty. Give their Customer Care team a ring on 0845 8990086, they can send a prepaid postage pack to you also if that helps.

Hope they are of some support to you
    Just the sort of advice that the OP needed.

Prepare to be raped.
    Not exactly the response the OP would have expected.

Its a sorry fact that the worthwhile response comes from a member who has less than 10 posts, the other from a member close to 3k.

Master
    It's an even sorrier fact that there's a member ready, waiting in the wings, to judge others on their responses with that hint of irony as they've not contributed to the thread OP at all

Master
    Like I said in the message it's not acceptable amount of time of having the watch it has broken. Write in that your disappointed and want it fixing give them 14 days to respond with a resolution.

No reply then proceed to small claims all done online £80, they wont go to court they will resolve the matter never been to court yet.

But you after write a letter give them the opportunity to remedy the matter in the event you did go to court which I doubt you will, the judge at least see,s you tried to resolve without going to court.

Consumer rights was made simpler last year goods must last 6 years from date of purchase with in normal use or you entitled to some money back or repair. Hence why all watch brands do 5 year warranty these days also most goods now carry 5 year warranty.

Well that escalated quickly. As others have stated, I have always found Omega very reasonable when dealing with issues. My approach would be to give them a call and have a chat with them and I'd be surprised if they didn't sort it out for you under "goodwill".

Master
    Hence why all watch brands do 5 year warranty these days also most goods now carry 5 year warranty.
    All watch brands do 5 year warranty, really?

The one's I've bought in the last year
    Omega = 4 years
    Panerai = 2 years
    The one brand I've bought in the last 12 months with a 5 year warranty was a Rolex

All watch brands do 5 year warranty, really?

The one's I've bought in the last year
    Omega = 4 years
    Panerai = 2 years
    The one brand I've bought in the last 12 months with a 5 year warranty was a Rolex
    Actually your right there not all 5 year I thought Omega was 5 year for some reason, breitling is 5 on certain movements. It makes no difference it still has to last 5 years within normal use which I sure yours was. I would still try call them first and see what they say.

But I would not be paying to fix the watch.

Planet ocean crown issue

Well it's winging its way to the omega service centre as we speak - we will see

Well it's winging its way to the omega service centre as we speak - we will see
    They should be fine you never know these days penny pinching lol