Looking for some advice, heres the story....

Im owed approx 500 quid by someone who is struggling to repay me due to job loss. Knowing I'm a Bond fan he has offered me a vintage Breitling Top Time 2002 (the model used and modded in the film Thunderball as a geiger counter, this prop watch was recently rediscovered and auctioned).

The offer is I give him 300 quid to call the debt quits, therefore essentially this deal would cost me £800. Now firstly the 500 owed to me has been a long time coming therefore although not forgotten I kind of written it off. As a Bond fan I have looked at this vintage model a few times in the past just to admire however as I'm simply a modern Omega / Rolex owner I admit I have never owned a vintage watch and never owned a breitling. I honestly have no idea if this watch can be further restored into better condition as a cool project.

The owner is no watch expert whatsoever - however a big Bond fan (Thunderball his favourite film) hence the ownership.

Is anybody able to give me some info from the pictures with regards to opinion on condition, realistic restorability options and if its even worth a punt as a project?

As the current owner is no watch expert - here is all the info I have:

He simply picked it up years ago from a shop and had it serviced by a independent watch shop 4 years ago and tells me all works including the subdials.
Confirmed it has the Valjoux 7730 manual wind movement
The hands look original to me (comparing other online pics of this model) however like I say I'm no expert
No papers, just a Breitling Travelbox (presume modern), strap not original therefore presume Buckle isn't either.

The watch is in the UK (currently I'm not) so I have been sent the following pictures:

Here is the actual Bond prop shown next to a restored original: