closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spelling mistake in veterans' limited edition watches cost £15,000 to correct

Journeyman

Spelling mistake in veterans' limited edition watches cost £15,000 to correct

Saw this and thought it may be of some interest, I wasn't aware Bretling offered this service, it would be very cool to have done a noteworthy job that would warrant having a custom logo watch, it would be ineherantly naff to wear one if you had not been in the military.

Also the dealer seems like a decent bloke as he has picked up the tab for the mistake

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...yD5M62HRWQm.97

Bad job Breitling. Way to suck @ customer support. You've done a mistake yet the customer has to pay for it...

Master
    Great gesture from The AD though!

It is quite likely that Breitling made the initial mistake. But they then sent the proofs to someone for approval. Those proofs had the mistake and it was not detected. Whether they sent it to the jeweller or the organising soldier, the fault is with him. Good customer service doesn't mean picking up the tab for your customers' mistakes. The fact that the organiser did is indeed a good gesture but 1) it could have been his mistake and 2) even if it wasn't not doing it would have been a disaster as his reputation would have been shot for subsequent orders. Breitling did not have this dilemma.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

'In a Facebook post, he said: “Throughout the email traffic, it has always been spelt correctly and is also spelt correctly on our official poster".'

ie he didn't proof-read the dial

Master
    Not calling Andrew Michaels at all. Great jeweller; very friendly with great service. However, the fact that they won't point the finger does suggest at least some blame on their part. Also, "okay so the profit's been wiped out" sounds doubtful as at £3k for that particular model, it's unlikely there isn't an awful lot of profit in there; they're a business at the end of the day.

Nice to see it got resolved in the end though. I'd have kept mine with the spelling mistake as it's a better story when someone admires it

Master
    Pretty cool watch tho. Andrew Michaels, solid.

Sounds fairly similar to the situation with eddies new flieger. Considering the costs involved you would think people would check these things more carefully.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Saw this and thought it may be of some interest, I wasn't aware Bretling offered this service, it would be very cool to have done a noteworthy job that would warrant having a custom logo watch, it would be ineherantly naff to wear one if you had not been in the military.

Also the dealer seems like a decent bloke as he has picked up the tab for the mistake

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...yD5M62HRWQm.97
    Do you mean Breitling? Easy done a typo. Good article and yes decent the bill being picked up by probably the innocent party.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk