closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PP 5711

Master

PP 5711

Guys

I am sitting in a jeweller with a brand new 5711 in front of me, white dial. It is available at full € retail.

Do i buy it?

Craftsman
    If you prefer the white dial to the blue, then go for it. If not, wait for the blue.
    Last edited by groyn; 29th July 2016 at 12:42. Reason: typo

If you went in there for it, yes!

If you want the blue, dial, then no. Although PP will swap it as part of a service...

Yes you should buy it. There is a 10% or so price increase next week.

Craftsman
    What is the retail now on the 5711?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    What is the retail now on the 5711?
    About £16.5k before the increase.

Master
    Retail €23100.00

So basically price of UK after increase

Craftsman
    23000 euro is about 19.5k then some fee if your changing from pounds to euro,if they £16.5k now thats about 3k over the uk list,thats a big chunk,is it from a grey dealer?

23000 euro is about 19.5k then some fee if your changing from pounds to euro,if they £16.5k now thats about 3k over the uk list,thats a big chunk,is it from a grey dealer?
    I was speaking to someone yesterday who was offered £21k for a blue faced one from a dealer and that would probably go up to £25k when listed. Boodles confirmed the current RRP last week, but as their waiting list was closed the RRP is meaningless. It really is a case of pay what you are happy with.

Master

Unopened fresh from Patek AD

But i tend to agree that even aftr the 10% increase it still seems a litle too much, of course the big draw is the fact that it is there and i could have it now.

If it was a blue dial I'd say yes but it's over-priced for a white dial. There's nothing concrete that there will be a price increase next week nor of how much so I certainly wouldn't rush into it even though it's likely there is one on the cards at some point over the next few weeks/months.

I've seen the white dial a few times in AD windows over the years, it just isn't that popular compared to the white.

Personnaly i prefer the white, but then its not me buying it, as said if its what you want, then go for it, if you want a blue, then why buy it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post
    Unopened fresh from Patek AD

But i tend to agree that even aftr the 10% increase it still seems a litle too much, of course the big draw is the fact that it is there and i could have it now.
    If its what you really want then take it,its always better to have new from a AD.

Master
    If it's the Blue you want and you're tempted because you've been offered one ( because it's white ) in my opinion don't do it wait and get the blue .

Also if and you sound like it you're not sure , the white will not hold residual and be an easy sale , if you really want the White then that's a different story but to be honest it doesn't sound that way otherwise I don't think you'd have made this post .

It would have been pics !

Master
    White 5711s are not as popular or sought after, so pointless paying over list for – fairly easy to obtain in other parts of the world.
    With the new 40th Anniversary launch in October, I’d definitely be holding off until then – you’ll still be able to pick up a white one, if you just had to have a 5711 of any colour.

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphil...-id4579333.htm
    https://www.chrono24.co.uk/patekphil...-id4618549.htm

Seriously – £4K just for a different dial colour?
    Whilst Patek will change the dial, only 2 years after purchase, the Origins Certificate will not be reissued to match – so you’d have to explain and show potential buyers why there’s a discrepancy between it and the watch.
    However, I’ve a figure of $2-2.5K in my head, as to what you’ll have to pay for the dial exchange.

This^

Craftsman
    If you like it buy it. I would love to have that watch budget-good on you.

Master
    Guys

Thanks for all the words of wisdom, i went and had lunch and have decided not to do it, the persepctives above on the white dial put my mind at rest.

As it happens they were able to show me both the blue and white dial, the blue was unfortunately sold.

With regards to the price increase the guy did read me the email and it looks like there will be a UK increase next week of approx. 10%, but as said there still would be a + cost on the Euro retail even with that taken into account.

Craftsman
    Has it been confirmed that there is a new 5711 coming in October or are people just assuming because it's the 40th Anniversary that there will be one?

Also if they do release a new 5711 will they make very minor changes ala the Royal Oak 15202st 40th Anniversary and also keep the model number?

Master

Got to be blue ...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CVByrne View Post
    Has it been confirmed that there is a new 5711 coming in October or are people just assuming because it's the 40th Anniversary that there will be one?

Also if they do release a new 5711 will they make very minor changes ala the Royal Oak 15202st 40th Anniversary and also keep the model number?
    There is a new nautilus model or possibly models, no mention of whether this will be an update of the 5711 or a new complicated piece. Also from what I gather this will not be openly available, either limited edition or just offered to select clientele.

Master
    I would be willing to be that there's going to be some sort of "new" nautilus coming out. Not sure if is going to be a 3 hand one in steel, effectively retiring the 5711. The 5711 is on his 10th anniversary and still hugely popular, but with Patek one never knows...

I prefer the white by quite a margin but would pick a 5712 over it.

Spoke to an AD last weekend who thinks there is going to be two new nautilus models coming out. He reckons one in precious metal and one in steel. He also mentioned that Patek let ADs know a month in advance of a price rise and he hadn't heard anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by teeth man View Post
    Spoke to an AD last weekend who thinks there is going to be two new nautilus models coming out. He reckons one in precious metal and one in steel. He also mentioned that Patek let ADs know a month in advance of a price rise and he hadn't heard anything yet.
    ? When I bought my 5711. The boutique would not exactly confirm a new model, but mentioned the exact date of the 40 years and told me to look out for the anniversary. All Patek AD's I have spoken to have confirmed a 1 August price increase.
    It's just a matter of time...